Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lowering MP Hate

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daman453 View Post
    I heard this agurement before, but marine law is to easy to avoid. Painfully easy that requires little prep. Wear armor on ship, take it off on planet. Simple, but hard to pure TDM.
    Where I mentioned marine law being hard to avoid? Or avoiding breaking it at all? We are talking here about MP hate, not how to not break ML (tutorial 100% no scam).

I also don't get this agurement that MP's deal with zero threats. We do, when you are off in TDM land, we deal with a MT bar and the case of a shot CT. We deal with the CE killing someone. The theft of the CL's briefcase. The summoned ERT call. Mini events like ARES freezing over or the Whiteout synth. I play PFC to have fun, i play MP to solve crimes, get to the bottom of things and arrest wrong doers.
    Oh no! The threat to marine sobriety! A MT bar! Thank you kind MP, for risking your life to deal with MT bar.
    The case of a shot CT? MPs don't handle this, you little liar. Admemes do, if it wasn't a proper escalation. If it was a proper escalation, its not a fucking threat to other marines. Since, you know, every player/marine carries a gun, unlike on classic SS13 where antags can more or less freely use superb gear and ablities to kill the (mostly) unarmed crew.
    CE killing someone? The same s with the case of a shot CT.
    The theft of the CL's briefcase? Oh no! CL lost his briefcase, are we all gonna lose our briefcase? Will we die? Is that a threat simillar to a classic SS13 vampire/shadowling/blob/cult/syndie/nukies/xenomorphs/wizard/etc?
    The summoned ERT call? If they are hostile, its fucking marines who deal with that. If they aren't hostile, its MPs who make them hostile, trying to arrest them while they have their objectives and if bothered, are allowed to go ham on marines. MPs are detrimental in that case, not only useless.
    ARES freezing? What we can do without MPs? I mean, those super IT guys who can do something about ARES and not just stay around arresting marines till admeme who runs the event just does something?
    What crimes MPs solve? None. They barerly have tools to solve shit. All they can do is to take prints off hacked doors/vendors, or broken windows and maybe (if it is a big brain MP) ask doctor to perform autopsy and learn that the crime was commited with a gun that every marine has access to. Not to mention this is another admeme event and they have to follow their own rules.

Imma be real with you pal, MPs have nothing that they can do where simple PFC can't. A killer on the run on the ship that is allowed by admemes to kill? A PFC has a gun, you know? And 9 times out of 10 he has a better gun, because you are only allowed to carry a pistol unless its a red alert, where you have to spend the time to go get it and spend more time to get some good attachements, not to mention you have to beg req to give you MD that every single marine can get from his vendor.
    MPs are useless in terms of a gameplay. Classic SS13 security is hated, now imagine them without their anti-antag role (the same antags that appear on every round and aren't once a bluemoon admeme event).
    If NanoTrasen sec is so unliked despite having a clear purpose and benefitting entire crew then there is no way in hell MP who has no gameplay purpose and doesn't benefit anyone, but command, (which isn't much liked either by a common PFC) will not be hated.

Shipside antags got removed because CO would BE any shipside antag, and without antags there is no forensics. Its sad because having someone pull a gun or something like that are the moments i live for.
    Shipside antags, while flawed, had their adventages.

I just find it so hard to take you seriously because its clear you find no value in shipside roles unless it supports the TDM mode.
    You are totally incorrect. Just because I showed you perspective of a common PFC, you think I share this view. No I don't. I just told you how a random Private First Class Baldass "Amogus" McBald views MP.
    Personally, I enjoy mess tech gameplay, cooking tofu kebobs, arranging them perfectly on a table, then breaking into morgue and making some tasty burgers and soylent green afterwards.
    But that doesn't matter. Baldass McBald isn't here to RP, he is here to haha shoot aliens haha and wait for it in between drops while haha new meme just dropped haha.

Now, anyone have a suggestion to marine law or otherwise that keeps the antagazation to a minimum?
    There exist no possible change in just Marine Law that would fix the problem.

Just as individual CO's have to earn respect of other marines trough combat, MPs could also use this mechanic.
    One idea I have is to make them super powerfull, Spec-tier and actually let them fight groundside trough their Honor Guard role, protecting SO who buffs rines with orders. Then and only then marines will learn to respect the role, where mere suggestion from MP would be enough to discourage any "bad" behaviour. Maybe after that we would live to see a day where Sadar Spec breaks ML in a way where he can't get NJP, but a robust, respected, veteran of many battles MP will arrest him and will simply say: "This spec dishonoured his uniform and he has to sit out some time in brig, but worry not, we will drop with you." and marines will not try to prevent the arrest out of ther own will.
    Last edited by CABAL; 09-27-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CABAL nailed alot of it. There's nothing to really DO on mp because there are no antag roles. But it's also because shipside is so pared down and ruined.

During the rollback event MPs were busy as hell. They had to investigate power outages caused by the generator not being setup/maintained (removed). They had to help the CMO enforce cleanliness standards because people were causing infections, not wearing masks, etc. (Removed).
    They had to investigate the CEs deconstruction of things like moving around medbay computers (who cares) . Many more people had to return to the ship for shrapnel/surgery with necro back in so they had earlier cases to work on. And interviews (dead). There were apc power outages and rewires (dead and who cares)

Engineering is dead besides "bars", medical is dumbed down and no one goes back shipside, research is ehh, overwatch is largely worthless and mostly ignored with CIC full 50% if your lucky.

It's not that the mps aren't needed for marines to function its that SHIPSIDE isn't needed.

All of shipside could be replaced with a 5min random drop of meds/ammo. And that's a sad state
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what happens when you completely focus on the planetside interaction and neglect an entire side of the round for years. You might do surgery once, twice or not at all in an entire round as a doctor unless you volunteer for the APC, command just converges all squads into a murder ball and points them in a direction (Wich happens anyway regardless of input) and engineering is six feet under.

I'm gonna have to second what bearded say and agree that shipside doesn't matter anymore, and that's just depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embrace the MP hate, learn to live with it and wait for the day you can put down a marine mutiny with flashbangs and flamethrowers.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MedBox View Post
    Embrace the MP hate, learn to live with it and wait for the day you can put down a marine mutiny with flashbangs and flamethrowers.
    Or start one yourselves.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    CABAL nailed alot of it. There's nothing to really DO on mp because there are no antag roles. But it's also because shipside is so pared down and ruined.

During the rollback event MPs were busy as hell. They had to investigate power outages caused by the generator not being setup/maintained (removed). They had to help the CMO enforce cleanliness standards because people were causing infections, not wearing masks, etc. (Removed).
    They had to investigate the CEs deconstruction of things like moving around medbay computers (who cares) . Many more people had to return to the ship for shrapnel/surgery with necro back in so they had earlier cases to work on. And interviews (dead). There were apc power outages and rewires (dead and who cares)

Engineering is dead besides "bars", medical is dumbed down and no one goes back shipside, research is ehh, overwatch is largely worthless and mostly ignored with CIC full 50% if your lucky.

It's not that the mps aren't needed for marines to function its that SHIPSIDE isn't needed.

All of shipside could be replaced with a 5min random drop of meds/ammo. And that's a sad state
    I mean I'm just going to take a guess and say that most of what was removed was due to performance. If i'm wrong I don't think anyone would object to at least the engineering to make a return.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    I mean I'm just going to take a guess and say that most of what was removed was due to performance. If i'm wrong I don't think anyone would object to at least the engineering to make a return.
    Some was... other parts were just side effects of various things.

Like engineering for example. Everything used to be hard wired; but they removed the need for wiring for lag issues, and to simply maps. Now apcs just "power" things based on being in the room.

Then they removed the need to repair generators, and maintain them. My recollection was this was a "temporary fix" as someone was working on engineering update.. but then it just never got changed. Now generators are fixed from the start, apcs fucll from the start, and nothing ever needs to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

I really agree with this if the devs need to focus on something it is the horrible state the Almayer is in.
    I hope they have atleast some plans about it but considering the recent trends it is unlikely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahem
    Seethe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ediblebomb View Post
    Ahem
    Seethe
    >stand in dropship as MP
    >seethe
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's