Date of Incident
    September 24, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Laurencia Beck
    Their BYOND Key
    MrDadMan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6:50 PM
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I believe that MrDadMan moderated me incorrectly by issuing the heavy warning. The heavy warning came from me charging a staff officer with Failure to Follow Procedure (FtFP). I was asked to investigate by the Captain almost at the start of the round two staff officers wearing armor, breaching SOP. I do not recall their names. I went to the first one and handled it without an arrest or such, simply instructing them to take off their armor. I encountered the second staff officer in maintenance and confronted them. After confronting them, I was blown off as they ran away, to which I told them to halt. They ran around maintenance and tried to break the line of sight until I caught up to them and notified them of their errors. During this process and the notification of their arrest, the XO then (to my knowledge and understanding) issued them authorization to deploy (while I was handling another marine's arrest).

After a long exchange of ahelps, MrDadMan proceeded to issue the heavy warning, although (to my knowledge) the staff officer had the armor on prior to getting authorization from the Captain, in turn breaching the law.

I believe the relationship between MrDadMan and I should be examined, as needed, as I believe this may have impacted the judgment I received. I believe the following links (which have been ongoing for months) will help to clarify the relationship and their opinion of me.

https://imgur.com/a/lkYCP3L - Messaging ongoing for months, even during my MP ban in which I rarely played under "Laurencia Beck." They were a member of staff during some of these messages as well.

//showthrea...-11-Marine-Law - I believe this showcases their goal to condemn me, and how long-lasting this issue seems to have been.

I am happy to clarify or answer any questions.
    Evidence
    N/A
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no "condemning" goal. I could have rejobbanned you for having an incident within 3 days of being unbanned. I'm a staff member enforcing the rules of the server. I provided you with explanation to why and evidence to why you were wrong in the situation.

Here are some of the logs I provided for you:

[23:08:55]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Come with me. (JOB: Chief MP)
    [23:08:56]SAY: Bob Huey [1]: For? (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [23:09:00]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: I already told you. (JOB: Chief MP)
    [23:09:02]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: He's deploying. (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [23:09:03]SAY: Bob Huey [1]: Im deploying. (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [23:09:09]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: He's deploying. (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [23:09:18]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Deploying does not waive his crimes. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Chief MP)

XO told you twice that Bob Huey would be deploying while you were trying to arrest them. You then justified the arrest saying, "deploying does not waive his crimes", which their arresting crime was Failure to Follow Procedure for wearing armor on green security level as Staff Officer. But seeming they were deploying and were given permission to deploy by the XO, it isn't a crime anymore because they had a valid reason to be in armor. The XO telling you to investigate earlier into the round meant that you needed to investigate— including if they had permission. The XO being "confusing" doesn't justify you not looking into the details. You took someone out of the round just because you didn't ask for clarification even though XO told you twice that they would be deploying, therefore you received a heavy warning. It has nothing to do with the personal situations that has happened between you and me.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDadMan View Post
    It has nothing to do with the personal situations that has happened between you and me.
    I wish to make it clear with our bumpy history that I feel more comfortable with another member of staff handling this regardless, as you are quite vocal about your dislikening for me. I believe there are notes about it as well, but notes are no longer public, so I cannot access anybodys but mine.

Also, again. I am arguing that he had armor on PRIOR to getting permission, which makes it a crime. I found it to be like this in literally every instance of ML and SOP I glossed over: NoD for deploying without prior authorization, FtFP for modifying the ship without prior notification, and prior permission, FtFP for deconstruction prior to establishing hostile contact.

I something that's a little more outlined in ML/SOP that's similar to this situation and can be compared is that: an MP cannot arrest a CO prior to receiving a warrant from Provost/HC, regardless of their crimes. An MP may only arrest a CO with that warrant, and should they arrest them prior to receiving this warrant from Provost/HC, they've just broken the law multiple different kinds of ways, regardless if a warrant later arrives.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna weigh in since I was actually a staff officer that round (though neither of the two wearing armor). From what I saw, early into OP an SO wanted to deploy and XO was fine with it. We're all going around getting ready and I hear that he gets arrested for FTFP for wearing armor. The XO, as far as I know, had given him permission to deploy. The CMP arrested him, and then neglected to listen to the XO trying to say that they had allowed it. Myself and the other CIC staff were all aware that the CMP had broken marine law here, in what looked like a blatant abuse of power, and one actually admits to me that CMP is a jerk or something, to which I remark "be careful" or something along those lines. The biggest concern I had was the CMP arresting the SO for wearing armor without permission, except they weren't actually investigating as to whether or not they got permission. If you're going to that much effort to arrest someone, you also need to put more effort into your investigation. From a rules perspective, a heavy warning seems very generous in this case. Now, given I am replying to this after sometime, I may have some facts wrong, and I was busy organizing marines at the time, so let me know if I got anything wrong.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pulled some logs, the XO in-character back pedaled after the fact. They reported them then backpedaled saying oh they can deploy.

2022/09/24: [22:59:37]SAY: Virginia Markso [MP]: Johnson and Huey. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:03:58]SAY: Virginia Markso [MP]: Check on command, make sure the- (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:04:03]SAY: Virginia Markso [MP]: I didn't say the marines. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:04:09]SAY: Virginia Markso [MP]: I said the officers. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:04:20]SAY: Virginia Markso [MP]: Smith. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:03]SAY: Virginia Markso [Alpha]: The MP misunderstood me, it was in reference to command and officers, not the marines. Briefing is at 1215 marines. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:03]SAY: Virginia Markso [Bravo]: The MP misunderstood me, it was in reference to command and officers, not the marines. Briefing is at 1215 marines. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:03]SAY: Virginia Markso [Charlie]: The MP misunderstood me, it was in reference to command and officers, not the marines. Briefing is at 1215 marines. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:03]SAY: Virginia Markso [Delta]: The MP misunderstood me, it was in reference to command and officers, not the marines. Briefing is at 1215 marines. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:49]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: She's mad about your armor. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:05:55]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: You can't wear armor on green. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:06:01]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: I never said you were. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:06:27]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: Just fuck ask to deploy, it's not hard. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:06:31]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: Try to ask noow. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:06:35]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: When? (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:06:48]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: Yes, you can deploy. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2022/09/24: [23:07:05]SAY: Virginia Markso [1]: Yes, you can deploy. (CKEY: Tempelers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summarily this comes down to the proverbial fog of war. The XO changing their mind on things and a general lack of clarity led to the arrest, based upon logs.
    That said, there is no evidence of an attempt to verify they were authorised to deploy, and being so authorised would invalidate the breach of SOP by wearing the armour.

I will remove the note however a new one will be placed linking to this report and requiring a better effort in investigation of crimes before you detain someone, as handling marine law, particularly with officers, is a delicate matter and should not be used as a stick to wave.
    No action will be taken against MrDadMan as their actions were appropriate for the information to hand, and the content of the note acceptable for your conduct.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001