Felix [ "Cash" Taylor] #8878

Marine Name
    Felix 'Cash' Taylor

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    River

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    River is a spiritualist, vegan, one with the universe, hippy. River is "newage".

River loves nature; River talks about natural remedies to medics that ask for custom meds; River loves to "go with the flow" when asked what he is doing; River advocates nonviolence and getting along when people are arrested; River advocates a "celebration of being" at the memorial after the marines have been wiped.

Basically River is any dude from California with long hair who talks about "breathing techniques" and hosts Yoga classes.

I want to emphasis though that I am not a full "hippy" because I will have 0 drug use or advocacy of drugs. River is more likely to recommend sunlight and "deep breathing". Nothing Pot related. Falling back on drugs would be boring.

River will definitely talk about Marines being vaporized in bad OBs as "being one with the sun and nature and that is beautiful".

River might get BE'ed for saying "far out" too much.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    My answer remains the same as last time.

I was one of the most played synth players for a long time. I was on track to get the purple ribbon 2nd overall. There is nothing quite like it.

As for the rest

I made mistakes as synth and I played sloppy. My mistake was playing nothing BUT synth when I should have taken a break and been a marine at times. I wont be making that mistake again.

Even so I think most people know for every bad place I messed up, there were good things too. My delisting was not for anything that was removal worthy on its own... just bad play over time. I just need to tighten up the bad parts.

I admit I am silly and play silly; this is a game. I may be immature at times but I am never malicious. I have been playing for over 4 years on the server. I have never been banned once, ever. I have never been job banned. I have been a mentor continually for 3 years. My notes are primarily goofy and dumb; but the list isnt as bad or as long as some people. For those that would say I may not be a good fit for synth; there are synths and councilors who do not have a clean as record as I do. And I don't think anyone has reapplied, and retried to get back on the list as much as I have.

Believe it or not it has been 20 months since I was delisted. Closing in on 2 years. I reapplied monthly and was denied 7 times in a row, then took a break. I reapplied as a new character 5 months ago and was denied. I've spoken with you all about this. There are people who have started playing, made staff, been fired, and banned in the time it's taken for me to continue to try to get relisted. This alone should show my dedication.

I know that I rallied against council for a while, I raged, etc. But we are on the verge of that literally being years ago. I needed time to shake my reputation as a synth. In 20months... only the vets even remember Felix anymore.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    The knights of the round table event with other synths.

A certain "human meat" event.

When I won a poetry contest as synth so they expanded the closet into a bedroom.. but it was in space tiles so marines visiting me froze to death.

Synthetic Character Story
    River tries to help a marine see the wonders of Tofu.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

There were no comments on my story so it remains unchanged.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very. I have 174 hours as synth from the time it was tracked and many more hours before that. I used to hardwire the old SMES together.

I need to brush up on some of the recipes but know the rest by heart still.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Good, I was put on overwatch a lot as synth. I prefer SO to anything else but I play alot of warden and some SEA. I dont really like commanding though to be honest.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely. I considered myself a "medical" synth when I still was one. After that I have more hours into doctor and medic than anything else.

I primarily play doctor now and teach.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very, though I will admit it is not my favorite. I think it's honestly more boring than overwatch.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Combat should be avoided, try not to be anywhere you can get caught. Warrior grabs and flings are particularly dangerous.

If it cannot be avoided because you are cornered or you have to defend a marine, it should be to the point of driving the xeno off. So you can flee.

If you are in the line you should prioritize helping marines, like shaking them, and dragging; Let them take care of the xenos.

Delta alert, prioritize saving marines, but kill xenos.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Said most of it before. Let me know if you have questions.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 09-27-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit was because the link to the story was not set to public, but private. I have updated it.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to +1 nor -1 your application. For what it's worth, I saw you play as corpsman once, and when a marine was telling you to kit a crit patient bleeding, you went "oh is that my job now" and being a smartass instead of treating. I then proceeded to fix the patient for you (I was also a corpsman). Doesn't seem like a good attitude to have when someone points out a mistake in your process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

After giving it some thought and just how you handle things ingame and within the Discord, I cannot support your application.
    On the lighter side I think it's important to play roles outside of doctor while your application is up. I think most of us can support "yeah you can play medical very well" but with changes to Engineering coming and the limited budget Requisitions finds itself in, you should "brush up" while your application is still open. Just because they're boring doesn't mean you won't find yourself, as a Synth, doing those job roles in the future.

Outside of the roles part, seeing you ingame sometimes makes me wonder how you'll end up in Brig because that's all I've seen every then and there which lowers my confidence if you can be an upstanding role model if you were to get accepted as Synth. Your attitude ingame and within the discord is pretty intimidating at times which, this is my own opinion, makes you un-approachable at times.

I'm not impressed by your behavior and you should play other roles instead of focusing on doctor so I'm giving this application a -1. If I notice any improvements with your attitude and see some dedication into the other support roles, my vote may change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone has any real objections to your competency mechanically, we know you are mechanically able to handle the role, the issue mostly comes down to your behavior.

A lot of the newer players don't know you/don't know what you did, but synth accepts very few people and so the vast majority of the synth playerbase still remembers Felix and his top hat, and the slurry water, and the OBs, and the delta marine capture incident and so on. However, I agree with Felix that it has been 20 months since he was deWLed. In this time, Felix still hasn't received a ban, a job ban, or anything despite all his antics and craziness. He's gone some time without a note, and as someone who frequently encounters him is no where near what he used to do. Felix isn't the doctor running around high off space drugs doing stupid shit, he still jokes and messes with people, but not much more than I do. The last time I played doctor was to bully Greta Bjornsdottir and to saw off monkey legs to make monkey nuggets, and I am a former synth councilor. I know many other people joke around like this too, especially with friends, and so to place blame purely at his feet for messing around as doctor is just hypocrisy. His last application was 4 months ago, almost to the day. In it, the final response before closing it was Jakk saying, "I really would like to see you stop getting in trouble and back on the synth WL." I agree with Jakk, and I think Felix has made the effort to show he's willing to change his behavior.

With that being said, however, I know there are many who still distrust Felix and I cannot blame them for it. I do think that the council should give him a shot, though. I remember when the WJ were being added as apart of the WL, that one of the original aims were to make it so that Synth WL applicants could have access to the role to show their ability to RP and follow rules as a type of synthetic. I think that chance should be given to Felix. If he is not given the chance to show he's capable of upholding the synth standard, how will he ever prove to anyone who doubts him that can? It's a kind of catch-22. I also know that there are people that will say he will simply shortly follow the rules then go back to fucking up. Maybe, I do not think we could ever 100% discount that. However, Felix has been trying consistently for 20 months to get his WL back, its clear he cares about it and deeply values it. How many other deWLed people have bothered to try so hard to get their WL back? I cannot name one of the many COs or Preds who lost theirs, I think that commitment says something.

To close, I think the council should give Felix a trial run, with the WJ. How to exactly go about this, I don't know. There's no new WL role that lets him, maybe just give him a discord screen cap he can ahelp with to have an admin spawn him in as the role or something, I'm sure Forest or Forte could handle that. If he's able to follow the rules and keep his nose clean for whatever period of time the council desires, then start him off on probation. He knows the rules for synth already, it might take a round or two to get back into the swing of things, but he shouldn't have the same leeway new synths do obviously. I feel this is a fair way for everyone to access to what degree Felix is able to uphold the standard.
    Last edited by c4xmaniac; 09-30-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    Synth Gaming

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor23 View Post
    I'm not going to +1 nor -1 your application. For what it's worth, I saw you play as corpsman once, and when a marine was telling you to kit a crit patient bleeding, you went "oh is that my job now" and being a smartass instead of treating. I then proceeded to fix the patient for you (I was also a corpsman). Doesn't seem like a good attitude to have when someone points out a mistake in your process.
    I was being sarcastic as having a marine order me to do something I was already doing is silly. I had already given them a dex+ shot to prevent their death from 02 and was pilling them.

For what it's worth I believe when I tried to explain afterward you told me "dont care, kill yourself" and walked away.

Seems we were all a little cranky that day.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 09-30-2022 at 09:00 PM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheeBiggest and C4xmaniac, I appreciate your input.

Theebiggest I am sorry to hear you think I am intimidating; I do like to argue, but as a mentor I would never want someone to fear approaching me. Cleaning up my discord behavior is something I am looking into (the removal of admin feedback will help).
    Your recommendation to play another role is pretty good actually. I have heard the new interface changes have changed engineer a bit. I plan on playing some CE this weekend.

c4xmaniac, thank you for the argument and thank you for your passionate defense.

I wanted to express a point here I made on there that I thought of while speaking with council yesterday. I know some of you guys remember me for the bad times.. but I dont think that people remember the amount I played. I looked at my time played and my listing/delisting to get some basis. If you guys didnt know I was a synth from 6/2019-6/2021, two entire years. Since they added timelock at end of sept 2020 until my delist (8months) I played 174 hours on synth alone. So if you extrapolate that (and I was banned for a month during that time).. I probably played close to something like 600 hours on synth. I played synth synth and nothing else for close to two years.

My problem was not realizing that there are times when it is appropriate to play synth and when there isnt. And I wracked up hours of bad play when I wasnt in the mindset to play seriously. And you can name a lot of bad instances.. but what i don't want lost is the literaly DAYS of good play that is being lost behind the video of the "ice incident".

If I had just chosen to play marine 10% of the time when feeling tired or drunk or silly.. that's 60 hours of bad play removed and its that "bad hours" that built up. If I am given synth again, I am not going to play it nearly as often.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 09-30-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The marine insisted on three (3) separate chat logs that you kit them. You did not kit them. Dex+ isn't going to prevent their blood from going down to below 90%. Which it was.

"silence" and "shh" were your only responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you think you should be let back?

Everything I have seen from you regarding your previous incidents in CM has given me no reason to believe you are regretful or remorseful for what you did.

You claim this was your problem? But it could not be more simple to understand that you have to play synth seriously. What made you think you could do what literally no one else on the WL does and play the role while not being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    My problem was not realizing that there are times when it is appropriate to play synth and when there isnt. And I wracked up hours of bad play when I wasnt in the mindset to play seriously. And you can name a lot of bad instances.. but what i don't want lost is the literaly DAYS of good play that is being lost behind the video of the "ice incident".
    I have not once in my time in the CM community seen anyone but yourself say anything good about your old synth, which to me shows the scale of how bad your actions really were.

And what am I meant to even say about things like this?

Felix1.jpg

Felix2.jpg

Everyone in CM has done their fair share of silly LRP things, but these are monumentally bad looking. They are also not the only negatives I've seen and heard regarding your marine antics. This is not what you should be known for whilst making a WL application, let alone a WL you were already removed from.

This application gets a -1 from me, unless you can give me an actual reason you can come back not including just because its been a long time. Convince us that you won't do it again.

To touch on what C4 said also, I do believe people can change in their behaviour and I do believe in second chances but I personally am yet to see great changes in you. Every time I've seen you mention any incident you seem to almost brag about how funny it was and all the memes that come from it too.

Just like TheeBiggest's -1, I am willing to change to a +1 if you can prove yourself different from everyone's view of you. I'm always happy to eat my words if it comes to it and you prove me wrong.
    If you have CM brain rot don't talk to me.

Less than polite marine Rob Warraker
    Synthetic Units Rook and Monty
    Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NuggetsOnToast

There are many people who think I was a good synth. I can link them if need be but its whatever.

When I say play seriously, I mean play in a condition where I have more focus and attention to what I am doing. I do not mean play not silly.
    I was not removed from this list for being silly; in fact my synths original trait was taking everything in a positive light no matter what and was silly. I am regretful that I was too aggressive and got caught by xenos too much; I regret making dumb decisions like the Ice water and not saving the marine that led to my suspensions. But I am not regretful about being silly.

I am a silly character, I play silly. I was never noted, or removed for being silly on Felix for 2 years.

This is part of the issue I do not understand that is going on. Where does it say that as a Whitelist holder, I cannot be silly on marine. You and others are so quick to jump to instances of MARINE PLAY where I acted goofy.. but why is that a disqualification from the whitelist?

You link things I did that are silly, and they are. People and myself think they are funny. I understand if they are rule breaks or notes.. but if they werent a rule break, I wasnt noted for them... and its not while playing synth so why do they matter? Because it looks bad? Why does it look bad?

Why am I being held to a standard that I cannot be silly, and what feels like uniquely so? If your argument is that it makes the whitelist look bad, then I would say that in this thread alone:

You have WL holder who's only interaction with me was negative and HIS response was him telling me to kill myself.
    You Nuggets yourself, were recently noted by staff for " multiple instances of the player in question being very toxic to other players, staff, and going beyond general "salt." He insulted a member of managment because he was not happy about the way an admin ticket was handled then proceeded to directly insult a player in deadchat calling him a retard, disabled, nigga and his actions were reprehensible against this player because NuggetsonToast didn't get his way." .

Jakk (the head of the list) was recently suspended from the discord for racist slurs.
    The "Ravanger from the hood" incident leading to the suspension of a staff member, which such lines as "Are you racist nigga", was a synth councilor.
    50 Rem (councilor and exsenator) was removed from staff after he leaked staffcord stuff and Jamie put him on the blacklist
    Clap was removed from staff after "inappropriate Discord conduct, memery and low activity."
    (sidebar for all councilers who are concerned about how I will make the list look, how does it make the list look that no one on council can seem to remain staff for any period of time?)
    Etc. etc. etc.

Yet why do you guys trip over yourselves over your concern that I MIGHT be silly.. and oh god.. how bad that would make the list look?

Is someone who is consistency silly on their marine character really worse for the WL than those that are occasionally banned for toxicity, racism, doxing, and other server breaks?