User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BeardedWall - Synthetic Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the rest of you. Some of the things you have mentioned I do not even think are me. Ticker I never "hide in the apc" to deploy without permission. To do so is a server rule break and I would have been noted long ago about it. In fact I rarely deploy as a doctor at all, thus all the "arrests" everyone is discussing. The only occasion I can recall is one where the CMO woke up late after I was already deploying, and we got into an argument over a misunderstanding.
    The rest are all things like the "shoving" where Kryth got so upset he player reported me and the report was to go our separate ways. It's another misunderstanding that you can read more about on the report itself (which you threatened to shoot me over btw).
    Katskan your comment is noted but not productive. Again if I was technically incompetent there would be a note about it. If I continually broke server rules I would be banned. My notes are 5-6 months apart despite my continual play.
    I am sorry if anything I did ever upset you. I don't mean to unless I am playing mp.

Let me refocus.

The original argument for my denial was primarily "we need more time to distance from Felix" Its now been 20 months
    The next argument was "stop getting in trouble". My notes are 5 months apart and even council admitted they are dumb. So that's done.
    The next rejection is now "you are too silly and we are concerned about you being it on synth".
    Maybe my argument was unclear. I want to play silly on marine, and serious on synth. If you all think I am going to be silly like this on my new synth, there's no chance. I am barely going to play them. I am not risking being delisted again.

My fear is that one of the things I was offered was possibly be let back on with a severe warning, with a one strike and your out. Though I appreciate this, what I am afraid will happen is that I will get accepted; do something goofy on marine, then have that be used as the basis to removal from the list. I would rather be accepted with this known. Because I like to play silly.

Although disappointing, I guess a takeaway on this app is that I will be toning it all down; even if I dont get the list. Some of you dont like me, and I don't like you, and I dont care. Others it is disappointing to be viewed negatively by you. In particular Brad, Phelan, Nuggets, Nunk, and Misty (not just these). Whom I have enjoyed playing with in the past.

I admit I am a clown; but part of that is I want everyone to have fun. I want to keep rounds interesting. But if this many people view what I do closer to grief..maybe I am closer to the line than I want to be.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NuggetsOnToast

It wasnt a personal attack on you either man. I have enjoyed playing with you when we do. I think what staff did was dumb; and said as much in the discord. I even messaged Jakk to ready to argue against you being punished for it, because what they are doing is dumb.

And I don't think ANYONE should be punished on their whitelist for stuff outside of it, aside from major bans. The argument that it will make the whitelist look bad is something I fight against.

Appreciate you sticking your neck out. Sorry for burning the bridge. Hope I can rebuild it one day.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure what I saw was you, because I spectated it in part with Phelan.

If you can't keep your cool in a forum reply with days to reply, then I have no idea how any of us should expect you to keep your cool in a round of synth.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K, here's what I think we should do.

Jakkk, I would like to withdraw this application, or deny it. But please leave it open for a few days.

Other synths/voters/whatever. Please provide some things you would like to see me change in order to be a better synth. I would appreciate things other than "be less shitty".. Maybe timeframes, role suggestions, etc.

Sidebar, whoever marked the application one star, good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

Jakkk, I would like to withdraw this application, or deny it. But please leave it open for a few days.

Other synths/voters/whatever. Please provide some things you would like to see me change in order to be a better synth. I would appreciate things other than "be less shitty".. Maybe timeframes, role suggestions, etc.

So, I'm going to lay out my thoughts as concisely as I can on your application. I'm one of the newer players to cm, and I'm quite happy with that. I've had a lot to learn and I think it's nice per-se for my ability to review apps. If you wanted to be reviewed without any judgements on your history, I will give you that, simply because I've not played when you were a whitelisted synth and I'm not going to assume anything about your time as a whitelisted synth based off what I've heard.

What I can tell you is what I've seen from your playing as Felix "Cash" Taylor. You commonly play MP and doctor, alongside formerly playing squad medic, until you had an incident with CastorTroy. If you are wishing to be a synth, you should have the learner's mindset. You had mistakes pointed out as you were a squad medic by Troy, and while he was quite rude, you both failed to learn or defend yourself.

As a doctor
    you seem to have plenty of hours, though seem to have a lack of any technique. I've discussed your application and observed your work as a doctor alongside Phelan in order to ascertain your abilities. I think you're technically competent, as in technically knowledgable of the various doctor techniques that exist. Yet, despite your surplus of hours you do not seem to have any style, you sometimes did multiple surgeries at once, other times you did each surgery individually. You did not recognize that oxy damage was from low blood in someone during evacuation and instead diagnosed them with massive organ damage. I understand it can be hard to keep up with the various updates to the game, but you need to be able to stay adaptable if you wish to be a synth.

RP I'll point out what I saw from yourself as a doctor today. You tried to use the fire-emergancy shutters within the various operating rooms in order to make a marine "pay a toll". I routinely see you get brigged, and there's been several incidents of you being extremely LRP that not only have come to light, but you've made jokes about yourself repeatedly.

Poor learning habits, poor RP, poor gameplay as a doctor. I see no reason not to leave a -1.

That was my original critique. If you want to improve, take the game more seriously and try your hand at role playing in some rounds. Most people are willing too if they have the time or it's a non urgent situation. Play more doctor, but on the FOB, more squad medic and engineer so we can know you're solid. Go into it with a mindset ready to learn.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I am sure what I saw was you, because I spectated it in part with Phelan.

If you can't keep your cool in a forum reply with days to reply, then I have no idea how any of us should expect you to keep your cool in a round of synth.
    I wasnt removed from synth for losing my temper. The two years of play being evidence. Besides the point, I'm not trying to argue.

You are right though, I thought you meant the fire shutters onboard the ship. We were playing corsat. Two people limped in and I pushed the button for the LZ joking that I was trying to trap them and charge them a toll. Then I treated them immediately with the other doctor in the fob. I later used these same shutters to trap the hive and queen during siege and rescue marines. But you are right in that I joked about this.

The blood loss was strange. The marine had 0 organ damage, 5 brute and only 15% blood loss. But despite being on tram, inna, dex, dexplus, and shaking, he still kept taking 02 damage. Stayed with him until medical, hooked him to an IV, then asked in LOOC about it. Figured it was something with the new hud. I did multiple other surgeries and revived marines without issue.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 10-03-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

Put a game face on and get some deployment time as a doctor, and get stuck in as a medic. Play to get your technique down again, I know part of what damaged confidence in medical was this weird lack of consistency in surgery, you clearly know the destination you want to get to but the routes are all over the place which I think is from lack of practice. Being a reliable anchor in that regard will totally wipe that issue.

We also all should know that admins are notoriously bad at enforcing "relatively minor" issues like a FOB doctor leaving the barricade on their own to go get a cargo tug, or running out of barricades into the frontline as it approaches FOB to grab marines and bring them back in. These things which are unnoticed by admins are noticed when someone is applying for a WL and WL holders are spectating you. You need to be a consistent pillar demonstrating you can hold to simple rules and expectations right from when your app is posted. Once your app is decided on, you can go back to being silly and wild as a marine as long as it doesn't spill over into your synthetic.

If you would like, you could also try using this https://discord.com/channels/1503155...64403595681873 as an opportunity to get your name out as a reliable field doctor, get some serious character RP with Bravos, and get noticed in a really good way. You have not upset me, you have disappointed me. You can do better, and this is how. Again, feel free to be wacky and wild while you don't have an application open or aren't in support roles, but when your app is open if you're any kind of engineer or medical, you're going to have the microscope on you. Everyone does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our incident wasnt a misunderstanding, what i told earlier was what happened, you shoving me because i wasnt standing still and you mindlessly tackling me for your own personal satisfaction to treat me. There was context but its irrelevant here

Yes i did whip out my gun ingame thinking i was going to shoot you but came to my senses and didnt go forward with it

Irrelevant details but my issue is the fact u ignore the problem there. The lack of acknowledgement that you bothered my round and merely set it as a misunderstanding when i was visibly upset. If you cant see your fault on how your actions on tackling me during our incident was then i dont think you realize that your actions also impact other players experience on the round

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryth View Post
    Our incident wasnt a misunderstanding, what i told earlier was what happened, you shoving me because i wasnt standing still and you mindlessly tackling me for your own personal satisfaction to treat me. There was context but its irrelevant here

Yes i did whip out my gun ingame thinking i was going to shoot you but came to my senses and didnt go forward with it

Irrelevant details but my issue is the fact u ignore the problem there. The lack of acknowledgement that you bothered my round and merely set it as a misunderstanding when i was visibly upset. If you cant see your fault on how your actions on tackling me during our incident was then i dont think you realize that your actions also impact other players experience on the round
    It was a misunderstanding.

//showthrea...5083#post85083

For those who want the details they can just go read it. We shoved each other.

You also upset me by calling me a dick, telling me to fuck off, then reporting me. If it matters at all, now that we are some distance from it, I am sorry that it upset you. Being of a cooler head, we both should have just apologized in last round chat and moved on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny dumpster fire. So much shit over your behavior off-WL despite the fact you've proven to be capable of proper RP and behavior while playing as a synth for a long time. No clue where the distrust comes from, at least as far as people who played in the Felix days go. Considering the behavior that was pointed out people should be aware how separating things works.
    That said
    The original argument for my denial was primarily "we need more time to distance from Felix" Its now been 20 months
    The next argument was "stop getting in trouble". My notes are 5 months apart and even council admitted they are dumb. So that's done.
    The next rejection is now "you are too silly and we are concerned about you being it on synth".
    I guess the issue here is you're approaching this as an appeal of your dewhitelisting - kind of how'd you appeal a job ban, rather than a synthetic application. I dunno if there were some behind the scenes talks which led to this, but this seems like you've no clue or do not care about what's required of synth applicants currently. Maybe im just not in the know though and you *were* supposed to get special treatment.
    So much time has passed that the current players only know you from your goofy marine behavior and cannot vouch for the synth quality. If you've no agreement with the council about this you should approach it like a new applicant and sort out your IC behavior. The "quit getting in trouble" line might've been meant to extend to trouble with players, not just staff. I think some people exaggerate, but you DO need to be seen as someone trustworthy and capable of proper conduct by the current playerbase.

I fondly remember your synth's gimmick, I think you're one of the better ones CM has had, one of the people that made CM fun back during the "colorful" times of Carson etc when WLs were about bringing some recognizable "twist" to a round. I do have faint memories of you fucking up near the end of your WL by overextending in caves and combatsynthing, but thats about it. Would be cool to see you back, either as some unique trial if there was a deal made, or otherwise when you sort out your reputation and make a proper app, not an appeal.