User Tag List

Thread: Guprei - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guprei - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Guprei
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Katie Brooks
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Stormtrooper#4207
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    I do not have one
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N.A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Sojourn, Citadel, Halostation (all sporadically)
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None that I know of
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    Allegations regarding misconduct in discord DMs.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    I do not have the screenshots anymore, as I no longer have the information regarding the reporting player's account nor the original screenshots taken on a separate PC, but I did submit a full DM log in the form of screenshots to a staff member following the closing of the linked ban appeal above. If information is provided for me to get the unedited logs, I'll provide the information needed to clear my name should it be necessary.

In regards to the actual punishment and the lessons learned, I don't know how else to describe the situation as nothing more than just being a misunderstanding that blew out of proportion. I apologized to the player to my knowledge, as well as sending a screenshot as proof, and kept out and away from the scene and community following the actions taken. The appeal linked shows that the proof used to deny the appeal was not posted for my 'safety' but after the appeal was closed, I was actually able to be presented the singular screenshot in question. It was just the first couple messages of our DMs and was just supposed to be a follow-up joke/bit that obviously didn't land.

I know to be more careful now with who I joke around with and to make sure they are actually comfortable. I don't wish to make anyone else uncomfortable, nor to approach anyone in a similar fashion. I know that the three servers linked *really* don't help my case but I swear I am not a furry and that it was a bit. You may refer to Halostation staff, who conducted their own investigation on the matter as I was an admin there at the time.

I mainly just want the appeal to put an 'official' end to that stint of my life. It is nothing I am proud of and something that bothers me to this day considering the ramifications it had. I've long apologized to the parties involved and I do not want to drag them back in. Sorry if this comes off as some kind of dramatic post, again just not sure how to talk about something like this.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal has not been assigned for review, but instead denied on the grounds that the original ban was set as unappealable by management/heads.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: