Date of Incident
    October 1, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Hunter Stanford / LU-XXX-R6
    Their BYOND Key
    JarekTheRaptor
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    2:15 P.M Central US, October 1st, 2022.
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    1. Abuse of moderator/admin powers
    Description of the incident
    Jarek spawned in playing Jordan "Raptor" Cross as a survivor, and I also spawned playing Hunter Stanford as a survivor. Both of us were later killed by xenos, and, regrettably, I didn't see how Jarek was killed, but I do know he believed it to be utterly unfair out of his reaction in deadchat, saying that he was going to ahelp about the situation.
    Time moves on and I respawn as a xeno, die to a HEDP, and then see while observing Jordan 'Raptor' Cross listed as an ERT member in the 'Observe' panel.

They seemingly had spawned themself in as one of the 'Elite Mercenary' ERT members or something of the sort, and had been helping the marines on the back and frontlines with the mercenary armor and an NSG PMC rifle.
    I'd later learn in deadchat near the roundend from Jarek themself that they had respawned themself 'as a survivor' because he wanted to. This response only came when confronted with complaints from other players in deadchat.

Jarek also said in deadchat, assumedly in an attempt to justify giving himself a very seemingly free respawn to play the game, (which, I hope I don't have to make clear seems very unfair to the xeno players who killed him initially and myself who didn't get a respawn as survivor) that he had very little round impact and the incident didn't matter. Another play argued against that, stating that he was on the frontline, even helping to kill the Queen.

Another player made the comment that Jarek was upset he was found and killed the first time round as a survivor while hiding in the Colony Van, and just gave himself a free respawn, and quite honestly, that seems to me exactly what happened.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/VtMdETf

I only managed to grab this before roundend.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there.

I was present for when this happened and was not aware this was an issue until this report was made.

Yes, admins+ can, at their discretion, use a "free" respawn once per round as long as it is a minor role that does not affect the overall flow of the round, on either side.

In this particular case I saw Jarek respawn himself and were fine with it. The only thing he did not do right is that he should have spawned a new, random named NPC for themselves instead of recycling their old character, something that they remembered shortly after the original respawn.

As such I do not find any protocol was violated here.

Report denied, this was done with me being aware and with my permission.
    Senior Administrator