Date of Incident
    October 3, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Eric Overstreet
    Their BYOND Key
    Robotic Potato
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:20 server time
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I late joined as an MP exactly as a chemical ERT signal was sent. I notified others in MP comms to cooperate with the PMC's. Seeing this, Connor Anderson decided to make a joke about it, saying I called them.
    At first, I shrug it off, but then decide to play along with it and make extremely unfounded threats (threatening to follow Anderson home and kill his dog; saying a random made-up address and asking if that's where he lived; claiming that the Company was coming to get me) across the entire ordeal. After that, he tried to get the conversation recorded so he could show it to the CMP, which I absolutely knew and still decided to play along with. This led to a chase, wherein (if I recall) I was the first to take my taser out and started firing and either intentionally missing or randomly missing, which made Anderson whip his out. We both hit the same amount of shots and both ended up on the ground. However, Connor Anderson had help from Murphy Major, so eventually, I was bound and tied to a chair in the maintenance torture room next to the old portable tcomms room. A mock-interrogation happened, where the CMP was also called. I never admitted to any guilt or charge, denying them. Anderson wanted to keep the RP going, telling Murphy to not flash me (as I was trying to resist out of the chair). Eventually I did and ran away, gearing up and grabbing some more gear from the brig to help me against Anderson (I was going to tase him to grab my ballistic goggles back, which he had taken as he knew they meant a lot to my character). After that, I went to track him down so I could get them. This led to the so-called shootout. I didn't shoot or harm anyone but I tased Anderson a couple of times, after which I was tied up and resuscitated, however I had gone DNR.

I am not trying to give more blame to Anderson, as I know him, I consented to the RP scenario, and I found it enjoyable, but I do not think that it is worth noting. I was not "antagonistic" and I did not "give out threats" as I did not mock-antagonize anyone except Anderson, and I never "threatened" anyone except Anderson, who consented to both. No one else was affected until the very end, where a crowd shot me. Neither party ahelped about it. It was just irritated d-chat enjoyers who were yelling about "improper escalation", probably due to the stereotypical MP hate most players feel.
    Evidence
    All in the logs
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connor Anderson here, the other MP involved in the RP scenario.

Just as Eric Overstreet joined as MP, the USCSS Royce sent out a chemical ERT to deal with research finding DNA-Disintegrating; as usual. I decided to "encourage" a RP scenario by lowkey accusing Eric Overstreet of working for Weyland-Yutani, due to his sudden appearance as the Royce sent a team and his defense of the W-Y operation as I suggested we get prepared for code blue and he insisted we should cooperate.

Later when near research he ended up whispering a threat to me, which I used to convince Murphy Major (another MP) with to assist me in silently taking Eric Overstreet down and interrogating him. We found him in medbay where he failed to take the bait, whispering some more lowkey threats this time around.

I bluffed and said that I have it on record and I'm going to send it to CMP (whispers don't register on universal recorders) and then baited him into a chase after which Murphy and me managed to take him down. (I gave him a few opportunities to get up to extend the RP scenario.) He shouted a 'activation phrase' into general comms as we moved him to the next area.

We took him to the budget interrogation room south of Alamo (the one with the CLF uniform) where we asked him a few things. We decided to put on a CLF uniform on him then call in the CMP and paint him as a CLF spy, given his threats to us; or me, rather.

The CMP played along more or less before I noticed Murphy constantly flashing Eric to stop him from getting out of cuffs. I asked her to stop doing that because its not like its possible for someone to get out of cuffs (Done so he has an opportunity to escape and cause more fun RP).

He managed to escape before I started using his M44 revolver against him (shooting to miss dramatically). I found him near brig later where I opened fire on him after he tried to stun me. He was killed there by the CIC crew after I called him out as a spy.

To finish up, I'm very careful with people I engage in conflict RP with like this. I started this because I believed that Eric Overstreet and Murphy Major had the capacity and roleplay capability to cause something interesting here. While this was technically against marine law I am confident that everyone involved enjoyed the scenario, and that under those circumstances situations like this should not result in any OOC punishments.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Encouraging roleplay is a great idea, and one I support. That said, this was a situation that got people killed for nothing, and went against the rules around RP expectations and limitations for Military Police.
    In this case I was there for at least part of it so I know a deal of what went on, however you have not said anything about Robotic Potato's involvement in this beyond 'I do not think that it is worth noting'. The note in question reads "As MP fed into a rumor he was a spy and gave out threats to other players. Culiminated in a shootout right before hijack, and while he never attacked anyone aside with his taser, was warned to be careful when acting antagonistic, especially as an MP." which is a well written and perfectly acceptable note for the situation.
    You took a risk to RP a situation, and had it not ended in a firefight I don't think there would have been as much of a response. While true the blame is not on you entirely, I do not see this situation as one 'not worth noting'.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001