Aceluke123

CM Character?
    Alex Rossfield
    Synthetic : Lukas

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST (central standard)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20 to 30 I believe

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes I was previous staff on CM. It was something special

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really. Like my old app said, i played paradise a long time ago

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:

Putting a link here cuz it was required?
    Why is this question repeated?
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18114

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Not staff anywhere. So sad

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Never

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    2016-11-21 20:47:31 -- keroman -- Banned for 4320 minutes - Did 120 burn damage to someone who only took his ID off of him, didn't attack or anything else. You know better than this, come back in three days.
    2017-03-30 02:06:04 -- jayfeather -- Banned for 6600 minutes - Metagaming as a changeling ghost. Looked for a particular corpse before last resorting to it. Ghost of Alex Rockwall (follow|body) salts, "I SHALL ROB YOU ARTHUR" even announced his intentions.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yeah, did so before and will do it again

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Well it depends on the situation. If the player did it accidentally then it would be rather obvious, and then left in character.
    If the player lit someone up and I couldnt find logs of proper escalation then i would have to check his notes and depending on his history note or ban depending on the severity of what he did that may have been a rulebreak

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Moderators cant really do much to handle whitelisted roles, so the best bet is to find out the situation and inform the player about the 'player report' section of the forums. if it's actual grief that all other staff online agree to a PM and question would be for the best.

Overall the predator is free to do anything so long as it isn't obvious and intentional grief that staff online can see.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Get a mentor on them or help them myself. It would probably be a new player if this situation occurs.

I can either guide them or link them to the wiki and quickstart guide.

A player is being very rude to you in admin help, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    As we are all volunteers a player cannot just ask for another staff member to take his ahelp. So he is stuck with me unless I have an emergency.
    Overall the player needs to remember that rule 3 is in effect on "don't be a dick" and he would have to try to remain calm and cordial or he will receive a note or ban if he does not stop. Though I would personally mute him from ahelp PMs if he has no history of bad behavior

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Well I remember apop would always call marines John Doe, so first I'd check to see if apop is back as host and renaming players again.

If not then I would check their notes for a history of this name being used.
    If not I would PM him about the situation and ask him to change it next round or ask him what name he wants and if there is an admin online, get it changed now.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I don't really do anything, but if I'm free I can follow him around and check if he is doing anything suspicious. It is odd but I may have gotten back and an alien is on the ship or something of the sort.

Best to check their notes and ensure this isn't a common occurrence and if they do anything bad I'll be able to have a full picture of what went on.

Overall this could be a multitude of things but it's all IC

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I don't do anything if what the survivor said is true.

I can check both players notes obviously first to check for anything similar happening previously.

I will ask what went on when they landed and the situation that led to the marine being attacked, but survivors are fully allowed to act hostile to marines and pretend to be CLF/hostile when they first come down.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Well, that sounds like a pickle. This question is something that would require a lot of investigating and ensuring what each person says is true to make sure things are as they said.

Perhaps the marine attempted to escape arrest after their trespassing charge and it led to increasing timers and more. Though overall I will have to speak to the CMP/MP/Player/RO/CTs and figure out what went on since MPs are not allowed to break marine law and arrest unlawfully.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Queen mother, get an admin, talk to other staff to figure out what they believe is the best idea. Overall the marines would have to deploy so an SM would be for the best.

SM the captain "you believe you have a chance to take back the planet"
    If they won't deploy
    Queen Mother "You must head to the tallhost's ship to gather more hosts"

Something like that would work if it was an extended period of time before anything happened.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Get another staff member to handle it. I feel as though I may be too close to the situation and I would just give my advise on what happened so they can speak to the player about why they keep overdosing marines.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    It's allowed. In the rules you are only not allowed to friendly fire or EORG other players of the same team. So this is completely fine.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Roundstart shenanigans are frowned upon and treated as such. So this would deserve a checking of notes, and a PM and note if they did not stop their behavior.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would check their variables to see what exactly happened that led to the end result of the marines murder and then talk to both parties. I would need to ensure it was properly escalated to make sure this situation had to be handled by me at all.

If not escalated properly I would have to issue a note or ban depending on the situation and their previous notes

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    LOOC the group and inform them they have to ahelp before starting a mutiny
    From how this question is being stated, it seems as though the mutiny hasn't exactly started so informing them about the proper procedure before handing out bans would be for the best.
    Stopping and sleeping all the players would be a dumb move so ensuring proper protocol is followed would be the best idea.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform them that minor racism in character is fine. Check to ensure the player's using racist comments are not getting out of hand and note/ban if they are excessively doing racial remarks.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    7 day ban and file for perma.

This has the telltale signs of a griefer and from what I remember the usual idea is to perma them if they do this exact situation.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Talk to the player. Check their notes. Find out why they did as such and give a xeno ban for grief of the xeno side.

Larvae are important to the hive and having them suicide to the marines is not a wise move and can be considered grief.
    I would also talk to the queen because perhaps they ordered for a larva to die immediately. Odd situation but they can do it as queen.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Talk to them about their behavior as a xeno. While you can reference items as their actual name, "REEEEE"ing and going AYYLMAO in hivemind is against the rules.
    Point them at the rules and note them for bad RP standards. A ban would be definitely too far unless I see they have another note for this behavior.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is fine. It is within the roleplay standards to call a dropship a dropship because of the hivemind translation to xeno speech.
    I would inform the player this is fine and point him to the rules page as he might have forgotten it exactly states this scenario.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Check if there is an event going on
    If not: Talk to the player and have them re-send that mentioning and OOC inform marines not to use that knowledge to their advantage.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is within RP standards so long as they talked to each other first. Wordlessly murdering another marine is quite different from actually roleplaying trying to evac with another marine trying to get in their way.

This is RP worthy situation as I remembered it being an IC issue overall.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Get another staff member to handle it. If I am the only staff member then I would get on the discord and ask for another staff member to handle them after muting them in LOOC and Dchat.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Well he isnt protected from being infected while SSD. So I will have to inform him to get it removed on the ship. Tough luck for the marine.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform the staff member in msay about the correct information. if it is something critical to the round then PMing them may be an easier way to get their attention but if it doesnt end the world it should be fine to just tell them it nicely.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Get a higher up staff member/their manager, this is not my problem to handle fights between staff since it would just get me involved in the fight and since the one taking the ahelp took the ahelp then it is their situation to handle.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To ensure rules are followed and help the administration out.
    I liked being a moderator but it eventually killed my drive to play. I do hope I can help the staff team out with.

Yada yada yada, I want to be back on staff to keep the jerks out from the server and make things a more player friendly game.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being able to take a step back and remain calm in a situation that may get hectic. This game is frustrating and it is best to ensure you can take a backseat and not get amped up with salt or anger at what might be going on.

Anything else you
    I don't get this question. What does "Anything else you*" mean.

I will add here I would check notes of all parties closely involved while investigating each case, along with viewing the variables to ensure I get the full story before things go too far.

I feel I wrote too much but whatever. It's all how I remember moderating a few months back as the rules page hasn't changed too much.
    Last edited by Aceluke; 03-11-2019 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Spelling and syntax fixing

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you were a mod and I heard you were good and I had good interactions with you.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've talked to you multiple times about this, since you retired as a Senior mod in good standing, I don't know why you had to apply again.

But anyway I have no issues with you resuming your duties.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy another smelly. Welcome back aceluke +1
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic Adralimas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no problems with this, Welcome back! +1!

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See above replys
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    will be happy to see you back in team

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure why not, you know the gist of it all
    +1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck yes +1