Date of Incident
    October 4, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Mature Spitter VD-907-V

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Lagomorphica

Accused Character Name
    Lucy

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7:25 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Self-preservation as Synthetic

Description of the incident:
    FOB siege, Marines were pushed back early on from the cave to LZ2, the LZ was poorly secured and marines were still working on it. I saw a breach on the right side of the Landing pad that lead directly to the Dropship. The synthetic was working on fixing it, and I started to harass them by pushing the non-secured cades, and spitting/spraying the synthetic to stun it, or push it when it's building. I kept doing for roughly 30 seconds until she died. The synthetic never made any attempt to pull back or build the cade away and unsecure to move them.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    n/a

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Here is a video of what occurred. It is slightly longer than others to provide context. I will additionally detail why I did what I did in multiple areas, and if asked, I may explain any action I performed over this entire video, if provided with a timestamp and a question.

My death itself was from a belief I had more HP - it is difficult to ascertain how much health you have as a synthetic once you reach crit. I likely should have pulled back once I entered crit, however, but I believed I had enough to build one more barricade. Additionally, I also could have pulled back, constructed a barricade, and moved it in to place - while slower, it is infinitely safer. However, I was also attempting to think of what specifically to do in this situation, given the general nature of the FOB, the fact I had just seen the queen down the road (although I could not hear her at any point past that), and the utter lack of marines we had at only 12:34 in to the round. Hindsight is, however, 20/20, and its live and learn - I am playing a synthetic, yes, but I am only human.

Assessing as well, the dropship had ONLY just arrived - it was still on cooldown. If any xenomorphs got in then the entire marine force was liable to be wiped, including myself. I will additionally mention at the time I had multiple marines around me, including a VC with a shotgun who killed you immediately after, also visible in the video at the very end.

I also could have built the cadeline behind the first and left it due to me having 50 metal, but in total I only had roughly 150 metal on the FOB from my guess, and a large amount of the FOB was near-indefensible against any major siege. This is not an excuse; simply that in hindsight I understand I could have done it better and will attempt to apply this in the future.

Here are additional photos of what you said after your death.
    While I admit I should not have told you to shut the fuck up, I am still disappointed in how immediately you came with the most passive-aggressive attitude I've ever seen.
    I will leave this in the hands of the council, whom I have already provided this evidence, and staff, who also likely already have this.

I will also leave my own personal opinions of this PR out of this.
    Have a nice day.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witness and lurker in vid here, it felt as if the synth prioritized fixing the fob even if it meant they would would get hurt, and possibly die in the process. However as they said i feel the situation was pretty bad for marines and it would have made sense for them to think that keeping the fob safe was their best chance of survival in the long term.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Victim: Mr Felon
    Accused: Lagomorphica
    Unrelated involved: Tactical_Man/(Elder Runner (JO-148-E))

Message me in Discord at Bizarro#0506 if you think I missed anything.

The logs of the synth being attacked at around 3:22 in the video, https://youtu.be/FKPS7UNshgU?t=202

Spoiler Spoiler:

Deadchat logs from MrFelon (Spitter) and Lucy (Lagomorphica):

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Boperator; 10-09-2022 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Removed logs involving death caused by crusher and queen as it was from the round previous to this. oops.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council discussed it, and they're not in favor of punishing the player over what they feel is a "Skill Issue." They had a chat with lagomorphica about what they could have done better, however dying while trying to build/secure a FOB is not a violation of the guidelines. Just because a Synth dies, doesn't mean it's automatically a self-preservation guideline issue.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids