User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CastorTroy23 - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

Won't lie, I did NOT expect you to ever apply for Synth, you never seemed the type interested but surprise, an awesome app with an awesome player is applying.

I can definitely vouch for your medical skills, hard to get 200+ hours unnoticed but I've never seen you play the other 3 support roles. But others have vouched your competence, plus you've played the game long enough to know the ins and outs of the roles.

I would like to see you play Requisitions just so I know how you can handle Marines demanding 50 items (just so they can die within 3 minutes) from the Req line but that's about it really. Maybe play Engi more within FOB because you'll most likely be helping the defenses rather than running with the Marines to the front.

Otherwise I'll put my trust in the others and their vouches to your skills so you get a +1 from me and I wish the best of luck to your app!
    (better join the Discord and have the blue name to show off!!)

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 good app and player
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Castor aka Spear is one of the few players that can handle multiple roles, be competent at them, and multitask while performing them. Whether that may be medical, command, engineering, and requisitions which to be fair, is comically easy.

His ability to roleplay speaks for itself. Always sticking to the character he's actively playing in a round, never going out of universe, and at times funny with the stuff he comes up with. Hanging out with him both OOC and IC has been a blast. Especially when it's a hell round against Chi or Hoc Queen and we're fighting off a hive of thirty. Point is, Spear is reliable and trustworthy with a whitelist.

I don't have synthetic, but I'd love to see Ronnie around.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you've got good community support and you know what you're talking about. I'm willing to +1, but I want to see your quirk roleplayed out well. It's an interesting idea and I think you could really take it somewhere.

Edit: Just wanted to add that when I got critted as a marine, Eric not only grabbed me, but also my gun, and when an IO tried stealing it he stopped them. This is some of the best medic gameplay I have ever seen, and I can quite surely say there's no medic I'd rather have treating me than Eric.
    Last edited by Fortelian; 10-23-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added anecdote
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howy Cwap itz Ewic Owahstweet gowin 4 swynth.

+1 for being a gamer. +2 for being relatively decent at most roles I see him in. +66 for like, almost killing me when I play xeno. Shame you don’t have 7 bajillion hours in req tho (it’s only menu navigation anyways). But at least I can say he doesn’t take 50 years defibbing me when I do die and get retrieved and I get pretty cool interactions and gameplay with Eric.

So overall I think the math adds up to a +69, hope you get synth gamer.

Oh I guess the synth story and personality is cool as well.
    Clegh Revendi, IA-Intel Core I7 8th gen
    El residente idiote or something, I dunno, I’m just gonna commit sudoku now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric is a very knowledgeable player in the game. I don't have too many experiences with the player, but I've seen many of his interactions in game and seen ZERO trouble come from him. I also REALLY love his synth story. I'm not WL'd for synth, but from a staff POV, he has my +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, your application is solid and your story is decent. Both are good coupled with the vouches you've received, and the personality is fantastic! You also have great support in regards to how efficient you are as a corpsman

However, there's something you can shed light on. As you know, self control, patience and tolerance are some key traits about Synthetic to avoid any emotional outbursts, even in high stress or frustrating situations.

There have been some concerns brought up with moments where you were perhaps frustrated, angry or otherwise being aggressive/passive aggressive to others. Would you like to address these concerns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    Hello, your application is solid and your story is decent. Both are good coupled with the vouches you've received, and the personality is fantastic! You also have great support in regards to how efficient you are as a corpsman

However, there's something you can shed light on. As you know, self control, patience and tolerance are some key traits about Synthetic to avoid any emotional outbursts, even in high stress or frustrating situations.

There have been some concerns brought up with moments where you were perhaps frustrated, angry or otherwise being aggressive/passive aggressive to others. Would you like to address these concerns?

Hello, thank you for (understandably) addressing these concerns!

First and foremost, I would like to say that Eric, my most active character, is just that: but a character. He very much behaves like a jarhead, making it easy to "let loose" at other people and slinging insults and orders at others.

Have I ever been frustrated in d-chat? Yes. But for five minutes minutes at most.

However, I know what self control is. I play other characters who are either much more contained or even nice and forgiving to a fault.

Ronnie is just another character.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor23 View Post
    Hello, thank you for (understandably) addressing these concerns!

First and foremost, I would like to say that Eric, my most active character, is just that: but a character. He very much behaves like a jarhead, making it easy to "let loose" at other people and slinging insults and orders at others.

Have I ever been frustrated in d-chat? Yes. But for five minutes minutes at most.

However, I know what self control is. I play other characters who are either much more contained or even nice and forgiving to a fault.

Ronnie is just another character.
    That's fantastic to hear!

With the entire application and your full record in mind, I have faith that you'll do great and uphold the standards of the whitelist

You can have my +1, looking forward to see Ronnie join the Almayer!

🦾🦾

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want this guy on the WL. Really any concerns I had with you have been squashed, and the entire WL seems to want you as well. Congrats on making it buddy. We'll get you set up.

This application is accepted.
    Synthetic Senator