Your Byond ID?
    Viperious

Your Character Name?
    Thomas 'Pounce' McMillen

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Schwann

Accused Character Name
    Yin

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:30am GMT+0

What rule(s) were broken:
    Whitelist Violation

Description of the incident:
    I was the XO and was with the CO and a large amount of marines attempting the Carson manouver on the Alamo on Solaris Ridge. After the CO died on the rear door of the alamo and it launched up to the Almayer, I was rushed back to the Normandy by a medic while in critical condition. Once we all boarded and the Normandy launched, I immediately announced over Command comms that the CiC staff were to initiate evacuation, Distress and SD. Yin, who had previously been sarcastic with the CO and was brigged for it. Yin then responded over comms saying that they couldn't call for distress or activate SD, and then proceeded to announce that marines were to defend north and south pods for evac and initiated evac, forcing me to waddle to the CiC and initiate SD myself and make the announcement, but by then it was too late. Yin then proceeded to act on their. So Yin effectively ignored the orders that I as the aCO had provided, and gave completely different orders, even though there were SOs in the CiC at the time that were capable of fulfilling those orders.

Additionaly a staff member has advised I make this report, and I was not aware that SD and Distress could no longer be sent simultaneously

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Don't have the logs becuase the logs of me giving the order over comms had just left the logs I could access when I went to get them.

https://gyazo.com/fb8819a043acdb73ceedc01cd002b31e Screenshot of the Yin announcement

How you would punish the accused:
    Up to the whitelist Council.
    Last edited by Viperious; 03-11-2019 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Added details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synthetic Council has been notified of this issue, and we will speak cohesively as a group on this shortly. As an interim solution, I've made an announcement regarding this event on Discord.

"Synthetics should be treating the activation of the SD like they would be treating it for driving the tank or flying CASEVAC weapons hot. Just don't do it, leave it to somebody else.
    This isn't an excuse to delegitimize Command staff, just politely inform them that it goes against your programming."

This is in-line with our other guidelines and principles we currently have. (//showthrea...and-Guidelines)

I'll keep you posted when us in the Synth council can discuss this further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Staff and Council reference, this report and //showthrea...e-3-and-Rule-4 are linked occurrences.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the staff member who marked the ahelp and due to it being a whitelist issue, advised viper to make a player report.

As for actually seeing the situation in general.
    I had died and was observing the round, i was overlooking CIC, which had several SOs, the Synth and some others inside.
    The XO had made his order about SD and at which point Yin, decided to go about their own prerogative, jump the chain of command and issue the order for marines to abandon ship, despite there being several SOs present at the time.
    Synthetics shouldn't be making orders like that, especially when there were several SOs there present all it does is undermine command and i feel this isn't something that Synthetics should be doing. It certainly didnt seem like the right thing to do at all and hampered efforts to defend the ship properly.

Whether Yin did this on purpose or whether this was an accident I am not sure.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Junior Member NewOriginalSchwann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I am the synthetic in question. I entered the CIC from the aft corridor after the hijack and after a fairly hectic round for myself. Most issues with that are being discussed in its threat, but an important fact remains that I was somewhat out of the loop due to being brigged (and having only general communications) and then having spent some amount of time writing a formal, logical complaint directed at the Commodore's arrest. Upon entering the CIC I realized the following facts were true:

-The Commodore had led a flanking maneuver and was KIA, presumably unrecoverable.
    -The XO, serving as the aCO, was stammering over the radio for an unknown reason and I did not have time to inquire as to why.
    -We were perhaps a matter of seconds from the dropship collision.
    -Marines, due to a lack of orders, were scattered throughout the ship. I knew delta marines were defending the southern evacuation point along with civilians.
    -The XO would want the following ordered: evacuation, distress, and self-destruct.
    -We could order EITHER distress or self-destruct.
    -I could not order the self-destruct as the synthetic.

This was an extremely high-stress environment. I was uncertain of the aCO's status due to his stammering over the radio and had no clue as to the relative strength of the marines aboard the vessel due to having been out of the loop for the past thirty-ish minutes. Opting to temporarily ignore the chat window due to the amount of information coming in (in retrospect, perhaps a mistake as I missed Commander McMillen's orders) I noticed that only one Lieutenant, Aaron Blackburn if my memory serves right, was near the communications console and seemed to be having a difficult time with it. Another Lieutenant was at the overwatch consoles and a third was in the armory desperately putting his equipment on. I entered the CO's box and Lt. Blackburn exited before I could say anything. This was either immediately before or immediately after the dropship's collision, I cannot recall. Had the environment been less stressful, had I had more time to think, or had my round been less hectic I would have called a Lieutenant over and instructed them to issue orders. I did not. In that moment, with only me at the console and the Staff Sergeant of delta squad screaming that they, their squad, and civilian staff were going to die (and delta squad members stating that they did not want to die) if evacuation was not called, I felt the best course of action for me to follow was to inform the crew of what I assumed to be command's intentions: all hands were to abandon ship and scuttle (i.e de-orbit) the Almayer. My ultimate intention was to preserve the lives of as many crew as possible by calling for a general evacuation and fortification order.

In retrospect, I should have informed a Lieutenant to make this announcement, or any announcement. I was operating under a great deal of stress with limited information, and attempted to make the best of a terrible situation. My intention was never to disrupt the chain of command or damage the legitimacy of command staff. I leave the ultimate decision regarding this up to the council, and hope logs that shed light upon this will be revealed promptly.
    A player with too many character names.

Also I play Yin, the synthetic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs from this incident:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so getting to this report. Obviously, a synth shouldn't be ignoring or overriding orders from command staff, the CO/aCO above all. That said, missing a message is far from unheard or the end of the world, it happens to us all. That's not even factoring in the fact time was limited and panic levels high. As such, since this was still a rule break but looks to be more accidental rather than intentional, Yin (Schwann) will just get a warning to make sure they don't override any ongoing orders before putting out their own. Resolved