Discord Username?
    riskfan#0339

CM Character?
    Quindal Bianl, (XY) as xenoprefix.

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-40

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Dont know if appeals for bans go here.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes, discord ban in the appealing phase AoRN

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, Goonstation for using the words "bitch" and "whore" and arguing about it with a admin (appealed), and Paradise for telling a cultist to do "what the man with lighting says"im not appealing that one as I find paradise dumb now.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Asleep the suspect and aheal all involved, send a dm to player asking why he did that and if hes new.

If he is new, then I will let him off with two staff notes, one on shooting up mps, and one for round start grief. I would unasleep him.

If he is not new, or a obvious smurf acc, I would temp ban for 12h to 24h depending on the damaged done to others.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Link him the player report forum subsection, im not qualified for whitelists

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Spawn in and try to help said player IC.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Give him a generic "im so sorry" response, and give him the staff report forum if he has a issue with how I moderate, and that if he really has to he can go on the discord and speak to a A+ Member.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Message player asking him to cryo and to change his name to something random, remind him on pop culture refrences in names.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would just spectate said MT for a few minutes to see if he is going to grief etc. If the player isnt then ill leave him alone to do his thing.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I check chatlogs, and this can go two paths:

1: Survivor was found to either be CLF agent, or actively declared it upon colony radio and to other marines, this invalidates the ahelp due to the fact that the survivor did what they said.

2: The marine was correct and it is found its a neutral survivor and they never gave out their intentions, player would be given a warning and let go, marine would be ahealed.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I check the arrest record for said player, I doubt they are being truthful because a MP doing that is a absurd claim but non the less.

If the player is correct, ill probably send a fax as some big wig on another ship request his release due to him having secret info or something.

If the player is incorrect, i just would say he did something permaable and just close the ahelp and mark it as IC.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Give the Aliens a ultimatium to kill them all or face the wrath if the QM. Probably would subtle message marines that there is only "4 Unknown organisms detected" and too "push towards them"

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Check if player is antag, if not asleep and ahelp on why, tempban or anote.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The player is CLF and was already hostile, mark as IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Anote the marine whos beating people up and mugging them for RP expectations.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    That is COMPLETLY unacceptable, just because someone punches you dosent authorize lethal force. Anote or Tempban

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Try to find the leader and tell them to ask me for permission next time, probably would allow them to go through with it if they have a reason and its not just "LE CaAPATAIN THE BAD"

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the 9 people involved not to make those jokes, it could be funny but its againist server rules.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Tempban and file for perma

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    ANOTE and Jobban request for chestburster and larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Anote for LRP and not following RP Expectations.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xenomorph language/hivethought is what they say in their language translated to english roughly, stuff like dropship wouldnt be lrp as xeno could probably figure out that "ships" carry "talls/humans" and it "drops" them off.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Unless its just speculation, anote/warning for rp standards and expectations violation.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would probably ANOTE, if there is NO other EVAC PODs that are usable I might just give a warning and try to teleport the other guy back and aheal him.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Honestly, as someone who has salted a few times over staff decisions over my time on SS13, I would just tell them to calm down and leave it at that.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I dont know if mods can do that. I probably would mark as IC issue and explain I cant fix the issue and he should of just went to the lz or tell other marines he could ssd and if so move him back to the LZ.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    tell them in MCHAT they didnt do it properly and offer them help with fixing the issue.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As a moderator, im not exactly a ruling authority on issues like this. I would probably ignore it or help to mediate the issue.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    There is a lack of moderators in the EST range IMO

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Accountability, Unbiasedness, and Kindness

Anything else you want to add?
    Please tell me in replies if this needs to be revoked due to the discord ban, ill gladly revoke it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick note, as of writing I do need to check if ive had any notes on my acc SB, ill either withdrawl if i have had a anote in the last 30 or if not just keep it up, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! As you do have a note in the last 30 days, and have a Discord ban appeal pending, I am going to have to close this out now. You may reapply 30 days after a successful ban appeal, so long as you have received no notes in that time period.
    Thank you for taking the time to apply and for your interest in the CM Mod team!