Discord Username?
    voice of democracy#7068

CM Character?
    Declan Bradford & Peyton Bradford

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Australian Western Standard Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, previously Staff in a wellknown FiveM community called DOJRP and OceansideRP

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No, not currently on SS13, although I have previously played on SS14 servers, but since moving to SS13 I fell inlove and haven't gone back.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Nil

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    No

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes from my experience in FiveM I know this a crucial thing.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would hope I could have prevented the situation in the first place, but in this case I would allow MPs to process him as to not interrupt the RP and then once he was jailed I would then remove him.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would get details from the player and let them know the process for reporting this to the Predator Whitelist Council either by player report or discord, I would also let them know I would also be reporting this to the Predator Whitelist Council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would spawn in either as a SEA or contact a Mentor to do so if they were willing, in the case that I spawned in, I would RP asking if it was their first deployment and such, showing them around and giving them a basic how to, I would also give them a link to the Guide in OOC, I would also notify their squad mates and ensure they knew that they were new.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    In this case, I would let them know that my decision was final on the matter but if they felt like I had done something wrong they could file a staff report on the forums, If I wasn't comfortable with the outcome and a Manager was ingame I would also request help, simply to de-escalate the situation.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would contact the player named John Doe and ensure he wasn't trying to play as someone else's character as this is a "common name" if not, personally I don't see the issue. I would like the player that ahelped know of the outcome aswell.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would contact the MT and let them know of the rules behind his role and let him know that until the security is higher he should be using armor or weapons, I would also link him the rules. If he was new I would do the same process as Q3.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would contact the survivor and let them know that the rules recently changed for survivors as they can no longer be hostile until a proper mechanic is implemented, I would give them a warning as per the request by ThesoldierLLJK

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would respond to the ahelp and let the player know this was something he would have to roleplay out by contacting the Provost Office to be released if it was clearly a misunderstanding of the rules as technically he did violate Marine Law.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    In this case I would utilize fax machines and fax the CL firstly, RPing as WY and request that there be a uptick in productivity and need for more intel the would create a RP situation for the CL which he could attempt to encourage CIC if this didn't work I would fax CIC as HC them know an Inspector was coming aboard the ship to monitor productivity and proper operating procedure in hopes this would encourage them, obviously if this didn't work I could spawn in as an inspector if I were able to and create that RP dilemma.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would deal with this in RP by firstly getting mad and demanding they leave the area, I would treat the marines to the best of my ability and contact command and let them know of the situation, after that was dealt with I would check the players play time as Medical and if it were high I would contact them directly, if I had the evidence that proved he was doing it purposefully I would punish him accordingly.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would respond let the CLF player know they are a hostile force and this is within the Marines right to do, I would show them to the wiki and ask for them to read up on Faction relations.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would request the victim to contact onboard MPs to allow for that side of RP, once the MPs had detained the suspect I would then let them process him and warn him for the poor behavior and warn him to not do it again.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would explain to the Marine that he shouldn't just TK someone for assaulting him as this was against the rules, I would tell him if something like this happens he could contact MPs, I would warn him. I would then contact the other marine that punched him and tell him that he should be assaulting other marines as this was FailRP and I would warn him aswell.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would subtle message the leader and attempt to discourage him from doing this, if it went through I then punish him for it and let him know to read up on mutiny requirements.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would apologize to the reporter for the other players behavior and contact the Racist Marine and punish him to the full extent as per the latest Admin request, I would let him know that racism, sexism and ableism and things of the such are not allowed within CM.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would ban the players Byond profile and attempt a round restart. Apologizing to the entire server.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would contact the player and if new point them in the direction of the Xeno Guide, I would them recommend they wait for a Xeno respawn and try again.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would contact this XENO and tell them to roleplay to standard of MRP and discourage them to insult the queen as this goes against Xeno RP, if it continued I would punish them.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would let the reporting player know that sometimes people make mistakes and even though it were low roleplay it sometimes happen, I would then contact the other Xeno player and let them know that we were a MRP+ server and tell them that as a Xeno you don't have knowledge of human technology, I don't see a point in punishing this person though.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would contact the CIC player and tell them that they have no knowledge of Xeno on the planet before first sighting, I would say I hope they would have known better and point them in the direction of the Guide and request they read up on this, again like the question before this is a minor thing and I see no point in punishment.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would warn the marine, I would also explain to them that even though your character would want to live as per rules they can not just kill another marine as there are other available evac pods and not to let it happen again.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would contact the player and tell them to stop with the disrespect and improper use of LOOC, I would also notify them of the rules regarding Staff decisions and tell them that if they had an issue they could make a staff report or contact a Manager directly, if they continued I would punish them.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would let them know that unfortunately there was nothing I could do as this all happened in RP and would encourage him to go SSD in a safe location next time if he wanted to avoid it happening again.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it were simply an issue of incorrect information I would attempt to contact the staff member and let them know of their mistake if it were incorrectly enforcing the rules I would also contact them, but also contact a Manager to let them know of the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would attempt to de-escalate and remind the staff they could submit a Staff Report if they felt it was a major issue. I would also contact a Manager and let them know of the situation.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love this community and I feel I could use my previous experience as Staff in FiveM to greatly improve peoples experience, I also feel that delivering great quality roleplay as a Staff member it gives me an opportunity to set a great example for other players.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Encouragement, I think that above all else a Staff Member should have the ability to encourage others to improve and succeed.

Anything else you want to add?
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to withdraw my application please.