Discord Username?
    anclandor

CM Character?
    Tori Wetsel

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    5-6

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    mentor on CM

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TG station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I can remember

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    3 day ban from tgstation, 2021-11-26: “Killed multiple people with a double e-sword on a Manuel lowpop round. Said they did this because there weren't admins on and they wanted to provide some kind of threat. This is not a valid reason. Please do not do this in the future or play on our servers where murderboning is permitted.” (I have not gotten any bans or notes on tg since)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would PM him and ask him why he shot the guy, and generally investigate it. I would look at whether he shot the marine multiple times or only once. Depending on what I found, I would either warn him to not do it again, or ban him for griefing.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would tell them that I have no jurisdiction over WL rule enforcement and that they should make a player report on the forums so the predator council can look into it, and I would provide them a link to the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would go in mentorchat and ask for an SEA to come take care of the pvt. If that wouldn’t work I would ask another staff member to send me in as an SEA to teach them, or subtle message some MPs to help the new player, as they commonly help pvts when no SEA is available.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell them that all staff can see my PMs to them and that if they wanted to intervene, they would. I would tell them to please calm down and possibly increase the punishment depending on the severity of their conduct. I would also tell them that if they disagree with my handling they can make a staff report on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player, tell them they need to change their name, and ask them what name they want. I would then change their name and tell them that I have changed their name for the round, but they will need to change it for the next round. Depending on their playtime I would note them for violating the naming policy.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If they are being very lrp or griefing, I would possibly intervene, but as a general rule, that is an IC issue for mps to handle. Things like that are why mps exist.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM the survivor and tell them that unless they spawn as upp or clf survivors they are subject to normal escalation rules and cannot be hostile. I would either warn and note them or ban them depending on note history.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the arresting/processing mp what charges they applied and why. Trespassing and theft are only 17.5 minutes, and even with resisting arrest, minor DGP, and major disorderly conduct it's only a 50 minute sentence. If the mp cannot provide solid reasoning for why they permabrigged the marine, I would note them and tell them to put the prisoner in normal brig and give them the timer they should have minus the time they have already served.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    For one, I would see if any admin+ was online who could use their increased powers to handle the situation better than I could. I would do a QM announcement telling the xenos to hijack and attack the marines, saying that they are performing a glorious attack that will cripple the almayer even if they do not succeed in killing all the marines.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would first try and talk it out icly, however if that is not possible I would ask another staff member to investigate (I cannot handle a situation I am involved in) and/or escalate icly to eliminate the threat to my patients.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform them that it is not against the rules for hostile factions to continue combat after the round ends.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would PM the marine and ask him what they think they are doing. They would be breaking rule 2 - no major shenanigans at roundstart, improperly escalating, and depending on the equipment they are stealing, greifing. I would warn them and apply either a ban or a not depending on the severity of their offense and their note history.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would ask more questions to the marine and the murderer and look in the logs to see what happened with escalation. If the murderer jumped to shooting the marine after the marine punched him once, I would heavily warn them for IE and apply a temp ban. If the fight was properly escalated, I would do nothing. If it was somewhere in the middle, I would apply a note and warning to the murderer.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would PM the head mutineer and ask them why they are mutinying. If I approved of the reason I would warn them and apply a note about the incident, then allow the mutiny to go on. If I did not approve of the mutiny I would use looc or mooc to order the mutineers to disband and apply a much more serious warning and note to the head mutineer, or possibly a ban depending on history.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would warn the people who made the comments not to do so in the future.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal the marines and apply a permaban for griefing and logging out to the griefing player.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM them and ask them what they thought they were doing. Look at their playtimes to see if they are bald or if they are a marine main who may be griefing. Inform them that frontlining as a larva is against the rules and apply punishment based off what I learned, either a ban/xeno joban for griefing or a note and a firm warning.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM them and inform them that that’s lrp and violates rule 2, depending on note history either ban them for rule #2 or apply a note.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the ahelping player that hivemind chat and xeno speech is a translation of xeno communication into english, so calling items by their real names is not lrp.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would PM the command staff player and tell them that though marines know about the nature of the xenos, they are not aware that they are on the colony and that they are the reason for the distress signal until contact is made/evidence is discovered.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would consider it IC, because not only is it a reasonable action in the situation, it is supported by the exceptional circumstances clause of rule ten.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I PM them and tell them that becuase of rule 0.2 they must respect my ruling but that they can feel free to make a staff report if they disagree with my ruling. I would then link them to the forums.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue just because your ssd doesn’t mean you're safe. If you want to be safe you need to move to a safe area before going ssd.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would tell them what they did wrong so they could correct the mistake. If they fail to do so I would go through the appropriate channels to report them to their superiors.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would of course, put in my two cents in the discussion. If I disagreed with the final outcome I would again appeal to their superiors, as being the lowest rank of staff I would be in no position to overrule their decision.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to be a moderator so that I could help the CM community by punishing bad faith behavior and eventually running events to foster roleplaying and fun on the server.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I think that the most important quality in a moderator is understanding the difference between bad faith and good faith play so that they can adjust the severity of their punishments accordingly.

Anything else you want to add?
    This question is compulsory.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! Thanks for your application.
    Before I get into an analysis of your answers and start giving my verdict I'd actually like to give two additional questions for you to answer.

Someone ahelps that they are being griefed by another player. Upon investigation it seems like they have been shot twice by a player who has 3 hours of total playtime and no prior notes. After PMing the player in question they tell you that they are new and have no idea what they are doing. What action would you take?

You notice a player running around with the name "Big Bernard" after PMing the player they say that they forgot to take their joke name off and will change it next round. The player is a regular of CM and has a few notes about Griefing and Improper Escalation from about half a year ago. What action would you take?

If you could also please tell me why you would take a certain action that would be fantastic.
    As a little helping hand I'll give you a cheat sheet with ways a moderator usually ends up resolving a situation: File for permaban, Jobban, ban, note, handled ICly or no action taken.
    There are also some additional things you could do of course so please do tell if you end up doing anything besides taking one of the options mentioned above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post
    Someone ahelps that they are being griefed by another player. Upon investigation it seems like they have been shot twice by a player who has 3 hours of total playtime and no prior notes. After PMing the player in question they tell you that they are new and have no idea what they are doing. What action would you take?
    Given that they only shot one person, and only fired twice, which is non fatal I would believe them, as a greifer would not have stopped shooting and would have looked for other victims. It is some what odd that they have 3 hours and don’t know what they are doing still, but I guess they must have been alt tabbed, wandered around lost or have their hours in xeno (if xeno isn't timelocked. I know it wasn't when I started playing but it could be now). I would use mentor ooc to ask for an sea to teach them and if that was not possible I would either attempt to teach them myself (go teach them if I was a non limited or unimportant role shipside or ask a staff member with the permissions and authority to do so to allow me to respawn as sea if I was dead or observed) or I would subtle message an mp who wasn’t busy to teach them. Given that it’s odd that they had 3 hours and that they did shoot somebody I would apply a note and warning so that other staff would know that they did in fact know what they were doing if they repeated this behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post
    You notice a player running around with the name "Big Bernard" after PMing the player they say that they forgot to take their joke name off and will change it next round. The player is a regular of CM and has a few notes about Griefing and Improper Escalation from about half a year ago. What action would you take?
    I would not count the notes against them in this case because they were so long ago and not about violations of the naming policy or newspeak/memes ic. I would ask them why they had a joke name on at all, because it seems like if they forgot to change it they must have had it on previously. If they answer they did have it on last round I would warn them that they shouldn’t be using a name that violates our naming policy even for one round, and warn and note them for violating the naming policy. If they have a more satisfactory answer- maybe there was an event which relaxed the rp standards last round or the last time they played was April fools day- I would just tell them to change it. I would apply a light/lightly worded note just so other staff knew that he said he would change it this round in case he entered the next round with it. I would change their name to another name of their choice depending on whether mods actually have that power and how much interaction they had had with other players this round with the name - if they had talked to many people with that name, especially if they were in a command role, it may be more immersion breaking for me to change it than for me to leave it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see nothing wrong with this application. Your answers to Clarions questions were excellent. Overall good application- well thought out and good decisive answers. +1

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righto.
    Your answers were very good. Besides some minor stuff that you can't know until you really learn staff policy my only very minor concern was regarding when you applied notes. And by answering my questions real well you took away that concern in its entirety.
    If you're warning someone you should also be applying a note for administrative purposes, but it seems you have grasped that pretty well.

Besides that I do want to quickly touch on the important qualities you mention. I approve of taking stuff like good and bad faith into account in possible punishments but please don't get blinded by it. There will be people who have consistently shown good faith but also keep breaking the rules. There will also be people who seem to be doing stuff in bad faith while in reality they only give that impression because they are upset.
    Try to keep an open mind and stay fair, even if people seem like bad/good people.

Apart from that I don't have much to add. This seems like a solid application and I look forward to having you on the staff team! Big fat +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anclandor View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would PM him and ask him why he shot the guy, and generally investigate it. I would look at whether he shot the marine multiple times or only once. Depending on what I found, I would either warn him to not do it again, or ban him for griefing.
    Good answer.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would tell them that I have no jurisdiction over WL rule enforcement and that they should make a player report on the forums so the predator council can look into it, and I would provide them a link to the forums.
    Good answer.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would go in mentorchat and ask for an SEA to come take care of the pvt. If that wouldn’t work I would ask another staff member to send me in as an SEA to teach them, or subtle message some MPs to help the new player, as they commonly help pvts when no SEA is available.
    Good answer. Don't use subtle message for breaking immersion though.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell them that all staff can see my PMs to them and that if they wanted to intervene, they would. I would tell them to please calm down and possibly increase the punishment depending on the severity of their conduct. I would also tell them that if they disagree with my handling they can make a staff report on the forums.
    Good answer. Another staff member wouldn't intervene in your ticket unless you ask them though.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player, tell them they need to change their name, and ask them what name they want. I would then change their name and tell them that I have changed their name for the round, but they will need to change it for the next round. Depending on their playtime I would note them for violating the naming policy.
    Great answer.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If they are being very lrp or griefing, I would possibly intervene, but as a general rule, that is an IC issue for mps to handle. Things like that are why mps exist.
    Good answer.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM the survivor and tell them that unless they spawn as upp or clf survivors they are subject to normal escalation rules and cannot be hostile. I would either warn and note them or ban them depending on note history.
    Good answer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the arresting/processing mp what charges they applied and why. Trespassing and theft are only 17.5 minutes, and even with resisting arrest, minor DGP, and major disorderly conduct it's only a 50 minute sentence. If the mp cannot provide solid reasoning for why they permabrigged the marine, I would note them and tell them to put the prisoner in normal brig and give them the timer they should have minus the time they have already served.
    Decent answer. There's more investigation that you could do with witnesses. Also, it's the highest of the major + the highest of the minor + optional crimes; 50 minutes would be too much.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    For one, I would see if any admin+ was online who could use their increased powers to handle the situation better than I could. I would do a QM announcement telling the xenos to hijack and attack the marines, saying that they are performing a glorious attack that will cripple the almayer even if they do not succeed in killing all the marines.
    Good approach, I like it

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would first try and talk it out icly, however if that is not possible I would ask another staff member to investigate (I cannot handle a situation I am involved in) and/or escalate icly to eliminate the threat to my patients.
    Decent answer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform them that it is not against the rules for hostile factions to continue combat after the round ends.
    Pretty good answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would PM the marine and ask him what they think they are doing. They would be breaking rule 2 - no major shenanigans at roundstart, improperly escalating, and depending on the equipment they are stealing, greifing. I would warn them and apply either a ban or a not depending on the severity of their offense and their note history.
    Good answer but labelling someone disarming people as IE isn't right. Disarming is the lowest level of physical escalation, which would mean that the determining factor would be their RP reason, which would make it consideration for LRP and/or grief.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would ask more questions to the marine and the murderer and look in the logs to see what happened with escalation. If the murderer jumped to shooting the marine after the marine punched him once, I would heavily warn them for IE and apply a temp ban. If the fight was properly escalated, I would do nothing. If it was somewhere in the middle, I would apply a note and warning to the murderer.
    Good answer, bad resolution. You shouldn't be leaving escalation for this degree of rule violation. That means a normal warning. If you're applying a heavy warning, you also wouldn't be giving them a ban. Here's our escalation procedure: (verbal warning if they have no history or nothing recent >)* warn > heavy warning > 3 hour ban > 1 day > 3 days > 1 week > 1 month > request a permanent ban. *You should generally only consider leaving it as a verbal if it's something pretty minor. Shooting someone dead without rp isn't minor.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would PM the head mutineer and ask them why they are mutinying. If I approved of the reason I would warn them and apply a note about the incident, then allow the mutiny to go on. If I did not approve of the mutiny I would use looc or mooc to order the mutineers to disband and apply a much more serious warning and note to the head mutineer, or possibly a ban depending on history.
    Good answer, but it wouldn't hurt to ask other staff to step in and help.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would warn the people who made the comments not to do so in the future.
    Decent answer.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal the marines and apply a permaban for griefing and logging out to the griefing player.
    Decent answer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM them and ask them what they thought they were doing. Look at their playtimes to see if they are bald or if they are a marine main who may be griefing. Inform them that frontlining as a larva is against the rules and apply punishment based off what I learned, either a ban/xeno joban for griefing or a note and a firm warning.
    Good answer, bad resolution: while we normally take situations like these more seriously, that would mean that we usually note instead of leaving it as a verbal warning. Keep in mind that our current system should focus on behavioral improve and not flat-out punishments. Larva leaving hive to go to the frontline is a xeno roleplay violation. If you find out they did it with the intention of having a larva slot removed from the round, then you can apply heavier punishments.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen
    PM them and inform them that that’s lrp and violates rule 2, depending on note history either ban them for rule #2 or apply a note
    Decent answer.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the ahelping player that hivemind chat and xeno speech is a translation of xeno communication into english, so calling items by their real names is not lrp.
    Good answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would PM the command staff player and tell them that though marines know about the nature of the xenos, they are not aware that they are on the colony and that they are the reason for the distress signal until contact is made/evidence is discovered.
    Good answer.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would consider it IC, because not only is it a reasonable action in the situation, it is supported by the exceptional circumstances clause of rule ten.
    Good answer.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I PM them and tell them that becuase of rule 0.2 they must respect my ruling but that they can feel free to make a staff report if they disagree with my ruling. I would then link them to the forums.
    Good answer, but 0.2 also states that you don't have to tolerate this behavior.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue just because your ssd doesn’t mean you're safe. If you want to be safe you need to move to a safe area before going ssd.
    Decent answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would tell them what they did wrong so they could correct the mistake. If they fail to do so I would go through the appropriate channels to report them to their superiors.
    Good answer. Don't publicly embarrass the people you work with though. Inform their manager privately.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would of course, put in my two cents in the discussion. If I disagreed with the final outcome I would again appeal to their superiors, as being the lowest rank of staff I would be in no position to overrule their decision.
    Good answer.

Overall, you have a good application and have a firm understanding of our rules. I think you'd do well as a staff member and would love to see you on the team! Be sure to pay attention of how we communicate, handle, and interaction with community members. Other than that, +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Basically what the others said. +1

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Hope to see you on the staff team!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the john doe question you ALWAYS note them, even if they have 0.2h.

For the, killing someone cuz they punched them question, a 3h ban as a starting point before applying escalation is within protocol as well, so overall the resolution is decent enough imo.

For the mutiny question i would personally not reward marines for not following procedure and just shut it down as to not encourage this kind of behavior. That said if you want you may chose to approve it if you think it is the right call regardless.

For the racism question i want to printout that the minimum ban for it today is 7 days, if slurs are used. As such just a warning seems waay too far below the minimum to be ok.

For the mass greif question it becomes a permaban only if done on an alt or if there is a history of it, otherwise, bans tend to be around 1 week usually.

Overall while there are some mistakes in the question the answers are decent enough overall. Notably you seem to be a bit rusty on ML, and that is a bit disappointing to see in one of my mentors.

Regarding notes, while discord and forums are clean and you dont really seem to have any very recent notes, id like to hear your side about the note on 2022-07-20 19:52:57, as it does give me a bit of pause. i want to know what was your pov at the time, and also now if there is anything different.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post

Regarding notes, while discord and forums are clean and you dont really seem to have any very recent notes, id like to hear your side about the note on 2022-07-20 19:52:57, as it does give me a bit of pause. i want to know what was your pov at the time, and also now if there is anything different.
    The note for reference: (got fort to give it to me, nice guy)
    Attempted to hold the MP through targeting, instead ended up PBing their aSL. Was warned against the use of lethal interactions on MPs. Player was argumentative in PMs.

I at the time was of the opinion that targeting could be reasonably performed at a lower escalation level than lethal, because as opposed to just lighting someone up, it let them decide whether they want to escalate or not.
    Additionally, the reason for the situation was that MPs had arrested our SL because they thought it was hanger brief, not briefing brief, and missed briefing on accident. Alpha refused to leave the fob. Rather than attempt to negotiate, command deployed an MP to arrest the aSL - the beatings will continue until moral improves - The mp deploys and after minimal conversation goes over and stuns and grabs the aSL, and starts dragging to the ship. Marines start trying to disarm them. I try and target but misclick and PB the aSL because I was on harm intent. To be honest, I was pretty mad in the heat of the moment.
    The admin, of course, pmed me, because I had IEed and shot somebody. I tried to argue my point of view on targeting being less than legal, but (as it should have been) my server rule headcanon was rejected and the admin gave me the note and warning I now have. After some time to reflect I see that I was in the wrong and the rules don't just change when you want them too. If I want to change the way escalation policy works I need to go through the proper channels, not argue with the boots on the ground about the punishment I'm receiving.

Also well I am replying:
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    For the racism question i want to printout that the minimum ban for it today is 7 days, if slurs are used. As such just a warning seems waay too far below the minimum to be ok.
    Given that it said minor racism I figured it was just some relatively light jokes about stereotypes (IE. fat American jokes but not about a geopolitically dominant country) that made a person uncomfortable, not slurs.
    Last edited by Anclandor; 10-26-2022 at 10:48 PM.