Date of Incident
    October 20, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Marek Jackson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Ahana

Accused Character Name
    Laurencia Beck

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    23:30 Server Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3/4 and 11.

Description of the incident:
    I was placed in perma by Beck under the charge of sedition and some other stuff. In her own words by being helped by the marines to prevent my arrest, something I had not actually requested on the ship. She said this was a seditious riot, and that I was to blame. Safe to say this is an incorrect charge and abuse of her power and job as CMP, along with other shenanigans that had happened that round.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Someone is gonna need to pull logs, I didn't capture any myself

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the original staff member who handled the ticket this person made during the round. I told them I wouldn't be taking OOC action because Silencer_pl had spawned in as an investigator and was uncovering the situation. The round ultimately ended before any resolution could be taken, IC or OOC, so I told them they could make a PR with confirmation from my manager that they could
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also observing this whole ordeal in dchat and would like to add that by the time delta SL was being arrested the entire marine force had been fed up with Beck's bullshit.

The two major events were as follows:
    1. Beck had ordered her subordinate MP's to staff the checkpoints by briefing hall and blockade passage in order to stop and check for marine compliance with SOP. Arresting all who attempted to bypass.
    2. Beck would steal un-holstered marine equipment from marines and send it back to req.

I'm not going to give a play by play of the entire round (unless asked for specific parts) but essentially the Delta SL got singled out in a multi-squad marine attempt to prevent the arrest of a Charlie engineer who called out Beck over trying to arrest the Charlie SL for having an unsheathed machete (they had no room for a sheathe) in brief. At no point did the SL order his squad to intervene or attack the MP's he was just the unlucky senior marine targeted in a mob of players extremely tired with dealing with a CMP who constantly misuses the power of their position to go out of their way to ruin people's rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a part of this round as an Intelligence Officer, mainly an observer but I was present to stop beck from arresting the Delta SL on terrible charges. A few things to note.

1. Delta Squad Leader was being arrested for being in posession of a machete (a tool used for cutting vines mainly, hardly ever for combat) aboard the Dropship Alamo. They were ordered to holster it, and in a way to comply they put it in the APC for safe keeping until they deployed. After they did that, they entered the APC, grabbed the machete, and took it back to req. This is a violation of marine law as it is theft and they proceeded to attempt an arrest on the Delta Squad Leader despite them complying with their orders.
    2. Charlie Squad Leader was also near wordlessly (from what I could tell) arrested for holding a machete unholstered in the briefing room, majorly disrupting the current ongoing briefing the Commander (Executive Officer) was trying to hold.

EDIT: I neglected to mention that CMP Laurencia Beck fired an actual gun (unsure what kind but it wasn't a taser) as a Maintenance Technician I believe by the name of Cooter Davenport (CKey V3nturis I believe) for entering the brig while in a powerloader. This is second hand information, but due to several people mentioning it I believe it's credible and worthy of investigation. V3nturis attested that they only hit Beck after being shot at.

EDIT 2: V3nturis said they're unsure of what exactly went on since they only had brute from it apparently, but I figured it worth mentioning so that it can be properly investigated.
    Last edited by DexterDude; 10-20-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I recorded the whole round and divided it into two parts where we have the Beck incidents, both parts are in the #cm-screenshots-channel . We have CMPChase1.1 which is sped up by 6% so the video is by under 10 minutes, and CMPChase2 which is the Alamo part, but I believe is not related to the report or the incident in general.

https://streamable.com/q055gj video in question is this one. It's 9 minutes and 55 seconds in total, as I said before, it has been sped up by 6%.

I am not sure how to split this into time codes as Grim suggested before, but I can divide it into some sections.

From second 0 to 3:55 the major part of the group are situated in south alamo, in the major part, or pretty much the whole fragment of the video there's only dialogue occurring

After that, we move to lower medbay until 5:45 where shit starts going wild and the CMP starts tasing, trying to perform arrests, etc.

At 7:07 Marines move to north medbay only for then to move at medbay by itself in 7:39 where the MT with a powerloader gets in.

At 7:39 Some marines and the CMP get in Treatment Center and marines leave Medbay at 8:41

at 8:50 A second MP joins the fight, name is Rexanna Siegrist, a normal SGT MP

9:09 Marines and MP team starts moving to Tankbay

9:40 Marines successfully escape with the Delta SL and shortly after the Delta SG is arrested.

9:55 Video ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the MT (Cooter Davenport) that was part of the Beckscapade.

As stated above. I observed and followed Beck throughout the halls. At this point Beck had established that they were going to cause multiple issues for marines through malicious acts. I observed Beck order a SL to "Holster Their Machete" the SL initially protested, but realizing what they were up against agreed stating somethign along the lines of "Fuck it okay" They did not have aplace to holster the machete and stepped into the DS.

Beck then entered into the DS and stole the machete, running from the dropship while ordering the person be arrested. They then attempted to order me, multiple times, to take the machetes to req. I refused each time.

They then attempted to arrest the SL. MPs that were present are visibly exasperated. One stood helplessly by with his taser out, verbalizing that he had no clue what to do. Other MPs tried to stop beck multiple times. As previously quoted, marines decided that Beck was not performing her duties rightfully and proceeded with preventing the arrest. During the course of the gaggle, Beck unsurprisingly was not able to defeat the marines. My presumption is that they did not have adequate levels of robustness to counter the cohesion, and drive, of approximately 12-15 extremely pissed off marines, and one MT in a Power Loader.

After arrest, I did enter the brig and proceed to create a scene to draw atention to the problem. At this point, every MP was begging marines to stop because they did not wish to do what they were order but had no choice.

I cannot and wont claim that beck fired a weapon at me. I DO know that she drew her gun at me before I had done anything other than walk in and refuse to leave. I placed a crate down. I do not know if she shot me before, or after i had struck her with my power claw. Others believed i had been shot first, but I cant claim she did. It is possible, but should be reviewed first. I did place crates as a blockade between her and I so that we could discuss the issues.

I have attached a video supporting the first statements. I do believe that this was one of the most fun rounds I have played in quite some time.

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/635091f06b016400880f7d20

I am in the power loader. Prior to that I am the MT with the beard and Cigar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nturis View Post
    I am the MT (Cooter Davenport) that was part of the Beckscapade.

As stated above. I observed and followed Beck throughout the halls. At this point Beck had established that they were going to cause multiple issues for marines through malicious acts. I observed Beck order a SL to "Holster Their Machete" the SL initially protested, but realizing what they were up against agreed stating somethign along the lines of "Fuck it okay" They did not have aplace to holster the machete and stepped into the DS.

Beck then entered into the DS and stole the machete, running from the dropship while ordering the person be arrested. They then attempted to order me, multiple times, to take the machetes to req. I refused each time.

They then attempted to arrest the SL. MPs that were present are visibly exasperated. One stood helplessly by with his taser out, verbalizing that he had no clue what to do. Other MPs tried to stop beck multiple times. As previously quoted, marines decided that Beck was not performing her duties rightfully and proceeded with preventing the arrest. During the course of the gaggle, Beck unsurprisingly was not able to defeat the marines. My presumption is that they did not have adequate levels of robustness to counter the cohesion, and drive, of approximately 12-15 extremely pissed off marines, and one MT in a Power Loader.

After arrest, I did enter the brig and proceed to create a scene to draw atention to the problem. At this point, every MP was begging marines to stop because they did not wish to do what they were order but had no choice.

I cannot and wont claim that beck fired a weapon at me. I DO know that she drew her gun at me before I had done anything other than walk in and refuse to leave. I placed a crate down. I do not know if she shot me before, or after i had struck her with my power claw. Others believed i had been shot first, but I cant claim she did. It is possible, but should be reviewed first. I did place crates as a blockade between her and I so that we could discuss the issues.

I have attached a video supporting the first statements. I do believe that this was one of the most fun rounds I have played in quite some time.

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/635091f06b016400880f7d20

I am in the power loader. Prior to that I am the MT with the beard and Cigar.
    Apologies, I believe I was Al Borland, not Cooter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    They had plenty of time to shoot you, but nobody even shot at you once. We don't even know for sure if he was even talking to you. Guess we'll never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post

This contributes nothing to the discussion and doesn't exempt beck from the multiple rule breaks performed by them. That is the Delta SL, mid false arrest for stated above, being pissed at being falsely arrested.