User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahana - Rule 3/4 and 11.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was present for a good portion of this as SEA. I will say that things were far more civil than I expected, though the big things I noticed were Beck managing to antagonize not just the Marines but even her own MPs. after an incident outside Alamo I decided that, rather than let a shouting match between Beck and a cluster of Marines delay the round more (I think first drop was delayed at least 4 minutes, but as much as eight) or result in a string of arrests that would make things spiral out of control, I would tell anyone who wished to file a complaint against Beck to come to my office and I would get them a form to fax in. Before everyone dispersed I had a line of about seven or eight Marines, including two MPs and an MPC. About half of the MPs were asking for forms to complain about Beck. In the end I only got three of the forms back and faxed them before starting to write up a fax to the provost to explain the situation. Once I heard that Reed was on the ship I decided to deliver it to them in person instead. The "investigation" was an absolute nightmare with an MT in a power loader walking into perma, something happening that led to him being shot, and then the XO showed up to order Beck's arrest for NOD. After that the entire remainder of the round was a shouting match with Beck arguing in her defense against the arrest order, the MPs confused about what to do, and me trying desperately to relay what I knew.
    Eventually Beck and Reed pointed out that Beck was running the department more or less alone and I (frustrated with not being able to do more than hand over the reports and mostly being ignored/talked over) made what I admit was likely a mistake by snapping at Beck that the only reason her department was shorthanded was because half her subordinates were at my office filing reports with the Provost against her. I didn't say anything I meant to be insulting or disrespectful, but Beck didn't take it well and decided to have me ejected from the brig on threat of brigging for DASO, even invoking that I (ICly) shouldn't be violating ML as an SEA. After this I was frustrated enough with the situation to send the fax I showed Reed with the update that Beck had become increasingly antagonistic towards command staff and was preventing people involved from reporting on the situation, which I also relayed to the CO when they woke up.
    While I admit that snapping wasn't the best, I think it needs to be stated that Beck's actions during the round were pretty antagonistic, including interrupting an NJP to force her MPs to arrest the Marine they were issuing an NJP to, delaying first drop for a fairly protracted period of time over a machete, opening fire with lethals on the MT in the power loader (I don't know if they hit her or not, but the MT was bleeding from what I saw, so this could go either way), rejecting and trying to override an order for her own arrest, trying desperately to find any reason she could to arrest the XO in retaliation (not the first time I've seen her pull this stunt, in hindsight), and essentially try to intimidate and threaten anyone who tried to speak to Reed against her. By the point I finally got a word in I think everyone in the room was tired of the entire situation.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 10-21-2022 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Correcting sequence of events regarding XO/CMP argument
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sigh

Honestly, I doubt that I'd get in trouble in this report, but I don't mind getting banned from doing the job as written and in spirit. It probably doesn’t matter if I write something or not. I don't mind biting a bullet and take controversial stances, so I'll have fun writing for this statement!

Hello, I got mentioned here as an involved MP, so I guess I got to provide testimony and evidence to share. I late-joined. As I was moving towards the brig, I performed an arrest per the orders of Laurenica Beck (CMP). I quickly arrested the marine to prevent any interference and minimize resistance. The person did resist a little bit, but I decided not to press it. There were issues relating to the charges since they (CMP) stated another set of charges in police comms without context. After a minute or two in the brig, I just processed the person with the original arrest charge of DASO. After getting the warden to look over the inmates, I made my way to patrol on the lower deck. (I assume the warden was working on a fax that might be useful for this report.)

I do want to add a note. Although I joined late, I did hear interesting things over the radio. There was an IO that order the death of the CMP before saying it was a joke. They didn't say it was a joke on their own incentive. Someone had them clarify it, and they backed down by stating it was simply a joke. There was also another marine, whom I marked, screaming for the CMP's death. This person was pretty insistent about it. Neither of them got arrested (for this charge) to my knowledge. This happened when I joined and during processing. This defined the round as already Chaotic in my book.

Back to my testimony. On the lower deck, I came across what appeared to be a case of Major Interference in Medical. Tasers are being shot. Delta SL was marked for arrest. A bunch of shuffling and grabbling was going on. For some dumb reason, a power loader was being used. It seemed obvious in medbay that interference with an arrest was occurring. As I lacked flashbangs on my person, I just attempted to achieve the arrest marked (Delta SL) and mark those also involved. Those were my most effective tools.

I began assisting in minimizing the effect of the interference. It was obvious that the Delta SL was wanted for arrest since the screaming and arrest status via HUD (I think). At a certain point, I believed the Delta SL's arrest had been finalized. (Spoiler by the video. It wasn't) I attempt to pacify the rest. This was always going to fail due to the number of marines interfering and my lack of cuffs and tools on me. Strangely, a full roster of MPs was mostly missing. If I had a flashbang, I would have used it since this was, although non-lethal, it should be classified as riot with the intent to interfere with MP duties. In my opinion, the chain of command had been severed since these marines refused to deploy per orders and instead took part in interfering with arrests. Although, it does not fit the picture-perfect example of mutiny per server rules. It was a massive threat on the ship that was spiraling out of control. As it normally does! This is Sedition. When the XO arrived, they were able to pacify the marines near me. Under the "MPs must do everything in their power to prevent it (commands subversion)." I figure that I could delay their arrests to ensure command remains within control. Perhaps staff will decree that this wasn't a subversion of command, so this clause couldn't be used, but despite the Delta SL status does not affect the Major Interface by everyone involved as it does not care for Lawful or Unlawful arrests. It would mean both the Executive Officer and I broke Marine Law.

I suppose I'll review, my evidence, a lovely video shared by respectable members of the community that in my possession, as in I have the link to said video. This is evidence that I’m bridging to the table. I assume it will be accepted, since it is evidence of this round along with timestamps of everything witnessed by me. I'm really surprised that nobody timestamped the Marine Law breaches by the Delta SL during the CMPChase1.1 video. There is plenty to be arrested upon. I feel like doing this for fun since I have both evidence and time. (I’m also unsure about the time dilution and edits by the video prior to getting it)

This is the prior context of the video. I am going to assume, because it is important, that this occurred by the written statements of comments made on this player report thread. So, the Delta Squad Leader was told to stow away their machete. They threw it onto the APC’s floor. I'll add on to this later. Continuing the assumption, the CMP took it and brought it to requisition to be given to someone that would use it while complying to SoP. (Funnily enough, the Delta SL probably could have just asked req to drop it for him in a crate.) This is an important assumption to provide context before the video starts.

I also just want to state that it ought to be perfectly legal for anyone to take the machete under this assumption. The machete was left intentionally unintended inside a public and shared space. The machete was free game. As well, this is a transport APC, so it does have places to store it. This could be with the gunners special locker, or getting a sleeve to put it into the vendor. It just wasn't put into these place that could store it. Like pills on the floor, this could be a breach in SoP since the APC is still on the Almayer and not in a combat zone and not a squad prep. It is, assumingly, code Green. One could say it wasn't properly stowed. (FtFP) This is a gray area. The Transport APC hasn't been given the same ruling as prep rooms for equipment. To my knowledge, the CMP, unless overruled by the provost or WL CO, is permitted interrupt such events as such. This is the Spirit of Marine Law.

If this isn't the case, I would like an official ruling to be made (again if it had) and Marine Law/Standard Operation Procedure modified to prevent future issues over this

Even if the time's are incorrect, this is the chronological events by the video shown. Now, let's enjoy this cobble of a mess together, the salty parts of the community, the chill members, the cool MP mains, the devs who make everything happen, and all staff who deal with our constant bullshit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video: https://streamable.com/q055gj
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 0:00-0:06, CMP refers to an arrest and that someone should go to the brig. This is probably the Delta SL. At similar time, the Delta SL called the CMP a "thief". The CMP didn't press it and walked off with a machete. Based on the above assumption, the machete from the APC.

Another marine calls the CMP, a “pig”. This begins near the dropship in view of everyone inside near the rear.

At 0:12-0:23, the Delta SL states their ill intent to someone. Assumingly, it is the CMP. This showcases their want to kill, but so far their resistance to do so far.

0:18 - 1:16, A bunch of complaints are leveled against the CMP to regular MPs. It seemed the MPs were trying to get a sense of the situation. There is talks of a gun being taken as well in the video, but this isn't a highlight of the video of that. Something is stated about a Smartgun also being taken, but this is not shown either.

SEA also says others can join him in his office to fax HC/Provost. They will leave the scene at 2:14.

1:16, The CMP appears and again without a machete.

1:26, The CMP is called "a fucking thief" by the Delta SL. This is in front and pointing at the CMP. This is generally DASO, but I suppose in some context it might be valid. It is really gray, so it'd be up to interpretation by ML CoC.

1:55: A MT for whatever reason reports that MPs and CMP are south of the Alamo. I assume it will escalate the situation? I’m not going to mention them a lot, but they seemingly attempt to escalate it. They bring in a Ripley to attack later on.

Between 2:06-3:06, the Delta SL has a fucking machete again.

The Delta SL willfully accept the sleeveless machete from another marine. They were given the option to press 'Yes' or 'No' when voluntarily given the item. Despite it being gifted, it was still illegal to carry. They were warned prior to this. Instead of acting per SoP, they tried to argue with the CMP over a special gifted status (?). This is still FtFP. They willfully broke SoP despite, assumingly, a prior warning. They had attempted to justify it while doing it.

A Whitelisted Synth also accused the CMP of theft. I’m quite unsure if they were involved in the event based upon the recording up until this point. They entered the argument, but eventually stop. If the Delta SL is being lawfully or unlawfully being arrested, the Synth could have been committing Minor Interference. It could be stated that they delayed the arrest. It a grey case. They were not reported, so let forget this! They remain nearby, but they don't interfere anymore nor assist MPs to my knowledge in this video.

A third-party (recorder) made a race joke, and both the CMP and Delta Spec reply to it. No real issue from the Delta SL and CMP from it. Mentioned due it weirdness for log divers.

At 3:06 - 4:02, Delta Squad Leaders gives the machete to someone else, but that does not excuse Delta SL's crime. Not actively doing a crime does not forgive a crime done priorly. The CMP makes it clear to the nearby three other MPs that the Delta SL is to be arrested. The other MPs do not react.

4:02, the CMP takes action to pointed and told the Delta SL to halt. Multiple marines state their intention to interfere both verbally and non-verbally.

4:36, Delta Squad Leader states basically that they'll only go to brig in cuffed or.... It was cut off, so logs are needed. Around this time, marines continue to state their interference attention.

4:44, Delta SL calls the CMP a "Thief" again. Delta Spec performs DASO with "YOU DUMBASSS".

4:52-4:58, The Delta SL states, “I do not listen to a criminal of an MP.” This is Insubordination (or resisting arrest) and DASO, since they were ordered to talk in brig by the CMP. The Delta Spec begins to use their bag to stun the CMP. I believe, there is a slight stun when someone breaks out of a bag or locker. This could be considered Assault. (4:58) RPly, they're forcefully being stuffed into a bag against their will. Beck tells Delta Spec to stop. The Delta SL thanks the spec for doing that. This is aiding and abetting. Delta Leader is encouraging that behavior.

5:02, Delta Spec tries again but fails. Assumingly, the Chief MP took the bag used against them.

5:30 Assumingly, CMP attempts to perform a willing arrest, again, to de-escalate the situation created by the Delta SL and marines nearby. Others nearby accuse them of being a thief due to taking the spec bag, and these statements are repeated through the video.

5:38-5:44, Beck is forced to use a flash-bang due to interference. Delta Squad Leader declares, "I will kill you!" as he pulls out his gun. He moves close to Beck. She responds quickly by firing a taser to stun them. Delta Leader was also possibly stunned by the flash bang as it was near them before the camera moved away from it.

Note: This is an escalation to Lethal. Although, he failed in the attempt. It is a murder attempt, so the Capital Charge of Murder. Their intentions were pretty fuckin’ clear in the context of the entire video. They (Delta SL) stated priorly that he wanted to do it to someone (CMP). Assumingly, he chose not to carry it out later. Also note, he was mostly stunned throughout most of the video. They didn't get much choice in it later on. "It was a joke" has never been a good after defense. They pulled out a gun. Scream, "I'm going to kill you". Charged them. In a heated situation, that is enough evidence. As this is a ROLEPLAY server, this should be taken seriously by MPs.

5:45-6:21, the Arrest is interfered with by a party of marines. Beck seems to have almost successfully performed the arrest at the end of this period.

6:24, an MP, now MP#1, shrinks at their duty in ensuring lawful arrests occur and order is maintained, they go complain to Beck as a group of interfering marines get up to interfere again.

6:29 - 6:38 a flashbang is prepped by Beck who is being swarmed. For unknown reasons due to not being shown, it is thrown away from medbay.

6:54-6:58, Beck is being pulled away from Medical. MP #1 assumingly and shown later providing support but is untrained (or incompetent) to do so with a taser. They (MP #1) regained some of their honor.

7:00-7:35, Beck continues to attempts in arresting the Delta SL. Major Interference occurs by multiple parties. MT mentioned prior arrives with the Ripley to interfere. (7:25) it moves into medbay.

7:49, MP #1 attempts to cuff Delta SL. Delta SG interferes.

At around this time, MP #666 arrived. This is me. As you can see, medical is a fucking mess. It appears quite obvious an arrest occurred, but interference was on-going.

7:50 - 8:55, Interference prevented a successful arrest.

8:55-9:00, Interference to Delta SL's arrest interference was minimized by MP #666 (Me).

9:13-9:31, Beck manages to successfully fully grab the Delta SL. They make a run to brig.

9:31-9:55 Delta SL is freed by continued interference. They run off into the ship. Video ends.

Later in the round, I believe I saw Delta SL in perma brig. So, obviously they got arrested and processed later on.

MT (broke/got into brig twice after the video above) got arrested and processed by Beck on their second trespassing of Brig. Multiple MPs in the room just let them enter the brig with a Ripley. They ignored the CMP's orders, except I, to assist in stopping them. I moved the crates to allow others closer to finalize the arrest. Sadly, it seemed the duty was forced upon Beck despite it being a room filled with MPs.

Provost (Cass. Reed) arrived to talk about the situation. They saw the Ripley Incident and what came afterward. Immediately afterwards, the XO barges into the cramp room to order the CMP's arrest, while the CMP was talking to Provost's representee and handling the MT's. To be fair, some time earlier the XO ordered the CMP to provide a detailed list of arrests. I can confirmed that this was ordered, but they did not make sure the CMP had heard it. It a very chaotic round. They had a lot on their plate, and this wasn't a requirement of their position. This order, although lawful, are a lower priority. If they didn't read it, it wouldn't be insubordination since it requires willful action. What was wanted was a luxury. Provost > XO. Marine Law > XO. In a attempt to de-clutter the amount of MPs in that room, I tried to pull out the cadets for training. I was able to get one out of the two. Other MPs outside talked about how the Captain (XO) is on their side opposing the CMP. I spent the rest of my round training that one cadet.

Despite my late join, it was still pretty clear that round was cursed. Honestly, despite my disagreements with this policy, I thought this kind of shenanigans by the marines was a severe server violation. This very stupid situation that is literally using the first drop to avoid arrest by getting marines to interfere with MPs. This was a riot by Delta Leader that MPs, by this report, are being blamed for. It has all been recorded, so you can see who purely interfered with MPs and committed shenanigans that disrupted the round. A unlawful arrest by the Delta SL could have easily been delt with by staff instead of CHAOS.

As I submitted this, I started feeling ill, tired, and sick. I hope you can excuse any errors grammatically and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Yeah, I was pissed at being arrested over something so stupid and threw an empty threat. I spent most of the time when I was awake and standing trying to shove you or run away, I had 1 ND when I accidentally fat fingered E and pulled my shotgun. Even in the video above your comment I apologise for having said ND. Threatening to kill you isn't rule break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerone2 View Post
    This was a riot by Delta Leader that MPs, by this report, are being blamed for.
    Please point to the section of the video where I asked for help from marines shipside. I never "started a riot", I never spoke to marines asking for help in running from the CMP.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to point out that due to server rules a mutiny could not actually occur, I believe. The XO was making every effort they could to de-escalate the situation up until the argument in front of the provost. As I said in my fax to HC (which I can provide if requested) "the risk of a riot or even outright mutiny over her (Beck's) actions alone is extremely high" and that was written without knowledge of the medbay riot and should say a lot. At around 3:42 in the video Killerone2 posted above, you can see that I'd announced over comms for anyone with complaints to head down to my office based off how Marines were acting and most of them peeled off to line up outside my office before the riot itself. I'm mostly pointing out that moment because later on you can see the Charlie SL calling for help in the hangar and several more MPs and about half a dozen Marines show up to join the chaos about a while later. When the SL put out that call the entire line more or less disintegrated to assist either side of the riot.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 10-20-2022 at 01:56 PM.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexmaster View Post
    Threatening to kill you isn't rule break.
    You are incorrect. Threatening to break Marine Law is just as good as actually doing it. In this case, threatening and doing an action in failure is a written crime. "Attempt Murder - Attempting to murder a person but failing to do so. If the evidence shows that the arrested person was clearly trying to kill someone with ill intent but failed in the action itself." You had motive and ill intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexmaster View Post
    Please point to the section of the video where I asked for help from marines shipside. I never "started a riot", I never spoke to marines asking for help in running from the CMP.
    "Causing riots on the dropship over an arrest before first drop will be considered round start shenanigans and staff members will intervene with OOC punishments. You shouldn’t lynch a MP and risk your career because they are arresting a marine who has entered the dropship. If you are wanted and enter the dropship to try and avoid arrest you will be held accountable if issues arise with MPs."

Okay, this may now be currently unused, but to my knowledge this has still a rule. Sure. It didn't go lethal, but MPs were being interfered with. It was a non-lethal riot. It did disrupt the round a good bit. You didn't go exactly inside the dropship, but you were right next to it and it caused issues. In spirit, you did this since you were nearby. This could be used in-game, because nobody is dumb enough to think, "Delta SL had at no point involved with this." You were the Squad Leader of some (if not most) of those involved. You did not try to stop it or de-escalate. You let it occur. You are accountable for the situation you create by action.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before this PR turns into a 5 page forum thread.

A staff member is working on pulling logs for this case. Please stop discussing stuff in this thread.
    If you have a unique perspective or new information do please post it. If you are just going to discuss or post something akin to "Yes I was also there, and I also saw them do that." please do not do that.
    This is not a place for discussion, so please keep the rules regarding player reports in mind. //showthrea...er-Forum-Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerone2 View Post
    You are incorrect. Threatening to break Marine Law is just as good as actually doing it. In this case, threatening and doing an action in failure is a written crime. "Attempt Murder - Attempting to murder a person but failing to do so. If the evidence shows that the arrested person was clearly trying to kill someone with ill intent but failed in the action itself." You had motive and ill intent.

"Causing riots on the dropship over an arrest before first drop will be considered round start shenanigans and staff members will intervene with OOC punishments. You shouldn’t lynch a MP and risk your career because they are arresting a marine who has entered the dropship. If you are wanted and enter the dropship to try and avoid arrest you will be held accountable if issues arise with MPs."

Okay, this may now be currently unused, but to my knowledge this has still a rule. Sure. It didn't go lethal, but MPs were being interfered with. It was a non-lethal riot. It did disrupt the round a good bit. You didn't go exactly inside the dropship, but you were right next to it and it caused issues. In spirit, you did this since you were nearby. This could be used in-game, because nobody is dumb enough to think, "Delta SL had at no point involved with this." You were the Squad Leader of some (if not most) of those involved. You did not try to stop it or de-escalate. You let it occur. You are accountable for the situation you create by action.
    He did attempt to de-escalate. He went INTO the apc and set the machete down. He complied with the order to the best of his ability. Should he have walked all the way to req? He was not asked to walk all the way to req to return it. He could not holster it.

Beck went out of her way into the dropship. Into the APC, a relatively secluded location. She took the machete, ran away with it, and then attempted to order me to take it to req. This tounge wagging and rule mongering is exactly what is wrong. She could have walked away after he put the machete down INSIDE the apc. She could've accepted that but she didn't. She went and hard as she could and as far as she possibly could.

There is most definitely crimes that occurred. In the same manner, two things can be true. Crimes could've been committed, and Beck most certainly can be accused of not attempting to de-escalate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post
    Before this PR turns into a 5 page forum thread.

A staff member is working on pulling logs for this case. Please stop discussing stuff in this thread.
    If you have a unique perspective or new information do please post it. If you are just going to discuss or post something akin to "Yes I was also there, and I also saw them do that." please do not do that.
    This is not a place for discussion, so please keep the rules regarding player reports in mind. //showthrea...er-Forum-Rules
    Apologies, I didn't see this when I replied a second ago. I'll abstain from further commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone!

The logs for this are being pulled and will be posted, and the PR reviewed, as mentioned above the admin who handled the ahelp felt more in depth investigation was warranted, and IC intervention was to de-escalate and prevent further complication, and was not in response to the ahelp referenced by the posted of this report.

If you were present in the round reported and were involved or a first hand witness, you are welcome to post what happened from your point of view. I do ask to please leave anything from previous rounds or any information that is secondhand (you were not online for the round reported/were online but did not see things happen directly) out of this discussion so as not to complicate the issue.
    Thank you for your understanding!