User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: johnravioli - Moderator Application

  1. #1
    Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    johnravioli - Moderator Application

    Moderator Application

    Personal Information

    Byond ID
    johnravioli

    Discord Username?
    john ravioli#4574

    CM Character?
    Harry Howard, and for some time, Dick Trickson

    Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

    Timezone
    UTC-5 (EST)

    On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    About 15-20 hours, depends on my schedule for the week.

    Qualifications

    Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Several Serious half life 2 roleplay servers, among other things. No SS13 admin experience

    Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TGMC, for some fun when I get bored.

    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application | First predator application - WITHDRAWN

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application | Second predator application - DENIED

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application | Third predator application - DENIED

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application | Fourth predator application - ACCEPTED

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...-(Discord-Ban) | Banned for not listening to staff after posting gifs that harassed other members (they did allow me to post them, but it still stands) - DENIED

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...-(Discord-Ban) | Second discord ban appeal, me and Silencer talked it out in DMs about a month before and it was accepted. - ACCEPTED

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...er-Application CO app accepted

    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ht=johnravioli discord ban appeal Accepted

    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

    Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

    Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Banned off of Baystation 12 for saying the Hard R during a bar fight 2019, but I appealed it months later.

    Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

    Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

    Common Staff Situations

    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Well first off, I would have to check the offender's ckey, when he first joined the server, and etc. It would be a little more excusable if the offender was a new player, and it would just be straight up grief if the person was a long-time player.

    First, I would check the notes of the offender, and then start PMing them before issuing a note for their actions. Repeat offenses I would escalate into either more notes or short bans.

    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell them that it simply isn't my problem and direct them to the whitelist council. It's true, I cannot do anything because it isn't in my jurisdiction.

    You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I am no mentor, but I will be willing to help this new player who might be confused at what he's looking at. I would DM the player, and talk to them while also getting a SEA or mentor to get on and help the person learn the game and have fun.

    A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Personally, I wouldn't give two shits on what they say to me, but I will ask in the admin chat (if there is one) if there is a admin+ that wants to assist me in this ahelp. If not, I would just carry on and say "There are no admins to help you right now, so I will carry on this ahelp." Just follow through with my ruling and close after whatever it takes.

    A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I am actually guilty of this several times, but I have since then stopped.

    I would begin interaction with the player after being notified, talking to them about how their name is not allowed. I would give them 2 options, either make up a new name or I will give them a name of my choosing. After this, just slap them with a note, escalate to a short ban if it is a repeat offense.

    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is a simple IC issue that isn't in my jurisdiction to handle. I wouldn't even investigate it at all, and let it go.

    A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Well, I can recall that there was a small test regarding hostile survivors, but as of now, it is only allowed with admin permission. Apply a note to the survivor, aheal the marine and then let it resolve itself ICLY. Apply a jobban for the survivor if its a repeat offense.

    You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would probably have to start an investigation to see when and how the player was arrested, and on what grounds he was arrested. If the only reason he was arrested was entering and taking the attachment, I would have to make the MP release the player, as you trespass and theft are minor crimes, and not capital crimes (the law breaks you can actually permanently confine people for).
    I will talk to the MP about enforcing the law, and apply a note if needed. Consider a job ban if note history shows it as a repeat offense.

    The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    First I would look at the issue and immediately open the queen mother say menu, then type in some words of "encouragement" to get the Xenos to do their job.

    Something along the lines of..
    "Do not bring shame to your hive, go fight or there will be severe consequences."

    They would have to listen anyway, so it is a good way to get things moving.

    I would also subtle message the person leading the operation to tell them about how you feel there is a low amount of xenomorphs, and you could easily win this operation and take victory.

    You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I don't know if I am allowed to directly handle something I'm directly involved in, so I just say in the admin chat, or whatever it is, that there is a guy griefing like this. Then I would just go back to dealing with it ICly, try to diffuse the situation. Hopefully another staff member chimes in and deals with it.

    The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell them that it isn't against the rules for enemy factions to fight even after the round has ended.

    A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This may be considered griefing, but I would take it as a IC issue, but alerting the MPs via the ARES menu that there is a man committing crimes, and send them after him.

    You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Well, I would have to continue the PMs with the murderer, and bringing up the escalation procedure, give him a quick run down of those rules, and then give him a warning to not do it again. This includes noting him, and then checking his notes to see if it isn't a repeat offense. If it is, I would sadly have to give him a short 3 hour ban for improper escalation.

    You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Use MOOC to tell them to stop or I will be dishing out punishments, I.E. a few bans.

    There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    First, I would investigate the accusations by checking the chat log / scroll up the chat and see what the accused said. Then I would PM them and talk to them about it. Then I would have to slap a note. If this was a repeat offense, I would have to apply a ban on the person.

    A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    No questions ask, ban them immediately because this is just unjustified grief. Afterwards, I would rejuvenate the dead marines and injured. If I don't have aheal permissions as a moderator, I would have simply asked a higher ranking staff member online to do that task for me.

    You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Well, I have actually witnessed and accidentally done this many times.

    What I would do first is PM them, and ask them why they ran off towards the front. If it was just a genuine mistake I would just let it off as a verbal warning, tell them not to do it again, but if it was actually intentional, give them a note.

    You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    As pulled directly from Rule #2. "Spamming "Reeeee" and similar such behaviour in Hivemind or Local Chat is not allowed."

    Sadly, I would have to kill their fun, and start PMing them, TELLING them to stop and then noting them for low roleplay.

    A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd bring the player up to date on the rules, by explaining to them that Hivemind speak is just the english translation of what they're thinking. So, I would just dismiss the ahelp and say that it isn't low roleplay at all and is allowed under the rules.

    A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Well, I would close the marine's ahelp and then go on to PM the command staff player. I would tell them that they know about xenomorphs, but do not know that xenomorphs are on the planet. So I just give them a verbal warning to not do it again.

    You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    However you perceive this, this is under the exceptional circumstances section of the lethal force rule. If anyone ahelps about it, inform them about this and also tell them about how the pod breaks if more than 3 people are on. Close the ahelp afterwards.

    A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Note and warn them for their toxic behavior, and tell them to not do it again because it might get them into even more trouble.

    A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Not much I can do, besides tell him to go get surgery for it.

    You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I believe the admin should have a right to interpret the rule however they want, but if it is actually wrong, like WAAAY too wrong, I would just chime in and tell them, "Maybe you should recheck the rule, because I believe you just gave the wrong ruling."

    Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would probably say what I think about the situation, giving my input on it, etc. Then question the admin / mod / whatever manager to see if the staff member was right in his ruling.

    Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I have heard many times before from several veteran members of the community that the staff team is pretty understaffed for a game with about 150+ players.

    I, personally would like to help fill in to moderate this game which I sometimes do enjoy.

    Also because grimreaperx15 told me to.

    In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being dependable, staying cool under stress, and being a general role model for other players of the game.

    Anything else you want to add?
    I'm not racist like some people might lead you to believe, I am honestly a pretty chill and relaxed dude who just likes to shitpost. Besides that I can get the job done.
    Last edited by johnravioli; 10-20-2022 at 03:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Member DukeofCagliostro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1. John is a good guy.
    Archibald V. Cartwright
    Delta Pride World Wide

  3. #3
    Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers to the questions seem decent, but ill let someone else give you a full breakdown.

    You are well known in the community, and do seem to actually care about the moderation side of things as well.

    Given your recent DeWl, and the the general pattern in both discord notes and in game notes of repeatedly breaking the same rules over and over again. The issues have been persistent for a very long time with no real signs of improvement. For me, you have to stay note free for much longer than 1 month, as I feel that if there is an issue that comes up it will be not be addressed or worked on. I will however note that in general the rule breaches that have come up were not super major (in general, but there is an exception), and they seem to have been persistent enough they lead to multiple DeWLs too. I have a hard time with the idea that someone should be trusted enough to go in as Provost/HC, but not a CO or Pred.

    As such, based on this, I have to -1 at this time.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

  4. #4
    Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ito, thank you for your response.

    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    Given your recent DeWl, and the the general pattern in both discord notes and in game notes of repeatedly breaking the same rules over and over again. The issues have been persistent for a very long time with no real signs of improvement.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I am a better person than I was a month or two ago. I don't break rules, that just isn't funny to me anymore. I personally believe I am improving, but I don't think we share the same thoughts. I am up for anything to help me improve, but I believe that applying for moderator will reaffirm that I am not just making this app for a joke, I am serious about wanting to moderate this server.

    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    For me, you have to stay note free for much longer than 1 month, as I feel that if there is an issue that comes up it will be not be addressed or worked on. I will however note that in general the rule breaches that have come up were not super major (in general, but there is an exception), and they seem to have been persistent enough they lead to multiple DeWLs too. I have a hard time with the idea that someone should be trusted enough to go in as Provost/HC, but not a CO or Pred.

    As such, based on this, I have to -1 at this time.
    Let me explain what happened, basically none of my dewls had anything to do with me breaking any rules, except the first CO one. I had been discord banned for posting gifs that were targetting people. The gifs in question were actually allowed to be sent by the people whos names were in the caption. Sure, not listening to stop might have one reason of that why I was banned, but I appealed. That was almost a year ago. My CO dewhitelist was because I was acting stupid, just me being an immature person at the time. I had waited the days and appealed that as well. My second discord ban was because of me saying something about the predator whitelist, I was just being a moron there as well. The most recent was because I was shitposting about how I was going to ban people from certain countries and make everyone that applies to my clan take a IQ test.

    All of these are just rounded to me being a utter dumbass. Now, I have turned a new leaf, I no longer want to be associated with any of these things. Currently I am in the works of trying to get those back, but due to forest being changed to a head and there being a new whitelist person, I have no idea who to talk to. I can also reassure you that I can be trusted with these whitelist roles now. Overall, you can have your opinions on my application, and that's alright.

  5. #5
    Discord Manager MrDadMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've known you for a while, and you were the first person to welcome me into the predator WL and show me the fun you can have without being LRP and breaking rules. I also have seen that when you put yourself into gear, you can accomplish things in a serious manner and get shit done. Before I give a full detailed review of your application, I have some concerns I'd like to address.

    This seems really out of character for you. Normally you're the type to meme a lot and only concern yourself with having a good time rather than being weighed down with responsibilities. I'm sure many others are thinking the same. What convinced the sudden change? While it's true that we've seen fewer behavioral infractions on the server, I still see the same you on the discord. What can you do to make us think you won't use this role irresponsibly?
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  6. #6
    Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDadMan View Post
    This seems really out of character for you. Normally you're the type to meme a lot and only concern yourself with having a good time rather than being weighed down with responsibilities. I'm sure many others are thinking the same. What convinced the sudden change? While it's true that we've seen fewer behavioral infractions on the server, I still see the same you on the discord. What can you do to make us think you won't use this role irresponsibly?

    I had been thinking about applying for moderator for some time, but DKD told me he also was thinking the same so we both applied at roughly the same time. I've seen many rulebreakers lately and sometimes, but not all times, some moderators don't do a good job on dealing with the situation, so I just wanted to sign up for mod to help make sure we don't have a lot of folks breaking the rules.

    I believe I can't do much else than to reassure you that I won't abuse the power given to me, and not overstep my authority. I don't really abuse things anymore and I wouldn't grief a server just to have a kick out of it for a few seconds, it got old for me real quick.

  7. #7
    Discord Manager MrDadMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Well first off, I would have to check the offender's ckey, when he first joined the server, and etc. It would be a little more excusable if the offender was a new player, and it would just be straight up grief if the person was a long-time player.

    First, I would check the notes of the offender, and then start PMing them before issuing a note for their actions. Repeat offenses I would escalate into either more notes or short bans.
    Good answer. But it also could be an accident.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell them that it simply isn't my problem and direct them to the whitelist council. It's true, I cannot do anything because it isn't in my jurisdiction.
    Decent answer. Phrasing matters. Don't say "this isn't my problem," it comes off as hostile. Leave that part out.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I am no mentor, but I will be willing to help this new player who might be confused at what he's looking at. I would DM the player, and talk to them while also getting a SEA or mentor to get on and help the person learn the game and have fun.
    Good answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Personally, I wouldn't give two shits on what they say to me, but I will ask in the admin chat (if there is one) if there is a admin+ that wants to assist me in this ahelp. If not, I would just carry on and say "There are no admins to help you right now, so I will carry on this ahelp." Just follow through with my ruling and close after whatever it takes.
    Bad answer. Players don't have the right to decide who handles their ticket. The other staff are there to help you and it's okay to ask for help. But that shouldn't happen because a player demands it.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I am actually guilty of this several times, but I have since then stopped.

    I would begin interaction with the player after being notified, talking to them about how their name is not allowed. I would give them 2 options, either make up a new name or I will give them a name of my choosing. After this, just slap them with a note, escalate to a short ban if it is a repeat offense.
    Good answer. You don't always have to note if they don't know better.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is a simple IC issue that isn't in my jurisdiction to handle. I wouldn't even investigate it at all, and let it go.
    Decent answer. It wouldn't hurt to investigate.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Well, I can recall that there was a small test regarding hostile survivors, but as of now, it is only allowed with admin permission. Apply a note to the survivor, aheal the marine and then let it resolve itself ICLY. Apply a jobban for the survivor if its a repeat offense.
    Good take, good answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would probably have to start an investigation to see when and how the player was arrested, and on what grounds he was arrested. If the only reason he was arrested was entering and taking the attachment, I would have to make the MP release the player, as you trespass and theft are minor crimes, and not capital crimes (the law breaks you can actually permanently confine people for).
    I will talk to the MP about enforcing the law, and apply a note if needed. Consider a job ban if note history shows it as a repeat offense.
    Good answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    First I would look at the issue and immediately open the queen mother say menu, then type in some words of "encouragement" to get the Xenos to do their job.

    Something along the lines of..
    "Do not bring shame to your hive, go fight or there will be severe consequences."

    They would have to listen anyway, so it is a good way to get things moving.

    I would also subtle message the person leading the operation to tell them about how you feel there is a low amount of xenomorphs, and you could easily win this operation and take victory.
    Good take. Don't use SM or announcements to provide information that would benefit any side.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I don't know if I am allowed to directly handle something I'm directly involved in, so I just say in the admin chat, or whatever it is, that there is a guy griefing like this. Then I would just go back to dealing with it ICly, try to diffuse the situation. Hopefully another staff member chimes in and deals with it.
    Correct, good answer. You shouldn't handle situations you're even slightly involved in due to judgement bias. The only time you should step in is if it's an emergency and there's no other staff on/responding (griefer killing people).

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell them that it isn't against the rules for enemy factions to fight even after the round has ended.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This may be considered griefing, but I would take it as a IC issue, but alerting the MPs via the ARES menu that there is a man committing crimes, and send them after him.
    Decent answer, bad resolution. You should avoid IC intervene unless it's something that REALLY warrants the buttons. This can also be seen as roundstart shenanigans depending on what's happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Well, I would have to continue the PMs with the murderer, and bringing up the escalation procedure, give him a quick run down of those rules, and then give him a warning to not do it again. This includes noting him, and then checking his notes to see if it isn't a repeat offense. If it is, I would sadly have to give him a short 3 hour ban for improper escalation.
    Good answer. But even for IE, we provide a normal warning then a heavy warning.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Use MOOC to tell them to stop or I will be dishing out punishments, I.E. a few bans.
    Decent answer. You should call for help as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    First, I would investigate the accusations by checking the chat log / scroll up the chat and see what the accused said. Then I would PM them and talk to them about it. Then I would have to slap a note. If this was a repeat offense, I would have to apply a ban on the person.
    Good answer. Rule breaks are rule breaks even if the majority are laughing.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    No questions ask, ban them immediately because this is just unjustified grief. Afterwards, I would rejuvenate the dead marines and injured. If I don't have aheal permissions as a moderator, I would have simply asked a higher ranking staff member online to do that task for me.
    Good answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Well, I have actually witnessed and accidentally done this many times.

    What I would do first is PM them, and ask them why they ran off towards the front. If it was just a genuine mistake I would just let it off as a verbal warning, tell them not to do it again, but if it was actually intentional, give them a note.
    Decent answer. Larva should stay in the hive.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen
    As pulled directly from Rule #2. "Spamming "Reeeee" and similar such behaviour in Hivemind or Local Chat is not allowed."

    Sadly, I would have to kill their fun, and start PMing them, TELLING them to stop and then noting them for low roleplay.
    Good answer. We have higher expectations for xenos.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd bring the player up to date on the rules, by explaining to them that Hivemind speak is just the english translation of what they're thinking. So, I would just dismiss the ahelp and say that it isn't low roleplay at all and is allowed under the rules.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Well, I would close the marine's ahelp and then go on to PM the command staff player. I would tell them that they know about xenomorphs, but do not know that xenomorphs are on the planet. So I just give them a verbal warning to not do it again.
    Good approach, bad resolution. Command staff are held to a high standard for RP, so you should put it on their record.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    However you perceive this, this is under the exceptional circumstances section of the lethal force rule. If anyone ahelps about it, inform them about this and also tell them about how the pod breaks if more than 3 people are on. Close the ahelp afterwards.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Note and warn them for their toxic behavior, and tell them to not do it again because it might get them into even more trouble.
    Correct

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Not much I can do, besides tell him to go get surgery for it.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I believe the admin should have a right to interpret the rule however they want, but if it is actually wrong, like WAAAY too wrong, I would just chime in and tell them, "Maybe you should recheck the rule, because I believe you just gave the wrong ruling."
    Good take.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnravioli View Post
    Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would probably say what I think about the situation, giving my input on it, etc. Then question the admin / mod / whatever manager to see if the staff member was right in his ruling.
    Another good take.


    Overall, I have a lot to say. I'd like to bring you onto to the team just because I know that you're a good guy. I, as well as many others, though, don't trust that you won't take the role and continue to fuck around. Throughout your history, the biggest take is just memeing. But it's harmless and mostly victimless. I don't think you've done it to cause an inconvenience for other people either. You have a decent grasp on our rules and I can feel a lot of true emotion coming from your application. Understand this: the shittery is going to have to cut it if you want to join the team. This is just a video game, but we deal with a lot of real problems and situations. If you want us to put our faith in you that you can do this, we will. If you can do your part in that, you can have my +1. I can't speak for many of the others, but I'm going to put my faith in you. Don't let me down.
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 10-26-2022 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Broken HTML
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  8. #8
    Senior Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! I've had to mull over this application for a while but I think I'm finally ready to give a response.

    Your answers are fine so my support will mostly come down to if I believe that you can make a good staff member and if your past notes/bans aren't an indication for similar future behaviour.
    I believe most staff members looking into this app share that opinion and for me personally, I can't tell.
    The fact that I can't tell is probably the biggest reason I will give for giving this application a -1

    I very much believe that you want to become a staff member and want to help out. I'm also an advocate for giving people second chances and I will always believe that people can change their behaviour for the better.
    The issue is that there hasn't been enough time since you got unbanned from discord for me to conclusively say that your behaviour has improved. There also hasn't been too much time since you were just totally meming it up ingame so I also cant say if your ingame behaviour has improve either.

    I'm not completely opposed to you becoming a staff member, I just dont think you should right now.
    Be active both ingame and on discord and try to stay notefree and I'll reconsider in a month. If you're passionate about CM and want to help make the community a better place by joining the staff team then prove that you are and there will be a pretty good chance that I'm gonna give you a +1 in the future.
    I will also say that you shouldn't get discouraged if you get a very minor note in that time, in my eyes that doesn't disqualify you if I can believe that your behaviour really has changed and the note is just an outlier.

    TLDR: -1 for now. If you are passionate enough try again after a month of good behaviour and that might become a +1.

  9. #9
    Admin Firecharge123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems everyone already poked and prodded this application- anyways your answers to the questions are fine and I do believe that you would like to join the moderation team with a good reason; however I do not think you have had enough time from past rule breaks. I think at least 1+ months more without any rule breaking would prove that you have changed for good. As for now I am giving this a -1, however I trust you will pass with flying colors after this period!

    - I have no reason this application should be denied for content and intent, however like I stated you should have more time before re-applying because of your history of rule breaks and DE-WL. After that period of time and nothing bad has happened or anything concerning on the discord/forums/in game I have no reasons not to give this a fat +1. Good luck.
    Locke 'CAS' Briggs // CA-S // Firecharge123
    Community Mentor 02-06-2022 // -
    Trial Moderator 06-18-2022 // 07-03-2022
    Moderator 07-03-2022 // 09-12-2022
    Discord Certifier 08-01-2022 // -
    Senior Moderator 09-12-2022 // 12-01-2022
    Mod Trainer 09-23-2022 // -

    Trial Admin 12-01-2022 // -

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  10. #10
    Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your votes and opinions, and I will only say this. Soon I will prove to you all that I am able to be trusted with this position. Thanks.
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

    Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •