Date of Incident
    October 21, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Laurencia Beck

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Chrismmar

Accused Character Name
    Chris 'skullface' Man

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Multiple; Listed in description

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11. Marine Law

Description of the incident:
    Part 1: October 19, 2022. I am uncertain of the exact timing, but it is contained within the report below.

Chris Man was an MP. As an MP, you are bound to ML to an extent. Not only did he breach it, he literally deserted his post. He admits to this in his latest forum post: //showthrea...ll=1#post87153. He was refusing to carry out arrests, perform duties, etc.

Part 2: October 20, 2022, at approximately 11:10 PM.

Chris Man decided to try and blackmail me in game to stop a legal arrest upon the warden, authorized by the Captain at the time (over this report: //showthrea...-11-Marine-Law). This is neglect of duty, not only because he was trying to avoid processing major crimes, but because he's literally blackmailing his subordinate to halt a duty with an arrest. Chris Man proceeded to lie as an MP and tell me that he never heard of the warden's arrest. My logs are available in the evidence sections to dispute and prove this.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    --BLACKMAIL OVER WARDEN--

1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "And beckl"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "You were arresting a marine for no reason" (referring to the warden, logs later correlate with this)
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "I saw you"
    Dimitri Petrov says, "She broke ML"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "I know"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "But so did youi"
    Dimitri Petrov says, "I was only doing my duty to uphold standards"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Well do it in a more calm fasion"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "I did not break marine law."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Openinng fire doesnt help"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Beck if you arrest him im arrresting you to" (continuing to try and blackmail me)
    Sgt Laurencia Beck asks, "Which was?"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Illegal arrests" (I only ever arrested the warden with consent from the commander, thus proving he's arresting me for arresting the warden legally.)
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "A"

--His attempt at arresting me illegally due to a crime I never committed; Me fleeing to the commander over his actions--

1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Beck you are also under arrest for missuse of authority"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "CMP, you are required to stay with a prisoner."

Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "I need to speak with the commander."
    Sgt Rickard Boar [Charlie (SL)] says, "Charlie we're on FOB today"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Pleease comply"
    Chris 'skullface' Man points to the floor
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "You are"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Not"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "One moment."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Leaving"
    Chris 'skullface' Man fires the disabler gun!5

--IN CIC, ARGUING OVER WARRANT THAT THE CMP HEARD FROM THE COMMANDER, AS THEY WERE WITH THE COMMANDER AT THE TIME OF ITS ISSUING ALONGSIDE MYSELF AND THE WARDEN--

Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "Commander."
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "The CMP has breached marine law."
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Sergeant."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Your under arrest"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "And is also arresting me for arresting the warden."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "For misuse of authority"
    Laurencia Beck points to Chris 'skullface' Man
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You can't arrest me for a legal arrest."
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "Your arrest isn't valid."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "You didnt arrest anyone legaly"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "The commander literally approved it."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "You went for a marine who was shoved" (I asked what happened, I did not pursue an arrest)
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "I did not."
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You are lying."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "And you went for a marine who was stopping you for doing so" (attempted to arrest the PFC for moving me around unwillingly and screaming shut the fuck up at me, this is when the warden went on a tasing spree)
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "I saw you trying to go for the req line"
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Yes that's halting the arrest."
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "He is lying."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "I saw it with my own eyes"
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "XO."
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Copy."
    Laurencia Beck points to Chris 'skullface' Man
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You are actively breaking marine law." (He left the prisoner warden alone without assigning anyone to watch over them, after being the last in brig).
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Cadet thats a seperate issue"
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "How am i"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You were the last MP in brig, you must stay with the prisoner."
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You left them alone."
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "Dont try that shit. you do it daily"
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "And now the captain was able to see it as well."
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Beck feel free to fax the Provost, I know you like writing."
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson points to Laurencia Beck
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "I cannot if he detains me."
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Chief, I did order the arrest of the Warden."
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson points to the USCM Logo
    1stLt Chris 'skullface' Man says, "I wasnt told this" (the CMP was alongside the warden and I during the discussion of the warden's arrest.)
    Capt Jane 'JJ' Jacobson says, "Quite not long ago in that corner."
    Jane 'JJ' Jacobson points to the floor
    Sgt Laurencia Beck says, "You were literally in front of her."

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 10-25-2022 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Changed "Your Byond ID" to match their actual ckey instead of the accused's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I may defend myself, you escalated a situation out of proportion as you usually do, I was trying to handle the situation more calmly, as for the illegal arrest. I was mainly referring to you attempting to arrest multiple marines in requisition line, that's when the warden went crazy and started shooting you with tasers. which you responded by arresting him, that I am completely in agreement with you. I then stated that you committed Prevarication against the multiple marines you attempted to arrest. and I tried to state that you both committed a crime and therefor both should be put in brig. at least until things had calmed down. not to mention that I never saw the XO give authorization, if it was said I may have not seen it as I had just rushed over to cic after getting yelled at by half of the marines, who were all asking me what the hell just happened and why the warden had opened fire on you. also I left a cadet to watch over the prisoner, its not my fault that the cadet ignored my order. it was a heated moment and I didn't want you getting away with what you did (like you always do)

from what I've seen from this report, your blowing the things we did out of proportion and leaving out the things you did wrong. plus you said you were calling provost and yet never did, instead you write this player report for something you intended to deal with IC. if you had an issue with it, why didn't you message an admin in the moment? you had the entire round to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already had a ticket open for another issue.

I didn't arrest anyone prior to you trying to blackmail me aside from the warden. I never had the chance. You can't order prevarication on something someone might do in the future.

You should likely respond to my desertion complaint from the other round as well.

Also, may I suggest learning to differentiate between rounds, instead of publicly stating on the forums you're acting against me because of an OOC hate for me? It doesn't look well.
    it was a heated moment and I didn't want you getting away with what you did (like you always do)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Ahana - Laurencia Beck
    Chrismmar - Chris 'skullface' Man
    Second party (partially involved)
    Third party

Ahana logs on and heads to Req after experiecing troubles with the manifest
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahana takes the Warden to CIC to have the XO give a resolution
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahana brings the Warden to Brig to jail them and the CMP tries to compromise about their arrest
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP tries to arrest Ahana and it's brought to CIC
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The arguing continues in CIC but nothing much else happens. After that, there was no notable interaction between both the CMP and Ahana. Your "Part 1" is unfortunately from a different round, so it will not be used as evidence in this report. If you believe it's crucial, speak to Scarlet Reign (I've run it by her and the idea won't be automatically thrown out until logs are posted and decided upon).
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 10-25-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it is also in interest to mention that the Warden was handled OOCly by Firecharge123 in a separate ticket.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt act against you any differentally than i would have if it was any other mp. i was just pointing out the obvious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! I want to offer a quick clarification here so there is no confusion- while I see that there are issues here with all three MP players involved in this report, the two players who were not the accused in this incident have already had administrative action taken, so I'll just be focusing on the reported player. The crux of the report seems to be this attempt at an arrest for the two marines at roundstart.

[03:54:30]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Beck you are also under arrest for missuse of authority (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)

However, misuse of authority is:
    The exercising of power to a malicious extent by Military Police or deputized personnel acting as an MP; examples include beating a downed prisoner, excessive use of harmful or non-lethal force, or other abusive actions that led to the harm of a person in custody. Detained suspects should not have more force used on them than necessary in order to pacify them.
    Force may be used against retaliating or escaping parties only to the point where they are sufficiently pacified.

The charge was not correct and violation of arrest procedures does not constitute Misuse of Authority. The later added Malicious Compliance better addresses this gap, but the botched arrest would be FtFP and NOD.

If we look at the CMP's previous statements:
    [03:50:50]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Look, we can both let it go (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:50:58]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Pertend this never happened (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:04]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: And none of us have to get brigged (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:12]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: How does that sound beck? (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:18]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: Are you threatening me? (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Military Police)
    [03:51:29]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Im stating how this is going to go (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:39]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: He jumped the gun (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:45]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: I agree with you on that (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:51:59]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: But you went to arrest 2 marines within 3 minutes (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:52:09]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: For basically nothing (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:52:09]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: You cannot force me not to enforce the law. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Military Police)
    [03:52:17]SAY: Laurencia Beck [1]: I suggest you leave before I file a complaint to provost. (CKEY: Ahana) (JOB: Military Police)
    [03:52:21]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Listen (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:52:26]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Those were minor charges (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:52:27]ATTACK: Ahana/(Laurencia Beck) grabbed /(Dimitri Petrov) in the Brig Processing and Holding (55,153,4).
    [03:52:29]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: We can let them go (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)

[03:52:58]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Im stating this on record (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:53:06]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: If the warden goes to brig (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:53:07]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: So do you (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:53:12]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: You both commited crimes (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:53:25]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Any questions? (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:53:46]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: Ill take that as a no (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)

The CMP seems to be using the Misuse of Authority in an attempt to negate the actions of the Warden, after he saw the warden misuse their weapon and the XO authorized the arrest. This is unacceptable conduct for a CMP who is expected to follow and enforce ML and not use it as a bargaining chip.

We also see that even after the XO clarifies that the arrest of the Warden was ordered, the CMP did not comply, but remained in CIC to argue the point.

[03:57:42]SAY: Jane 'JJ' Jacobson [1]: Chief, I did order the arrest of the Warden. (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [03:57:53]SAY: Chris 'skullface' Man [1]: I wasnt told this (CKEY: Chrismmar) (JOB: Chief MP)
    [03:57:54]SAY: Jane 'JJ' Jacobson [1]: Quite not long ago in that corner. (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [03:58:04]SAY: Jane 'JJ' Jacobson [1]: You are very daft and should not be an officer. (JOB: Executive Officer)

Because there have been multiple recent, previous notes regarding similar conduct, a job ban from MP roles will be placed.