User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Dozen: Wasted potential? Discussion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always for adding more flavor/fluff to CM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do feel like Dutches Dozen was a bit of wasted potential, but.. Well, you'd have to add them to the new lore we have.

Althought they'd need some re-work, equipment-wise and probably skill-wise, they are a pretty unique ERT with a unique objective. Like, as sayed before, PMCs are the only ERT with a relevant objective (saving the CL), since antag ERTs just go havoc killing everyone on sight.

Problem is, if they were admin-only, they would NEVER be used. Like, technically, they should STILL be available to admins in a ERT form, they are just never used, cuz, you know. Their equipment is not on par with the weapons marines have today, nor the threat the xenos pose today, as well. Back on the Sulaco days? Sure, but everythin's changed since then, so.. Again, they would need a re-work to make them more unique.

I really do like the idea of it, thought. They are something completely different from the usual 'unga dunga, i got the distress beacon spawn, time to charge and die'. If they were on ERT rotation, make them pred-round spawn only, and if at least 1 predator is alive, give them decent gear to survive xenos and fight Yautja.
    Last edited by Jeether; 03-12-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with some rework in their armor/weapons/skills and a good placement for spawn (during hunt rounds when the Alamo already crashes in the ship or something) they could give a short, fast paced, fun time both for the team and the predators that are STILL in the planet (predators would META know a team is going to hunt them at round end so they don't just fuck off to ship and SSD) and they'd get I don't know.. a message about a rare game present in the hunting grounds? I think it's wasted potential and C'mon, if such an awful role like survivor is available in the game I don't see why we can't have less awful roles available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't they the Sulaco's CLF. When people saw that they were the ERT they knew that they were going to get slaughtered, cuz they had such crappy guns.

Besides, a pred never goes to the Almayer anymore. They won't ever get to hunt a pred if they were to answer a distress, they're suited for admin events only.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vaguely remember getting dutch dozen ert once, and it was ok. On par or better than clf. Freelancers were essentially mercenaries, which could also be cool if fleshed out, but they would not be as strong as pmcs.

Iron bears were the shit though, and it's sounds way fucking better than union of progressive peoples. Making them an elite squad with the sole objective of eliminating command would be amazing.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd temporarily have the Iron bears as a rare spawn that makes them above a standard upp squad. Like for example, if a UPP distress was naturally picked, there would be another dice role to have it as the Iron Bears with better gear and the ability to heal from alcohol. Something temporary until something better is fleshed out for them.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly the Iron Bears are a Private military corporation that Weyland Yutani hires as Colony protection.
    They just so happen to be Slavic and Russian; they'd be more akin to the Baltic States than UPP (USSR).

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ERT variations are a boon to the game IMO. Even variations to the usual PMCs by adding more random roles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iron Bears are a PMC that was hired by WY to help guard a research site, but their COs focus was on Predators.

In older CM they were altered to be essentially a Soviet special forces unit.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iron bears were removed/renamed to UPP due to copyright issues.

dutchs dozen are not lore friendly and are also a copyright issue, if memory serves.