Ticker175
    Date of Incident
    October 23, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Bob Huey
    Their BYOND Key
    Forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Sunday, 23rd October 8:40AM AEDT (UTC +10)
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    1. Abuse of moderator/admin powers
    Description of the incident
    I and ~5 other marines (it was me an SL, an IO, medic, engineer and the rest were riflemen (could be wrong but there was definitely only one medic)) were at the "Hydro Dam" area on the Trijent dam map (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/images/9/92/Trijent_Dam.png) and were getting actively attacked by runners, lurkers and some warriors from all sides to the point where we had 4 out of the 6 of us downed and unable to defend themselves or actively going perma, it was me the medic and a PVT still up and me and the PVT were providing security whist the medic was defibing and healing the others (this happened whilst we were of the far east side of the building in the small indent into the wall) we were understandably in a bad situation and had agreed we needed to get back to the main group, but we needed to get the dying marines back up before that could happen. so when 2 mp show up out of nowhere (no talk over comms that i saw about mp even being deployed let alone to arrest myself) i had no patience for their crap and as soon as they confirmed they were after me i shot them, i didnt intend to kill them, just make them leave the area. immediately after forest spawns about a hundred droppods trying to capture me and then teleports me and then the mp to the bridge north of us where there were 2 other marines, he sleeps me and the mp arrest me and admin PMs me "dont shoot mp".

i have no faith in the staff report system as a whole but here we go:

i dont see why a staff member is not only intervening in this situation but actively sabotaging a group of marines who already were in a bad situation, on top of this forest still defends his actions in a PM he replied to me saying that i wasn't in a combat situation and that the mp quote "didn't even leave the barricades", i fail to see how firstly the MP "didn't even leave the barricades" when i was at the hydro dam and the fob was at LZ1, thats over 100 tiles if you didn't know so unless im looking at a different game they weren't even justified to come after me (as per Marine Law - Suspect in Area of Operations), and secondly i was literally on half health due to a recent attack by a runner (or lurker i cant remember) and the rest of our small group was downed a few tiles away. so yes i believe i was completely justified in shooting those mp before they got the chance to disable me (as per Rule 11). my group were completely separated from the frontline and fob and were actively being attacked every 30 seconds or so by xenos so me being disabled and then taken away would not only prevent me defending myself but it would also mean i couldn't defend those around me. who were unable to defend themselves.

Rules quoted:
    https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law#..._of_Operations - Arrests are restricted to the FOB, dropships, and secure areas unless in "hot pursuit" - the suspect flees the MP outside the secure area. Should there be hostiles in the vicinity, the MP is required to abort the arrest and move to a secure area. MP's may travel between secure areas, but may not make arrests during these travels and must make sure the transport back with the arrested person happens safely. Should the Almayer get boarded by a hostile force no arrests should be made unless the person is a danger to the Almayer and or its personnel.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules#Rule_11._Marine_Law - Exceptions - Marine Law can be broken when necessary to preserve the lives and safety of others.
    Evidence
    n/a
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video of part of the incident https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ooting_MPs.mp4

Bob's logs prior to the incident for a few minutes
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Forest starts to observer Bob at this point.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Events past this point are also included in the vid. The shooting exchange.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp exchange between Forest and Bob.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker175 View Post

i have no faith in the staff report system as a whole but here we go:
    I could give you a meme response and say "LOL NO DENIED" but instead I will explain some things in the hope maybe you will think about what you did was wrong, and better yourself

I've reviewed the logs, and they aren't lying. They show a clear cut violation of Rule 10 for Improper Escalation. The MPs were speaking with you and you outright murder them. Obviously this is not real life, but a videogame, so that's right we have these rules. However the clause you cite for "Life is endangered" is intended for if someone was actively shooting at you with intent to kill you maliciously (Not accidental FF) or actively trying to grief you in a violation of the rules.

If you had shouted you refused to go, ran away, and/or punched them, you would not have gotten banned.

I don't see any wrong doing on forest's actions here, your note history shows a previous griefing note from earlier in the month, so this was also within ban escalation.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids