Usnpeepoo
    Date of Incident
    October 23, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Dustin Ortega
    Their BYOND Key
    Hunk1
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Right now, after a trijent ound. 2:32 PM CST.
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I, along with another bravo engineer evacuated planetside after xeno hijack. I came across Lang'kell right after we dropped and fought him. I managed to kill him, then I began stripping him of gear. I took his clan mask, then relay beacon. The relay beacon didn't work so i didn't do anything with it. I tried to take off their bracer (it is connected to their wrist) and found that I couldn't, so I told the marine next to me "I'm going to try and take his arm off", and I began shooting their arm.

Right during this I was pm'ed by Hunk to "stop metagaming". I told him I probably should've RP'ed better when handling their gear but I wasn't metagaming. He said in reply "By trying to severe his arm in order to get the relay beacon. Marines dont know how pred stuff works.". This is true, marines don't know how pred gear works however he is wrong in that I was metagaming. All I did was make a simple choice to remove the arm of the killed predator due to not being able to take a gear off, this isn't metagaming in any way nor is it a rule. He also mentioned in my note that I built two barricades, which isn't even an issue at all considering we were attacked first by the predator the second we dropped.

I would like this note removed, that is all.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Usnpeepoo - Dustin Ortega
    Hunk1 - Gerge Mellons
    Other (partially involved)

Usnpeepoo's fight with the predator
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The predator has their gear stripped and analyzed
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The tickets involved
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the logs, I’m pretty sure the logs along with my screenshots can show me trying to fiddle with their gear, failing and icly deciding what I wanted to do (sever the arm). Also, the note was completely unrelated to the original ahelp it seems which was about me apperantly metagaming the pred relay feature and making a kill box with the relay beacon.
    I couldn’t even use the relay beacon to begin with, and I had built only two barricades. I quit making them when I decided to try and remove the bracer, so in reality I never even made any sort of “kill box”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!
    In reviewing the logs, I agree that this could have been role played out a bit more, but the interaction appears in-character, and while by server rules, Marines do not know anything in regards to honor codes, technology ect- seeing unknown, but clearly high-tech equipment or weaponry on a fallen enemy and attempting to recover it is within reason. I'll remove the note, and check in with Hunk to make sure he's up to date on the definitions for metagaming.