User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, how do you deal with your own expectations and insecurities in game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, how do you deal with your own expectations and insecurities in game?

It's more so... I wonder how people get by, I love the people I'm close with so far but I always worry about upsetting everyone, A lot honestly. I want to do my best and when I was starting out and fresh to a lot of different roles even after a lot of time I found myself crying because I thought people were mad at me. I come from a .... less than nice server elsewhere so maybe it's just ingrained in me at this point? I've been told not to care or worry for a variety of reasons but funny spess man game is... a bigger one, even if I get it I just like seeing people happy. Honestly I know I'm not the most robust and any FF incident is usually followed by me screaming "OH GOD I A AM A FUCKING RETARD" but I have a feeling that one isn't just me. Still I like the support aspect at this point a whole lot more, the few times people have noticed me they genuinely seemed to enjoy that I helped them. and... Maybe I should stay leaning towards that? I dunno, I'm honestly finding Support and MP to be the best so far.

And I know, MP bad. Don't have to say it. You will, but you don't have to.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just deal with it. It happens to everyone but it's still gonna make just about anyone miffed.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be upfront. If someone still is mad at you after saying you're new then that's on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just learn what you can from your mistakes and try not to let them be repeating things. Everyone has fuck up, and you cant make everyone happy despite yer best efforts, do the best you can do and move on, and best of all have fun its just a game man there is no need to be a "sweat lord".
    If ya got other questions man about the game or need any other advice just find me the CM discord and DM me, I am more then willing to give ya hand if ya so pick man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks... I... didn't actually expect .. this...I.. thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you're just a man trying to be a dude.

I remember first playing CM and seeing all the delta robusto warlord gigabeasts and wanting to get tons of frags like them, and developed high expectations for myself despite how new I was and burnt out among other bad things happening. Started grinding for CO WL, got it, got into a lot of drama and threw it away a few weeks later because I was sick of it.

Learned to play for fun. If you wanna play MP or support, don't let anyone rain on your parade. There's no such thing as a perfect medic or engineer or any role; you're gonna make a mistake and someone will shit their diaper. They'll cry and all you gotta do is keep movin. Have fun and don't worry too much. And don't mow down the req line with an M2C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep that in mind... also... Yeah I don't know how anyone would manage the M2C thing.... that's.... pretty purposefully... yeah. Thanks again... I... suppose hearing it from people who just know the experience... helps oddly?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insecurities... In SS13... Where you can play as a different named character each round... People... Do... Get... Easly... Trolled... And... Baited...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to learn without being meta-targeted or having a bad rep as a particular character. Turn on the random character name option in your preferences. Now you can learn and focus on playing, instead of having to deal with players that like to meta-target because you PB'd them on accident two rounds ago, it's what I did and what others do too. But I understand where you're coming from, and it's sad that there are players who meta-target or "bully" others when it's just a game. As the saying goes, you just cope and move on, if another player is upset, then let them, don't let it ruin your fun, because at the end of the day we log in to escape from the BS of life and enjoy a round or two with friends. Anyways hoped this helped.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you kinda just make your peace with being a shitter. There are only maybe 2 dozen people (at least on marine side, only know like 3 recognizable xenos) who I would actually consider to be good at the video game. I myself have been playing on and off for too many fucking years now, and would only consider myself even remotely passable as a marine in the last year and change.

Everyone fucks up, and they do it pretty much every operation. Just have the decency to drag your ff victims to a medic and you'll be just fine.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)