User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, how do you deal with your own expectations and insecurities in game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the game at your own pace, play it the way you think it's fun rather than whatever anyone else tells you on how to play. You're not gonna make everyone happy, just make yourself happy (but not at the expanse of blowing up the FOB with an OB during a siege for dem kills.) Also if you wanna play a support role take a look into either Medic or Engi since those two are lifesavers, Medics more so and people tend to not annoy the medic. And for the last point, FF. Everyone no matter how robust has had a situation where they've killed more marines than the xenos have due to a bad nade. So don't worry about FF, kills are kills so you gotta get dem K/D stats up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually finish every insecure thought with "...FUCK IT I'M BALLING"
    Example of use:
    "Shit I just shot a friendly 3 times in a row... FUCK IT I'M BALLING"
    "Damn I'm so hurt that I am draining my medics supplies... FUCK IT I'M BALLING"
    You get the idea, any mistake you make will usually only last for an hour, after which a new round starts, which means a new round to make mistakes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little tip for you. Marines can't be better than you at killing xenos.. if you perma them.

If you can't do better... become better.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought I'd say the following words but: I agree with CABAL.

This smells like a bait thread.

On the offchance it isn't however, you can simply change characters. It's a videogame, nobody really cares that much, and those who do can be ignored given they only as they have nothing to care about irl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just play the game and do whatever you want as long you're not violating any rules..
    Last edited by ChengChan; 11-29-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Insecurities... In SS13... Where you can play as a different named character each round... People... Do... Get... Easly... Trolled... And... Baited...
    It's a thing that happens! I myself get them in high-pressure roles, or ones I perceive to be high-pressure roles. (SO, SL, RO, Combat Tech, Medic)

To answer OP: I'm unsure if you're 'dealing' with anything outside of SS13, but I used to be like this a lot. I used (and honestly still kinda use) SS13 as my one social outlet, playing characters because I can control and shape their lives, unlike mine. If you are dealing with something. Drop SS13 for a while, get yourself help, medication helped me but it'd be a bandaid without my wonderful therapist!
    If you're younger (which I have no problem with!), then...Similar advice. I also grew up a lot, maturity helped me realise 'SS13 people have spent a lot of their lives in this stupid game, why should I care?' Obviously, I still slip, we all do. But that's the difference. Slipping and always being like that.

Honestly, as long as your FF isn't 'I just shot like 10 people with a SADAR', you're fine. Most people worth a damn will take the apology and move on. The best of us won't even want an apology.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyJoe View Post
    It's a thing that happens! I myself get them in high-pressure roles, or ones I perceive to be high-pressure roles. (SO, SL, RO, Combat Tech, Medic)
    But there is no reason for that to happen unless you don't use random name. Yeah sure, I don't roll specs and SLs as Cabal, because I know I will suck at those roles and they are actually important, but as soon as I hit that "random name", or just came up with another video game combination I can go full ham and die to the first runner.

Yeah the problem exist, but it is so easy to solve.

It is like being insecure in some chan where everyone is called "anon random number" and their country flag.