Discord Username?
    BeagleGaming1#1524

CM Character?
    Neil / Katzyr Smith

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST (UTC-5)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, discord and minecraft servers

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    A downstream of TG

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    None

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Yes, discord servers

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Depending on what happened beforehand, it could be considered improper escalation by the player shooting. I would ask the player and MP what happened, as well as checking further if needed. If it is improper escalation, I will note or escalate as necessary.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform the player that predators violating honor code should be player reported in the forums or reported to the council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would try to inform a mentor about it if possible, and help any way I can if not.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If the player is being rude, I would at first request them to stop, then escalate to a punishment if required. I would tell the player that it is not necessary to speak to an Admin+ staff member, and that I could solve the issue they are having.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would message the marine named John Doe and ask about their name, if they are new or do not have a history of names like this, I would tell them that it is against rule 9 and ask them what they would like to change it to. If they refuse to change their name or do not respond, I do what is required according to escalation.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Unless the Maintenance Technician is using those weapons to grief, the act of having weapons and armor itself is not against the rules. At most this would be an IC issue due to violating SOP and not something moderators have to deal with OOC.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would inform the survivor that they are not supposed to be hostile, unless it is part of an event, or they are a specific hostile spawn, such as CLF. If necessary I would heal the marine.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would message the MP, asking for the reason the person got locked in permanent confinement, as well as asking other people who were involved. If the player really was locked up for just running into req and taking an attachment, and the MP is new and it was a mistake, I would inform them of the proper way to do it, but if the MP purposefully did it, I would punish them according to escalation. If the person ahelping purposefully lied in the ahelp, omitting information that would lead them to getting locked up, I would warn them or follow escalation as required.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would make a QM message, stating that the talls cannot escape after massacring so many sisters, and that they must regain strength and override the doors of the metal bird to avenge them. Alternatively, I would subtle message the acting CO of the operation, and tell them that their gut instincts tell them the xenos are weak, and going on the offensive may win them the operation.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As in this scenario I am playing, I do not have the full situation of what happened, and it is involving me, so I would ahelp and report it as normal and ask another staff member to handle it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF player that end of round griefing does not apply for enemy factions such as the CLF and Marines.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would message the marine and request they stop and return the gear, or if they have a reason to not. If they don't return the gear or give an explanation, if necessary they can potentially be punished for griefing.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would inform the offending marine about proper escalation and how they should not fire lethal against general melee. If the player has a history of it I would note or escalate as necessary.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would inform the other staff, then depending on the point of the mutiny, I would try informing them that they need to ahelp and request mutiny. If necessary I will sleep the mutineers and apply punishment as necessary.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Even if nine out of ten people are laughing and RPing it, it is still against the rules. I would tell them to stop and note it, and escalate if they have a history of it or they do not stop.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    If there is nobody capable of reviving the dead marines, I would heal as necessary. I would ban the player for how long is required and if necessary see if it can be upgraded to permanent.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message the larva and inform them about how the xeno roleplay standards forbid larva frontlining and them dying harms the xeno team, and note them. If they have a history of it, higher escalation may be required.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would message the xeno and inform them that memeing in hivemind is a violation of rule 2's xeno roleplay standards and punish them as necessary.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    If I am remembering it correctly, xeno hivemind and speech is a translation from what they hear, while some may say "Bird" or "Metal Bird", as it is a translation to english, "dropship" would still be correct.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the command staff player that despite knowing that there is a problem with the colony, they do not know exactly what is wrong. The marines would know there is a distress signal, but not that there would be xenos.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would not intervene as limited spots left in the evac pod is one of the few exceptions to escalation.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ask the player to stop and if they do not stop I would apply a note or a mute if necessary.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would tell the player that we cannot remove the larva just because they were SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Unless I have something useful to add, I would ignore it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Similarly to the above, unless there is something I can add that is useful to the conversation or argument, I will stay out of it or report it to a higher up if necessary.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator to help the community and the players with issues they may be facing in game, and to help make it better by dealing with griefers. Also, because Grim told me to.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    One of the most important quality of a moderator is, in my opinion, the ability to look at what happened and make a fair judgement from what information you know.

Anything else you want to add?
    There is nothing else I want to add.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, i'm happy to give this a +1. Small note that situations like "A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims" are covered under roundstart schenangians and can be freely noted as such. This generally wouldn't constitute grief unless it was very extreme.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beagle, I think you are a good fit for the staff team. Your answers to the questions are good. Get +1ed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I forgot to add to the application to note, there is some lack in investigation in a couple of questions

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would inform the offending marine about proper escalation and how they should not fire lethal against general melee. If the player has a history of it I would note or escalate as necessary.
    look into if they got killed, how, and if it was following escalation - ask both sides

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    If there is nobody capable of reviving the dead marines, I would heal as necessary. I would ban the player for how long is required and if necessary see if it can be upgraded to permanent.
    even though this is most likely another copy paste multikyer griefer, still good to look and see what happened, perhaps there is more to it than just shooting people like they were getting arrested so they shot people or something

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Even if nine out of ten people are laughing and RPing it, it is still against the rules. I would tell them to stop and note it, and escalate if they have a history of it or they do not stop.
    just confirm they are actually being said, and by who

My +1 still remains, just make sure to look into anything before giving out punishments

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on how good the answers are but I will drop by to say that beaglegaming1 has stood out to me as a great player and his passion shows in interactions both IC and OOC. Stand out memories are of him as a chef during the recent CO promotion event where he put in the time to plan, organize, and make a multi-course meal as well as recent contributions to a design document about shipside roles. I have no doubt he would be a positive addition to the staff team with adequate training and mentorship.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually would like to follow up on this question as well

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Unless I have something useful to add, I would ignore it.

If you see a staff member give information you know is wrong or otherwise make a mistake you should point it out to them so they can correct it. And if it's still an issue or an actual breach of policy you should take it up with a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds fine! If it all goes well, we'll see you in a short bit on the team! +1!
    Mark Connor, USCMC Officer
    Mark Connor's Dossier.
    Charles Kurtz, Military Policeman

Charles Kurtz's Dossier.

Tsunamico,
    A.K.A. Ayyluska

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit too busy recently to give an in-depth review of your questions like I usually do, but I do really like Beagle and would like for them to have a chance on the team! They're very friendly and overall a pleasant person to have around! +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Solid application combined with a wide variety of contributions as a player!
    I'm pleased to welcome you to the team! (=^__^=)

Please make sure that your DMs are open, I'll reach out shortly to get you set up with permissions and get you started with your trainer.