User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robotic Potato - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robotic Potato - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Robotic Potato
    Character Name?
    Irene Rockfelt
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Omicega, I believe.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Baystation 12, SS:CM
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I was once banned on CM for EORG I believe in 2015/2016 when I had just started out.
    Reason for Ban
    Banened by host: R18Feb19 - Player harassment, grief, and server raiding.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I don't have much to say in my defense, everything listed in my ban is correct aside from one: server raiding.

I admit against my own better judgement I took a joke way too far, what I actually did being announcing a copypaste aimed at insulting ExGame then promptly killing the CO, Jay Burns, who had made an announcement before me to a similar effect before attempting to kill himself before being stopped by MPs then killing myself.

That being said at no point did I and Jay Burns plan this, nor did I plan it with anyone else who might have done something similar. I imagine it might be hard to believe, and if you don't believe me I don't blame you. You only have my word and possibly theirs though I doubt they'll comment.

As for everything else, yes I did it, I am aware it was wrong. I couldn't tell you why I did it because honestly, there was no thought process. On impulse against my own better judgement I did what I described above as a sort of joke. Now, I can only ask for forgiveness for my actions because I do/did enjoy playing CM and would like to continue.

I apologize to ExGame for what I said, and I apologize to anyone's round I ruined by taking up my slot before killing myself.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Personally, I think what you did was massive and it hasn't even been an entire month. I just can't support lifting this right now. -1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Grimreaperx15 said. -1.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    Personally, I think what you did was massive and it hasn't even been an entire month. I just can't support lifting this right now. -1
    I understand an immediate unban may be untimely at the least all I'm asking for a reduction from a permanent ban. Say, if my appeal is denied, in a month after it's denial I'll appeal again though I won't exactly have much to add, I've said all I really can say here. I understand what I did was wrong, targeting ExGame and making the announcement was something I never should have done along with the suicide. I apologize for all that.

I suppose I should address the 18+ thing, the exact content considered 18+ was simply the name of a fetish. I never described anything about it, I didn't link anything at all about it I simply had the word twice in the copypaste I used.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made your decision not to be a part of the community there as far as I'm concerned.
    If you do want some actual advice don't actually do something you'll regret without thinking it through.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the deal.

There's a difference between joking with someone and using in-game means to harass a member of our staff. It crossed the line, and frankly what you, jay burns, and broden did was stupid. However your message was a bit more tame than what the other two did, and you didn't post any links.

However you admit you were wrong, so I think this will come down to the simple fact if our staff member will forgive you or not. If he does, that's a start at least.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarmare View Post
    You made your decision not to be a part of the community there as far as I'm concerned.
    If you do want some actual advice don't actually do something you'll regret without thinking it through.
    You say I've made a choice to not be a part of the community, though I never insulted the community as a whole. I never said I hated everyone and the server, if I made a choice to not be a part of the community I wouldn't be here now apologizing for my actions.

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Here's the deal.

There's a difference between joking with someone and using in-game means to harass a member of our staff. It crossed the line, and frankly what you, jay burns, and broden did was stupid. However your message was a bit more tame than what the other two did, and you didn't post any links.

However you admit you were wrong, so I think this will come down to the simple fact if our staff member will forgive you or not. If he does, that's a start at least.
    I understand I took it too far, into harassment territory. I can't do anything but apologize and hope everyone, most notably ExGame forgives me for what I've done. I never explicitly intended to harass him but that's what I did and once again I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked over your appeal and believe that this is a genuine apology since you include all elements which show that you accept responsibility for it.

Although it's unlikely, as said by yourself, that your ban appeal will be accepted right away.

But on my part, I forgive you and think you should be given a second chance to play on the server as long as it does not happen again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end Robotic Potato you've been a member of this community for almost 2 and a half years.
    You have a very limited note history, but the majority of people are more so dissappointed in you for what you've done over anger (Myself included)

However you yourself have given what I believe is a genuine appeal and apology, and I am going to blame this on the old "Monkey See Monkey Do" when you were just following other players.

Pardon my french, but you fucked up royally, and you know that. Exgame has forgiven you, and as I said it's a start.

Management may or may not agree at this time, but I think based on these circumstances you deserve another chance and only because:

-You've been a long time player
    -You are not a shitler
    -You admitted you screwed up and are trying to amends.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You knew what you were doing. Few people go out in such a grandiose style without first having thought about it. And if you didn't, that's on you.