Date of Incident
    October 30, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Khalif "Mike' Jordan

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Alan Jones

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    8:30 PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2

Description of the incident:
    I believe that Alan Jones illegally executed me. Prior to describing the incident, I shall lay the background:

During this round, I had hired a MT Israel 'Horseman' Pearsall to act as W-Y employee. He had "quit" the USCM and I provided him with a paper ID. A PMC ERT was sent aboard the ship and we followed the action to CIC. It was during this time that CO Alan Jones decided that Pearsall had deserted and decided to promptly execute him on the spot, even though there were multiple MPs around and Pearsall was not being a danger to anyone. While this could be considered extreme, I believe that it is technically a valid execution as a result of interpretation of Marine Law.

My issue however is that later in the round, I challenged the CO to a duel, using Marine Combat gloves. He decided then and there that this was considered something that should result in my immediate execution and did so on the spot.

I believe in this instance his actions were over the line, he did not warn me to stop nor was I posing a valid threat to him or the round.

Therefore, my belief that this was an illegal execution and abuse of the Battlefield Execution privilege given to the CO Whitelist.

I also filed to ahelp's in relation to this but even with multiple staff online, no one replied to the ticket, hence my report.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The logs will show this

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay this report kind of confuses me, so please tell me if I'm understanding it correctly.

First action is: you assist in the desertion of USCM personnel - the desertion of MT Israel 'Horseman' Pearsall.

Second action is: in the presence of WY PMCs, move to CIC and assault the CO with your gloves.

Third action is: challenging the most senior ranking personnel, who has the authority to execute on the spot anyone they deem a threat to the operation and or their command, again in the presence of WY PMCs as the WY CL.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MT made their own choice to desert, I told them to go ask the CO, who I presumed denied it. When they came back I provided them with a handy dandy piece of paper saying their were a W/Y employee. Again I am not contesting that their (meaning the MT) execution was illegal, just using it to set the scene.

The second/third action took part in the CIC, the only people present were myself, the CO and the XO. The PMCs that were, I believe, an admin spawned ERT, were involved in another section of the ship trying to coax out a research spawned xenomorph. I hope this clarifies the scenario. How a CO could feel threatened by a single man slapping them with a combat glove and challenging them to a duel is behind me.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand under what logic challening the commanding officer on a "duel to the death", if I remember those were the exact words of your character, is not threatening, or an attempt to ursurp command.

So I'm a bit confused at your logic and perhaps you can explain that to me.

What makes it even more legit is that this happened after attempting and failing to call for the arrest of the CO after a legal BE on the MT, because your character disagreed with what happened. Actions like that are a clear indication that you have an issue with the CO and are attempting to remove him by any means necessary. A duel to the death being one of them since your character I suppose expended all other legal options such as sending a Fax.

A threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command, or attempting to remove your command through illegal means.
    A threat to persons. Credibly threatening and attempting to do harm to the Commanding Officer or to someone while in the Commanding Officer's presence.

On top of that this is happening during a critical moment in the round where the CO has to deal with the siutation planetside going south, an incompetent XO, and a PMC component in his ship conflicting with his MP depratment, and a xeno burrower activating code red.

So yeah, please elaborate a bit on your logic here as to how calling for a duel to the death with the CO because your character disagreed on the BE of the MT is not an attempt to ursurp command or a physical threat.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walking up to the Commanding Officer during a high-intensity situation and challenging them to a battle to the death is just asking for your own demise. The CO perceived you as a threat to his life, and dealt with you accordingly. Sorry, but you had it coming.

Report denied.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump