Marine Name
    John 'Jigsaw' Morrison

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Balthazar

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Balthazar is polite, doesn't like to use contractions and abbreviations and sees every human as a bundle of contradictions that he enjoys watching.

Likes to point out said contradictions.

Thinks the chain of command is important and is fiercely loyal to Officers. He will only change that way of thinking on a case by case scenario of bad leadership or lack of humanity by an Officer.

Is quite stoic and never gives up untill the bitter end. 'There is always hope' is a line he is quite fond of because of the diverse effects it can cause on others.

He likes giving gifts and is programmed to feel a positive feedback when thanked.

[Are you looking for a reliable and loyal Synth? The ever ready Balthazar is the perfect addition to any demanding crew! He is based on the loved white bearded grandfather of his creator.]

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I like to help. I want to do the best I can to help and win. I was Main CMO and AI on TG, so maybe that can paint a picture.

I also got terrible aim and latency problems, so I can't robust my way to victory.

With that said, I played as synthetic races like IPC,Borgs and A.I. because I like imagining "What would an Artificial Inteligence creature do?". I got more time as AI than anything else and I really wished I could play as ARES here hahahahaha.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    It was Phelan. I was a Delta Spec on my last rocket and after firing it a RAV got out of a corner and managed to swipe me a few times. We were routing. Phelan grabbed me from the ground and managed to run with me while the xenos hunted us. He was doing first aid and then ghetto surgery on me WHILE RUNNING and dodging around xenos and marine firing. I could hear fighting and screams in my critted state with him healing me and finaly woke up in time to die, because they cornered us in the west side of LV-624 river.

Synthetic Character Story
    Originaly from the USS Diamelen, Balthazar was on the infamous shore leave that resulted in the transfer of its crew to the USS Almayer.

This is in chronological order.

Observing the crew:
    "I do believe the way the crew are behaving will cause us no end of trouble."
    *Marine slumps near him*
    "I love how they destroy themselves like that, everything in the name of 'Fun!'."

Beign pestered by a Sgt for the forth time:
    "I am sorry, I cannot grab you another beer, Sergeant. You see I have twelve more marines to heal from their drunken stupor"
    *Sergeant says something about never beign able to trust a synth to do what he is told*
    "Of course Sergeant, very much like the Privates we got."

Diamelen goes dark:
    "Oh, what is it this time?"
    *Recieves a call from CO asking to check why the ship has gone dark*
    "Yes, I am here Commander. Do I prioritize the marines or the power? "
    *CO says the power, he can't shoot darts with no lights*
    "Of course, checking the engines."

Fixing the power in Engineering:
    *There is a party happening inside the CE's Office*
    "Marines, how you managed to throw up over the Chief Engineer's computer when the doors are always bolted and unpowered is beyond me."
    *A Smartgunner spills his drink over Balthazar's head*
    "And with that I will help you with your hangover last Lance Corporal, and tell the crew how you managed to shit your pants last week cycle."

Coming back to Diamelen's CIC:
    *CO is sleeping on the ground after drinking too much as well*
    "Ah, like Father like sons. You really are the Commander of this vessel, sir."
    *Picks up CO and tucks him in CO's bed*

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Quite familiar. I can fix and build all that is needed at FOB, including Static Comms,Power and APCs. I can also quickly hack doors and I know where the maps machinery like Colony Floodlights and Trijent's Water Treatment are located.

I'm new to OT.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Many hours as SO and SL. I ask for aSL if I'm a high ranking enlisted if the need for it appears. I believe that a central figure is needed at all times if cohesion is to be maintained.

Planning on tackling XO soon. Wish me luck.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know most common surgeries without having to look anywhere and can make combined surgeries on the same body part. I always play with the wiki open anyway. I've used Ghetto Surgery on other servers but never needed to do it here in CM.

I can make the custom chems every Squad Medics asks for and some.

Managed to never blow myself up even in Research.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Helped with the Req lines and know my way around round start and late stage deployment supply needs.

Never played as RO though so I never had to make the decisions on what to buy and when.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    I can do combat only when: As self-defense, while the Almayer is beign boarded, while I defend others that can't fight, like a downed marine. If there are combat able personel around I am to remain in the side-lines and support the effort from there.

If Im carrying a Critted SL and 2 Lurkers ambush me I am able to fight back for as long as they keep harassing, always trying to disengage and return to a safe place.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    This is my first post on the forums. Mainly because I don't like using any type of 'social media'. I know forums isn't social media but it IS a place to put our opinions and visions, and that makes me not want to use it much. Hope that's not a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteThanatos View Post
    Balthazar is polite, doesn't like to use contractions and abbreviations and sees every human as a bundle of contradictions that he enjoys watching.
    "And with that I will help you with your hangover last Lance Corporal, and tell the crew how you managed to shit your pants last week cycle.".
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the hallmarks of artificial people is consistency. Humans might not trust them because they might not know the program an AP is running on, or have bad past experiences, or recognize that an uninhibited AP is one of the most dangerous entities in the known galaxy, but they are extremely consistent. The personality given seems extremely inconsistent, for example loyal to officers unless there's bad leadership? What governs that exactly, because an AP is going to have meticulously specific criteria where it turns, thus ensuring consistency. It seems like the kind of thing that'd be a liability to the USCM to purchase an asset that could turn on their assigned command structure, they'd just wipe that personality and replace it with standard USCM software. Think of synthetics like warrant officers, you're beholden to the same kind of standard as an officer but have no command responsibility. Any officer who turned on their superiors is up on charges, no matter how bad the leadership is it's still insubordination.

The story is far shorter than we expect and very disjointed. It's really something you want to sit down and put together a cohesive, singular tale that showcases interactions with marines or other people you might encounter and gives a pretty comprehensive example of the personality that's been proposed. You can always ask to send the story to council (best) or WL holders to review prior to submitting an application. That would have caught a very significant issue which was the quote c4x pointed out. Antagonizing marines or saying things that are easily interpreted as such is very much forbidden. Synthetic dialogue is very deliberately non-offensive, with only a few rare and specific exceptions primarily with regard to non-USCM entities (For example you can call a xeno or UPP soldier a neuron-deficient meat sack) but the baby gloves have to be on for anyone who is considered allied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both your points about his personality is taken from the Programming and Guidelines post.

Mainly about Mutiny regarding your consistency: (In a mutiny situation, it is up to the Synthetic how to act and perform their duties.) Although most of the time Balthazar would still be loyal to Command I've seen one instance where I'm sure he wouldn't be. CO was practically sacrificing all marines and FOB personel in vain glory. Every time CO used the tablet annoucement it was something along the lines of "Your deaths aren't in vain marines! It will fuel my promotion!" during a fierce but hopeless FOB siege.

On the second point about antagonizing marines: (Quips, banter and objective statements are fine, outright insults are not.) I may be reading this wrongly, but isn't this quipping? If it isn't then I'll adjust.

About the story I wasnt sure about what to do but I wanted to do it without help. Call it vain pride.
    Thanks for the feedback

PS: c4xmaniac I'm not sure if you're beign sarcastic, sorry.
    EDIT:Minor typo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: c4xmaniac I'm not sure if you're beign sarcastic, sorry.
    I was pointing out that you said that Balthazar is polite then tells the SG that you're going to tell all his battle buddies how he shit himself, which seems to me to be a contradiction in of itself. This is not a quip or banter, its just an insult even if its true. Banter would be like, "Hey synth I bet you're weaker than an arcturian on blood thinners!"

"I can use this hammer to demolish entire buildings - you can hardly lift it. What does that make you corporal?"

Use the bishop knife trick as an example. Its a kind of banter, he's making a marine feel extremely uncomfortable and look like a massive pussy, but he is never outright insulting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPnYoTk1ww

I disagree with Phelan that synthetic dialogue is deliberately non-offensive, there's far more aggressive synths on our WL right now, most just tend not to. Mia and Rockwell (good luck seeing him xd) are good examples of this. Its about how you do it. It can be done, but the example you gave is not how it is done.
    Last edited by c4xmaniac; 11-01-2022 at 03:58 AM.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story too short, dialogue ehh. A good first stab. I will give you the same input I give others.

You need to be more creative and specific about your quirk as right now it's nothing. And so it's hard to envision as well as for you to roleplay.

If done correctly not only will we be able to understand how you will speak, but look as well, think, react.

For example, expanding on your quirk, you like to nitpick contradictions, never lose hope, don't like abbreviations.. sounds like a public defender to me. With that simple addition, we can imagine the suit.. the speech.. a backstory..

Or you said it was based on your grandfather. What makes him him? What was his career, why is he the way he is, I don't think we have a "grandfather" synth.. expand on that.

Also read some other accepted apps. This is a good start but just a start. Recommend you withdraw and think a bit
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Promising application, but not there yet.

No need to parrot everyone about the story and the personality because you can read it above.

The story does have quite a few spelling mistakes in it also which I'd like to point out, which is why writing in a document type with a spellchecker is advised.

Combat scenarios answers are fine all be it a little standard.

I would like you to play RO or CT before you apply again next. Synths are sometimes expected to run req alone so you should know it just as well as surgery. Learn what marines want and need.

I would like to see a screenshot of your in game hours to verify what you've said also.

Advice on how to proceed:

Withdraw this application, its not good enough to be accepted but its a step in the right direction. There is no penalty for withdrawing and it doesn't make you look bad either.

Get into the CM community discord, ask for help in the WL-App-Help channel, there are plenty of people who are willing to give it. We can help with your story and personality.

Don't be annoyed or disheartened by all this, just use the helpful resources available to you and then apply again when ready.
    If you have CM brain rot don't talk to me.

Less than polite marine Rob Warraker
    Synthetic Units Rook and Monty
    Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawl was advised weeks ago, and application has not improved to what it needs to be.

If you have CM brain rot don't talk to me.

Less than polite marine Rob Warraker
    Synthetic Units Rook and Monty
    Elite Yautja S'kra K'wii

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The personality needs to be tweaked. It is important to stay away from gift-giving as part of the personality, it is rare a load out has the room for such things. Your story is less of a story and more a collection of quotes without context. Please consider reading stories of accepted applications. The number of times that a synthetic is without the necessary tools is something that happens. Take the time to learn ghetto tools, because you will be asked to do surgery with nothing but a tool belt. For REQ, I highly recommend getting experience running it solo from the start of operation to the end.

Thank you for applying, this application is denied.