Date of Incident
    November 1, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Fesstus Darngo
    Their BYOND Key
    MrDadMan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:20 CST
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I received a note for LRP and grief that I believe mischaracterizes what happened.

I see an LRP store shipside and visit it while waiting for Drop ship. And go visit it. Some nonspecific nonsense about doomsday. Call them scammers and get pepper sprayed out for calling it a scam. Bravo RFN comes down to medbay where I have gone down to inspect myself and tells me about the money from their scam. He suggests we should steal it. IC my character is trying to get a leg up in the rat race. I head back to prep room and grab some smoke nades, a masterkey and a breaching charge. The idea is to break in, steal the money, and then get to the drop ship. My first attempt did not suceed but because I had been shot up by a guy with a nail gun, the MP did not arrest me because I lied and told him that I heard the an explosion and went to investigate. I was then PM'd asking why I shot someone, Logs will show I never hit anyone. And the only time I fired at them was in retaliation of being shot at. He doesn't say anything and I then proceed to attempt to break in again. He then PMs me saying I am being in bad faith since he was busy. How was I supposed to know? He then asks if as an SL do I not have something better to do than to blow up someone's RP shop. Which is a: not what happened, and b: in character with the rp shop. I explain to them that in character the stores money which was 10k dollars, would be able to be used for bribes, since the marine corp does not pay well. So he asks again why am I blowing up someone's store shipside instead of deploying. I then explain to him what my plan with the store was. Break in, steal the money, stash the money in a closet, deploy, and then come back later for the money. I tell him that I had failed to get past step one. He then tells me I am recieving a lrp and grief note and next infraction will lead to a jobban for SL. This does not do a good job at characterizing what had happened. I had been pepper sprayed by the CL in the precense of an MP trying to join the doomsday cult. I get egged on by a bravo RFN to steal the money. Drop ship wasn't here yet. Decided, the money shouldn't be too hard to steal, went in pretending to want to join and locating the money. I then went back to prep and geared up while grabbing some supplies to use to break in. I grab the money but then get shot to death by an MT or OT with a nail gun while trying to get to the drop ship. Get taken to medbay with multiple fractures, and autodocced, MP takes my statement and I miss dorpship or it's not back. So I continue trying to get the money. Head back to the spot and blow open the wall again. This time when I get caught, I actually get arrested. Once I was arrested there was no point for my character to keep trying. I had no intention to grief, and I hate lrp. My ultimate plan was to try and bribe the CO or XO at the end of the round, if I had gotten away with it.

I had been out of combat for at least an hour by this point and alamo was not running as often. I was perfectly content with waiting in the hanger, but then I had been presented with an interesting roleplay goal. I went for it.

Maybe I was being lrp, maybe I was griefing. It wasn't clear since I had been assaulted by a CL, in front of an MP and my character was pissed off. I like roleplay. I used to be a very toxic player, but never had I griefed. As far as the deployment, I thought I was operating with enough leeway since I needed time to gather new supplies. Maybe I need a note for my actions, but the severity describe by the ticket is not accurate to what happened
    Evidence
    the chat logs
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were an SL breaking into a store made by an MT and their friends with explosives instead of deploying and heading back to the frontline where marines still needed you. One of the shopkeepers was a staff member and I reviewed the situation with an online manager. Your duty as SL lied with the frontline, not messing around with shipside staff. You got shot at after blowing into the shop the first time. You go to medbay, get fully treated, then head back to the shop again and do the same thing.

You told me your intention was to break in, steal the money, then go back to the frontline. That's admitting to me you were just breaking in to steal the cash and that's it. That's not rp, that's grief.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Log colors:

Aceroy, the person making the staff report
    Mrdadman, the admin being reported

Logs show several interactions between Aceroy and the people around the shop:

Spoiler Spoiler:

They ended poorly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is where the assumed interaction with a "Bravo RFN" takes place, but I could not find any indication of any extended or non extended conversation or even planning with said Bravo. If you can provide his name, I can add the extent of your interactions with them within the round, but at this point it does not seem like it was anything other than a passing mention of what to do and not an actual scheme. Regardless.

The first break-in occurs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

A smoke grenade is deployed for good measure:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It ends... Poorly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

For what it's worth, Aceroy does indeed try to play dumb:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is when they are DMed first by MrDadMan:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is technically true. They did use a breaching charge and threw a smoke grenade but in the 16 seconds from priming the smoke grenade and being hit by the first nail, Aceroy did indeed not shoot anyone.

Anyway, 2 minutes and 30 seconds after the first Admin DM, Aceroy goes back for more:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This ends... Poorly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And ends in this conversation:

Spoiler Spoiler:

After which MrDadMan applies the note as above.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Of note this was not round start, but rather Aceroy coming back for treatment as an SL and spending 30 minutes engaging in the above.

Again, I was not able to locate any indication of a conversation or broader scheme between Aceroy and any Bravo RFN or anyone else for that matter, but if I knew that characters name I could probably have an easier time of it.

Please mention if there are any other logs to pull for this.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 11-05-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! After reviewing the note placed and the logs for this incident, I do not see anything that indicated this note should be removed or edited.
    Please see Rule 2 Roleplay, Sanity: All personnel employed by the USCM are mentally stable and physically fit for duty. They would not desert their post or go against the USCM without a good reason.

I also want to add, if you see something happening in game which you feel is LRP or out of setting, please do not take matters into your own hands to disrupt it, instead, please reach out to staff who will be able to investigate and properly handle the situation. Thank you!