User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on how to make MPs better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow the MPs to resolve their IC conflicts without staff involvement. Take away the MPs and let the staff deal with the problems. If the staff is always stepping in to resolve conflicts between MPs and marines, what is the purpose of MP? (This is IC. But I suppose staff will intervene if a marine starts shooting MPs at random for no apparent reason. Staff members should learn to keep their distance when it comes to arrest. I am aware that people who play MPs will complain about the fact that marines are attempting to protect their friends from arrest, but who is to blame for being a BALD MP who cannot handle those individuals and will beg for assistance for it and then it will be considered breaking the rule? Stupid skill problems. Random players shouldn't be allowed to play MPs.

But screw it, get rid of the MPs, and let the staff handle the problems because they constantly getting involved.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Allow the MPs to resolve their IC conflicts without staff involvement. Take away the MPs and let the staff deal with the problems. If the staff is always stepping in to resolve conflicts between MPs and marines, what is the purpose of MP? (This is IC. But I suppose staff will intervene if a marine starts shooting MPs at random for no apparent reason. Staff members should learn to keep their distance when it comes to arrest. I am aware that people who play MPs will complain about the fact that marines are attempting to protect their friends from arrest, but who is to blame for being a BALD MP who cannot handle those individuals and will beg for assistance for it and then it will be considered breaking the rule? Stupid skill problems. Random players shouldn't be allowed to play MPs.

But screw it, get rid of the MPs, and let the staff handle the problems because they constantly getting involved.
    That's also true. In an ideal world, or one at least where I could snap my figures and undo the stigma of the MPs over the last couple of years. I would love to see the staff protection go and our rules regarding round-start shenanigans become lax again so that the Military Police have some level of purpose and reason to exist. They've been in a failure state way too long to be salvaged, and even the more latest efforts to make them more accessible and useful lately haven't really amounted to that much. They don't have a net value to bring to the round, and they're even outdone by the potential of a fricking Maintenance Tech to be useful.

It's time to see em' go.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.. mps need to stay. Because if we don't have mps.. all "crime" will have to be handled by staff. And with some of the notes floating around... that's the last thing we need.

I don't want to play a game where you get bwoinked for breaking windows or fighting someone.

Even as shitty as they are. Mps serve a role. And that's to allow staff an excuse to not intervene because "handled icc"
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.