User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on how to make MPs better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow the MPs to resolve their IC conflicts without staff involvement. Take away the MPs and let the staff deal with the problems. If the staff is always stepping in to resolve conflicts between MPs and marines, what is the purpose of MP? (This is IC. But I suppose staff will intervene if a marine starts shooting MPs at random for no apparent reason. Staff members should learn to keep their distance when it comes to arrest. I am aware that people who play MPs will complain about the fact that marines are attempting to protect their friends from arrest, but who is to blame for being a BALD MP who cannot handle those individuals and will beg for assistance for it and then it will be considered breaking the rule? Stupid skill problems. Random players shouldn't be allowed to play MPs.

But screw it, get rid of the MPs, and let the staff handle the problems because they constantly getting involved.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Allow the MPs to resolve their IC conflicts without staff involvement. Take away the MPs and let the staff deal with the problems. If the staff is always stepping in to resolve conflicts between MPs and marines, what is the purpose of MP? (This is IC. But I suppose staff will intervene if a marine starts shooting MPs at random for no apparent reason. Staff members should learn to keep their distance when it comes to arrest. I am aware that people who play MPs will complain about the fact that marines are attempting to protect their friends from arrest, but who is to blame for being a BALD MP who cannot handle those individuals and will beg for assistance for it and then it will be considered breaking the rule? Stupid skill problems. Random players shouldn't be allowed to play MPs.

But screw it, get rid of the MPs, and let the staff handle the problems because they constantly getting involved.
    That's also true. In an ideal world, or one at least where I could snap my figures and undo the stigma of the MPs over the last couple of years. I would love to see the staff protection go and our rules regarding round-start shenanigans become lax again so that the Military Police have some level of purpose and reason to exist. They've been in a failure state way too long to be salvaged, and even the more latest efforts to make them more accessible and useful lately haven't really amounted to that much. They don't have a net value to bring to the round, and they're even outdone by the potential of a fricking Maintenance Tech to be useful.

It's time to see em' go.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.. mps need to stay. Because if we don't have mps.. all "crime" will have to be handled by staff. And with some of the notes floating around... that's the last thing we need.

I don't want to play a game where you get bwoinked for breaking windows or fighting someone.

Even as shitty as they are. Mps serve a role. And that's to allow staff an excuse to not intervene because "handled icc"
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the MP removal test showed that MPs have no place in this game and the fact the MP discord-metacabal had to perform false-flag reqline shootings to justify their own existence further reinforces that
    it is an admin sanctioned griefer role

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with MPs is that they do not help the marines at all other than when the dropship is boarded with an alien or similar. In my opinion, they should be able to contribute to the round in one way or another.

In their current states MPs mostly sit around for most of the round staring at the crew manifest while waiting for something to happen. Whenever I play CMP or MP, I find myself getting bored out of player interactions, and spend most of my time in Medbay chatting away. Long story short MPs do not get a lot of anything to do, they do not help the marines or the operation in any way. I know that they are meant to resolve IC issues so the admins have less to do, but they really need a remake. If MPs had a way to actually help the round and its progress outside of arrests and sitting around, such as guarding the FOB, being able to assist in the back lines, etc, they really do not do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove them, so MP players is forced to play as marines and actualy contribute to a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a CMP main, i think that removing the jail time for petty crimes and enforcing more NJP, and letting the MPs actually solve major crimes would be great! it would make people hate us a whole lot less for brigging specs and make us look good by solving issues that EVERYONE really does hate. recently a marine busted into CIC and tried to gun down the XO, and before we could actually do anything, he was sleeped. i would have loved to actually handle that case, but it was too late.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaying CM I don't really see the MP as an issue as much as people seems to claim them to be. I think they're fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mainly play marine, so I'm not very fond of MPs either, but I kind of wish the admins were more hands-off with certain things. I've always hated RP servers on any game where doing something bad just results in an insta-ban, and it makes me question why they even bother having fake police roles.

That said, I'm kind of glad MPs exist? They more or less have to, otherwise it would just be constant obnoxious staff involvement over petty little things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the role itself or it's capability to deal with IC problems (Marine law and SOP).

I have played MP. Played both side of the law. Played with awesome MP players who know how to "play with you" not against you. Already been brigged at totally fine with it.

And there is (I'm gonna be totally honest in this, because that's how I feel about it) there are people who behave sickly in this role. Their only addiction and creativity is to find a way to piss off as many players as possible. As long as possible and in the most disgusting way possible.

These people are not playing to "enforce the law". They're just there to ruin other people's rounds. Some get bad over time and end up getting kicked out of the role (Over and over and over and they will always repeat the same shit, they never learn). Others excel quickly in the art of annoying the world without ever being caught by moderation.

The solution for me to this problem: MP whitelist.

Only those who have fully absorbed the concept of "Enforce the law and play with the community, not against the community" will be able to have the whitelist. Interviews and +1 and -1 just like mentors applications.

And those who switch to the sickly side of being an MP and pissing off the world : get off the whitelist for good. Don't come back anymore.

Being whitelisted by staff to play MP. Or being a random guy who played as AFK as Cadet to unlock the job is a big difference.