User Tag List

Thread: BCV - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BCV - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Thebarney
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Joseph "Moth" Biell
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    REF-02SEP2022-P256XA
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    SiliencerPL
    Total Ban Duration
    Pernament
    Remaining Duration
    Pernament
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None that i am aware of
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Excessive Salt harassment and 18 plus
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    All right, let's begin with stating that I wrote it on 04-09-2022 to make sure I got everything still firmly in mind. I already tell you guys that this is going to be quite lengthy so if you don't have time to read all I wrote it's OK, the ban is fully deserved, and let me explain why.

So, once you pull my notes you're going to notice that it's quite lengthy, last time I checked there were 28 or 29 notes. I am no stranger to bad behavior I won't lie and I was already given leniency (something that reestablished my faith in CM admins ), and well, pretty much salt and harassment was the thing I was banned for before and well, here I stand again.

So let's begin with excessive salt and harassment, and I need to address the elephant in the room if anyone still remembers the message I sent on staff-help some time ago. I said that this all was an elaborate act. While I said that i "mostly" trolled and I want to emphasize "mostly". So, to summarize what I said. I tried to convey that most of the salt that I have shown was, not salt or an attempt to harass an individual, but an act to entertain people, and I firmly stand by this that everything I wrote after one or two minutes of nagging on someone was written not with an angry face but a smile, and I will be honest with you (even if that lessens my chances of getting in), I enjoyed it , why? let me explain.
    I always loved being the center of attention (I believe most of the mods are familiar with my UPP messages back in December and January where I got little time of fame doing spy RP)and frankly, this is something that eats me both in real life and online it seems. Especially lately I've been getting more angry irl due to big failure on my side more frustrated and for lack of a better word, tired, I was playing a lot of CM to numb this pain, and then one time I wrote some kind of copypasta (i believe it was after 15.08), I outright broke many rules in it and haven't got even bwoinked.
    While I wrote lengthy copypastas before. I must admit this one time, with all that I lived through this month I thought to myself. "Hey, people are copypasting it, it's quite fun". And so I began salting most of the time I got killed by xenomorphs with increasing ferocity and I was pretty much testing how much I can allow myself to break rules until I get bwoinked. In the end, I got noted once or twice and kept going. I was never threatened with a ban or anything so I must admit, I not only allowed more from myself but added up the stress I had in real life, I also started to use CM as a medium to vent my frustration for a minute, then thinking of what could I write to sound as ridiculous as I can so people can laugh on me and me on their reaction, the symbiotic relationship.

By the about 25'th I realized that I was doing that daily and well, started that notice that more or less consciously I project what I pained most in my real life to CM. I was too deep to stop so I kept going, and intentionally at this point writing copypastas even when I was not angry to 'pick on' Xeno players that I in my act hated as hell!, and started dropping hints to staff and others that this is a joke (at that point before I self-reflected I was not fully aware of how much I vented there). what I am essentially saying is that the first few messages I vented onto players by insulting them, once anger wore off (i am not the type that's angry and aggressive on anything for more than 1-2 minutes, really), then started clogging dchat or discord to see people reactions. Something that in hindsight was both my way to vent and to entertain people. as I saw sporadically that people simply called me out (and rightfully so) on trolling. That increased my feeling of being the 'mascot' of the server and that my behavior was acceptable at least in our 'inside' community (i thought of it as an 'in-joke' that I am a salty, sweaty onesider.) and so I kept going.
    Also, I would like to note that I have NOT HARASSED ANY PLAYER in DM's. I joked about it, and I made many jokes, but I never stalked or harassed someone in their DM's to the point where they told me to go or to stop. I can say that I maybe DM'd in anger like 3-4 people a past year and I don't believe any of them have any pains about me doing it. In other words, I decided to check server boundaries the hard way and got burned , in a way that caused me to both lower myself before others by entertaining them like a clown and also using harsh language and demeaning some players to feel better, in the end, is an act, a fun way to make people laugh and to vent my pent-up pain.

Now let's talk about that insider part of my joke. I want to note that I was popular on the server in a way. Establishing contacts with regular marine players (since I played almost exclusively marines), not only
    with players but also with mods. Okay, why I am saying this? I do not intend to allude or speak in any way that if someone is popular they should be treated differently on merit I know people, and that's a really bad thing in real life but also here. I want to notice that I am part of the CM community and not only now I try to actively rejoin it, I know people and I want to play with them and keep our contacts together, this puts me on a list that says "Damn I want to play this game, I'd rather not get banned again", and naturally I shall join that little funky theoretical list as well. Because community is not only funny but also brought me several colleagues and friends from servers that not only I keep contact beyond CM discord, but also regularly play Alien RPG with.

Now onto 18+ references. I take you guys are mostly referring to something I wrote in character like 3 or 4 times, something that I believe is deemed unacceptable. And looking at it now, from the knowledge I have learned now. I can tell you that I understand why such action was taken. I used words such as rape, and furthered it with some remarks about how am I going to murder the queen, something along the lines of "I AM GOING TO RAPE YOU BITCH I AM GOING TO SLIT YOUR THROAT AND MURDER YOU FUCK YOU", and other nonsensical gibberish. Now to explain this part I believe I must say that my OOC 'persona' of how I was edgelord that is edgy insulting sweaty onesider, started to influence my characters, not that I never liked xenomorphs in-game, but most certainly didn't express it as much as I did.
    While from an IC standpoint it makes the most sense, me seeing that old screenshot with them saying, I believe saying "Niggers" or some other kind of racist slur along these lines on Reddit and then being reassured by some mod that IC racism is okay, made my mind click few times and so I decided that roleplaying marine saying that he will "rape' the queen is not only fitting for 2184 marine who deals with xenomorphs but also the fact that I watched some war movies such as "Apocalypse now", "Jarhead", or "Generation lost", really printed that image in my head that marines are these somewhat dumb guys who will insult enemies in most obscene and inappropriate ways during or before combat.
    I also wish to inform mods that I never DESCRIBED HOW I WILL RAPE THE QUEEN, I don't remember the exact contents of my comment on queen but I believe that I never NEVER graphically described sexual interaction between marine and queen in a way that would be ERP, gore and blood kind of stuff, saying and expressing how much I hate the queen? I did write that, and if that's an issue I see no problem with that. If I did that, then I solemnly apologize because it was not my intention and I never would break the ERP rule on CM, I HATE ERP. If admins would have contacted me or at least made a remark about how that is unacceptable, I would stop to not get banned, simple. While I haven't stopped in other things, threatening to break the 18+ rule is something I would NOT do.

So, I would like to present another important issue. In my time on the server, I have gained a reputation as someone who cares about lore and roleplay standards, while I understand that OOC actions that I performed are not related to this albeit I would like to notice that I am simply invested in CM lore and that I do like to play it, I like to create a character that I established on the server and that I maintained it so people know it.
    I have such character and I would HATE to lose it that adds up to another reason why I could and why I would like to improve. I have character and I want him to remain in the history of the server, just like Carson, Windhealer, Grub, Parker, etc., I made lore files on my character on forums to further the RP and
    that proves that I am no LRP shitter who comes on the server to grief, but because I WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN IT, and I WANT to be part of it. If allowed I will even pursue getting the CO whitelist as soon as I get the required hours and I'll be allowed to do so, so I can keep being HRP and a valuable player that is not only somewhat liked by some people but also because I simply like to be HRP.

Furthermore, I wish to state one thing. I believed and somewhat still believe that my actions such as salt and harassing were a big act to make people laugh. I wish to tell you that now that I told people it all was trolling, it's simply not funny or entertaining for anyone to continue down this path. And so, I won't do that. I will not stay on that path and won't break rules like that. Because I might have walked past the column, but the disciplinary swipe that you guys bestowed upon me was effective. I won't do that because I can stop
    and because I was disciplined by gaining a ban , and b ecause i do wish to keep myself in community i like so much.

Ending this appeal, I solemnly promise that if you allow me back in , each time i think of insuling someone out of character , i'll think twice , and conclusion will always be "it's not worth it". And i will to my best to keep to rules.

thank you for reading this.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal is being denied. The general consensus was that not enough time has passed since your ban was placed and you need more time to consider your actions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much time do you believe i need?