User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N/A - WL Battlefield execution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While waiting for more updated logs, I can throw in some stuff.

The XO had to handle an appeal for the MST in the brig, and they locked down the CIC when I notifed that the greenos was hostile (they were not actually locked out, but locked in; since I was standing next to them)

The ship announcements was for ARES (they kept turning the condition of the ship red each and every time a xeno was on there, so I wanted to see if admins can turn it off since it was quite annoying), the second time was someone shooting out all the CIC windows… again

The announcement stating ARES investigation was sent as a shipwide rather then a actual announcement and I was trying to relay it (so not many people would see that relations between the WY and USCM was at an all time low cause of the CMO was feeding the whole PMC team to the green xeno)

I was also watching the security cameras while a MP was watching me (they informed me of my arrest and told the XO about it but that they were waiting for further orders from the CO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the updated logs I am waiting to respond to also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra logs to provide context for everything/what was missed:

Why CE initially started commanding
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Why CE was calling green xenos hostile
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Clarification from CE sending XO away to instead XO leaving to handle an appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO tells an MP to not arrest the CE, then CO comes shipside and BE's the CE
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna banter, but just gonna state my side one more time with the provided logs.

I took command (under the chain of command; i.e no SOs was present, and the CIC cannot be left unattended while the XO cryos), and performed my actions up until a new XO arrived. Within the 10 minutes, the XO was called to the brig, and while being called I received a notice from the PMC SL that the greenos was capping humanoids (with visual confirmation via security cameras), so I made a judgement call and declared them hostile (since obvious reasons why when you're dealing with a species that you're also fighting groundside but just genetically modified in a sense).

I then quickly back tracked when I got confirmation that it wasn't USCM personnel, although the PMC SL was not quite happy with that statement (since they were posted at the CIC with me), after the XO arrived to CIC (In no way was I trying to forcefully take command, and even stated that countless times) I was notified by a MP while I was watching the whole PMC squad getting capped that there is a arrest issued for me from the CO. I gladly accepted to be arrested, and was willingly complying with the MP. Although the MP told me that the CO belayed that order, and so, I was patiently waiting for the CO to arrive, up until he wordlessly came up to me and started blasting.

I also would like to state the ARES announcements was shipside and I was trying to warn the CO about the CMOs actions against the PMCs, but as logs stated, the CO was aware of what was happening and allowed it to happen after I backtracked on my statement.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The justification for the Battlefield Execution - which is the core subject of this report - was determined by the CO Council to be, ultimately, valid. The CO, at the time, perceived you to be a threat to the operation, attempting to stir discontent by telling everyone that the corrupted Xenos were hostile when they actually weren't. Even if this wasn't the intent in reality, conflicting information like this would likely have led to Marines beginning to turn on the corrupted Xenos and all hell breaking loose afterward, because of your announcements. This would be classified as a threat to the operation's integrity, something which the CO has a duty to uphold.

Your continued commanding was also against the wishes of the CO, who wanted the XO to take up the mantle instead of you. Ideally the XO should have delegated you to handle the appeal instead of themselves doing it, however that doesn't change the order the CO issued that demanded you to step down. You didn't comply, and that's why the arrest order, and subsequent BE, was made.

To summarize: the CO, from his perspective, saw that you were falsely calling the corrupted Xenos hostile, true intent unknown, and that after he had asked the XO to take command and for you to step down, you continued issuing announcements, prompting the CO to believe you were going against his orders and intending to damage the operation. These combined are legal grounds for a battlefield execution as defined by the CO Code of Conduct - "Someone is attempting to overthrow, overrule or otherwise undermine your command or the CIC's command."

The method of the battlefield execution was not standard and will be investigated by the Council separately.

In the meantime, however, this report is denied.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump