User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musely - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musely - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Musley
    Character Name?
    Rex Texas
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Grimcad
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    N/A
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    Specific report concerning overzealous MP action in enacting CO commands
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    It exists, don't have access to it due to new forum
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    So I'll just quote Grimcad's rationale for banning first.

-----

Alright. So this one is a little bit tricky but I am going to be breaking it down.

When Carson ordered you to keep the marines in the FOB it was a valid order at the time. However I believed that the actions taken were not the actions that a reasonable MP would take, and that the order became invalid very shortly after issued due to the proximity of the Xeno force. I think this is best show in these two lines.
    [19:33:56]ATTACK: Kennard 'Trap' Davis (littleblast) shot the Elder Ravager (461) (sverd) with a rifle bullet in the Hospital
    [19:33:56]ATTACK: Grady Molina (slduggy) shot Kennard 'Trap' Davis (littleblast) with a taser bolt in the Hospital
    No matter the order an MP would, and should not, tase someone in the middle of fighting a hostile force. This is further supported by Marine Law. "Should there be hostiles in the vicinity, the MP is required to abort the arrest and move to a secure area."

It is fine to try to keep Marines in the FOB. But the moment Hostiles start to approach the FOB, it becomes and unsafe area and the order is thrown out the window in the best interests of safety.

Teargassing the marines while the area is under attack is the same. Hostile forces are in the area, do not take any measures that would harm your own side. The only thing you are doing is attacking your own force.
    Something similar applies to teargassing them to get them to move out of the FOB. This is not WWII Russia. This is not the Warhammer 40k Universe. You do not injure your own in order to get them to go where you want them to be.

The charge of attempted murder on Kennard 'Trap' Davis was false. Assault, yes. Attempted murder no. It could have been a legitimate accident. But with everything else going around at the time, and the fact that you only reneged on the charge when you were bwoinked by an admin, I am inclined to believe it was not.

In summary I believe both MPs went too far and were too zealous in the enforcing of an order made by the Captain. As both MPs have notes relating to MP issues. Both players in question will receive MP and CMP bans.

-----

And then I'll clip together my conversation with Grimcad regarding the ban from discord.

-----

Me: "i did nothing questionable, never gassed a marine, never stunned near xenos, in fact when xenos were near i was actively trying to engage them with lethals (as seen by accidental ff of a marine near the rav). can you please reconsider? i always play mp with the idea in mind that when xeno threat is imminent i don�t enforce law/arrest
    just find it all very unfortunate considering on that case alone, i did nothing wrong, but like with the shotgun ban, my name gets lumped in"

Grimcad: "But. You did tear gas marines. [19:39:41]ATTACK: Unknown (as Rex Texas) (musely) primed a M66 teargas grenade (JMP)
    [19:39:43]GAME: A chemical smoke reaction has taken place in (Northwest Colony Grounds|36, 148)[ Condensed Capsaicin ]. Last associated key is Musely."

Me: "i�d also add even in defense of the cmp, we weren�t teargassing to keep them put of fob, but denying areas beyond barricades with gas to keep them back, which for my part, didn�t gas anyone
    thats the only situation i teargassed at all
    would just kindly ask for a little reconsideration and leniency of your part
    i�d also just add as far as kennard, i didn�t levy the charge, i just saw he was wanted for that charge and arrested. if he wasn�t in that state, i wouldn�t have looked twice at him
    and i only pursued him within the fob/lz"

-----

I would specifically ask that people don't chime in with their opinions of how they view me as a shitter because I brigged them for breaking the law, etc. I min sentence, I give warnings before I arrest, and I don't "softgrief". The person who made the appeal and several people who have put notes on me, on discord, have said they'd love to see me banned and hate my guts, etc. Very biased. It seems to me as though, in this case, not only did I get lumped in with the CMP in terms of gassing marines, which I myself didn't do, only denying areas beyond barricades with gas, but also was banned from a perspective that wasn't accurate to the situation on the ground, ie. gassing areas beyond marine control to keep marines in, rather than out of the FOB, and myself not actually gassing a single marine, but gassing areas to keep marines out. I arrested a marine for being wanted for a major crime, which is standard procedure.

I think this ban came about through a misunderstanding of the details surrounding the situation, and had maybe one note on me prior to this ban since the last job ban in the MP role?
    Last edited by Musely; 03-11-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ckey listed is incorrect, correct ckey is 'Musely'.

Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I personally cannot support this appeal at the time, you've got a huge number of MP notes, and your last MP ban was only recently lifted. I really dislike this note, in particular: "Sort of Skirted the lines of Rule 3 being a dick. Ordered Marines to call him sir or fuck you maggot. Started Marking everyone for insub when they followed his order. Warning. | Mon, March 4th of 2019"

TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    Ckey listed is incorrect, correct ckey is 'Musely'.

Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I personally cannot support this appeal at the time, you've got a huge number of MP notes, and your last MP ban was only recently lifted. I really dislike this note, in particular: "Sort of Skirted the lines of Rule 3 being a dick. Ordered Marines to call him sir or fuck you maggot. Started Marking everyone for insub when they followed his order. Warning. | Mon, March 4th of 2019"

Again, grossly misrepresented incident. Why would I order my marines to call me a "fuck you maggot". I said something along the lines of "call me sir or fuck you maggot" and the marines ran with it. Common sense should dictate that wasn't as simple as people memed. The fact I got noted for that is ridiculous, but the person who noted me didn't care to listen. edit: also, that was in regards to the SO role, which is seperate to the MP job ban.
    Last edited by Musely; 03-11-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was there for most of the round.

You and the other MP were over zealous and although it was chaotic, it was determined a screw up happened. However you have a significant history of bad MP behavior and a jobban that was recently unbanned. However as I am supporting a unban for sluggy I would support a unban for you, but only from MP and not CMP.

You go away beyond with playing MP, and I think you need to chill out and not be such a hardass MP. Or if you're gonna be a hard ass, make sure all your P and Qs are in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your position, and certainly even though I didn't gas marines and only denied areas using gas, that may have been overzealous and we may have got carried away with things in trying to carry out the COs orders. I think I've been fairly diligent in making sure not to go too hard as an MP. As I've said, since my unban, I've always been careful to warn before arrest, always min sentence and follow procedure to the letter. I don't pretzel rules any longer and do take care to balance the law with common sense such as in delta situations or where the alien threat is imminent. Taking for example my arrest of the wanted marine at FOB, it was only within FOB and where aliens were not present or even nearby. He was mostly running around LZ, far behind allied lines.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its regarding the Fuck you maggot note. You dont seem entirely remorseful in the slightest. And this is way too soon for you to appeal an mp jobban. -1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say let the ban sit for a little longer. Hopefully it will give you time to reflect on how you act as MP -1.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    If its regarding the Fuck you maggot note. You dont seem entirely remorseful in the slightest. And this is way too soon for you to appeal an mp jobban. -1
    Remorseful for a note that, even after explaining the context of what happened, was written as if I had ordered marines to call my SO a "fuck you maggot?" For real? The only thing I regret is being heavy-handed with marking for insub. Also, this appeal was made later than the other MP who was involved in the same job ban incident's appeal. I was under the assumption too that MP job bans only dealt with MP-related notes, don't know why an SO note is being brought up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to say that this ban is too fresh to appeal, there are clearly some issues here that needs to be resolved, be it that you need to read and learn more about Marine Law and then try in the future...I think that if you can go a month without getting any new notes and being active, I think this appeal could Potentially get a better response. For now however I wont support this appeal due to it being too recent.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that while a jobban may have been a harsh punishment for the particular offence, your general manner towards players when you are an MP needs massive improvement. Shape up without getting any new notes for a while and I'll support the lifting of your MP Jobban
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001