Date of Incident
    November 13, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    KU-G4
    Their BYOND Key
    Podrick Equus
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:40
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I burst out of a marine on the almayer in mid round, and then proceeded to terrorize the marines aboard as a runner. I ran through alpha prep and killed a marine there as one of my victims. Sometime after I had been killed Podrick Equus pmed me notifying me that I had broken a rule.

"Hey, it is against the rules for (pre-hijack) shipside xenos to attack players fresh out of cryo before they can get equipped."

When I asked for the exact rule break I commited he couldnt give me a definite answer because its an unwritten rule.

" I don't recall the exact rule but I am 100% sure that shipside xenos shouldn't attack players fresh out of cryo.

He then noted me for it despite it being my first offense, and it being an unwritten rule. I realize it was not very cool of me to do, but the entire ship was hunting me and I wanted to inflict as much damage as I could while I could. I understand why its not a good thing to do, and I apologize to the player in question if you're reading this. I just think a note is exceptional considering everything, and I wouldnt care apart from the fact it would squander my active dev application.

Asking note be removed, and the rule be written down.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add more info: I want to note I entered the alpha prep area (the area west of their cryo/mess) and there were two marines in there. One had gotten his uniform and had a knife, I attacked and killed this one... the other was naked and I avoided harming him. This is all despite not knowing any rule regarding attacking fresh marines. I was there less than a minute and immediately left the area once I had put the knife marine into crit. He WAS armed at least with a knife and I wasnt camping the area for easy kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info has come to light: I've been told marines exiting cryo on red alert are equipped with mod 88s and MREs. I cannot verify the ship was on red alert at the time though since I was pipe crawling and constantly switching castes, but this should be clear in the logs. If this is the case the marine I killed would have been equipped with a weapon on top of the knife he had just dispensed from the vendor he was at when I attacked.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy there,

Firstly, I hold no ill towards you for reacting the way you have. Getting noted for a rule that seemingly doesn't exist is frustrating and quite frankly unfair. One of the things that we're expected to do as staff is to note rule breaks, however minor they are, in case they happen again in the future. The problem here was that a rule that I and many other staff members believed to exist wasn't where I thought it was. Shortly after I had placed the note on you and confirmed that the specific rule was not actually written down anywhere, I brought both of these facts to the attention of management.

Since I am not management, I will leave the resolution of this matter to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go ahead and resolve this staff report before the logs are pulled. There has been a long standing rule that xenomorphs cannot attack gearing up marines. However, this rule is not currently fit for purpose due to the repo update that allows for marines to start with a mod 88.

Because Podrick had no way of knowing that this rule was oudated, and you had no way of knowing what you did was still considered a rulebreak, I will be removing the note Podrick placed.

Podrick hasn't acted incorrectly here, but you are right in saying that the rule wasn't signposted. I will clarify the rule for admins and I apologise for the confusion it caused.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 11-14-2022 at 10:08 PM.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will also be looking into if a specific ruling needs to be put in place to stop xenos hunting marines in prep on green or blue alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some discussion the easiest clarification was chosen to be the previous one: https://discord.com/channels/1503155...46751948177418