Discord Username?
    Alfonzo#9014

CM Character?
    Quindal Bianl, XY

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-25

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, am moderating a server I own now.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TGMC, Paradise, Goon

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Server i own

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Discord Ban, appealed.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Paradise and goon ban, both perm but both appealed.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate what happened, check logs, unless someone attacked him first, would anote if new or ban if obvious smurf, aheal all those injured.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Im not a Predatie so send that stuff to Yautja Council or player report

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Spawn in IC as a SEA if i can or get a mentor to help.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him that if he has a issue with how I moderate then to make a staff report and then apologize.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Open a ahelp thing for them and tell them they should change their name next round and ill do it for them this round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Its not againist rules but is a SOP Violation. Unless the person is griefing, ill let it go.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If the survivor was CLF or other hostile survivor faction, they are fine with attacking the marines as long as they state their allegiance and intentions. If not thats griefing and ill aheal the marine killed and anote the killer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    If the MP did arrest the player for that then ill probably send a fax as Provost saying that the MP over stepped their boundaries within the law. I doubt it was just that though so I would check logs before hand.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Subtle Message marines about low enemy counts and QM the aliens to regroup and try to reestablish the hive for new spawns and to end this.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Instantly asleep them, im not one to allow grief. Ask them why they are allowing them to die and preventing revives, will probably ban unless chemistry fucked up chem wise which ill deal with chem.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORD does not apply to hostile factions.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Anote, RP Expectation violation.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Anote, RP Expectation, aheal the dead marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If the mutiny is "Valid" (Has a good reason) ill allow it to continue (stuff like CO being a dumbass, XO causing a kamikaze push etc). I would just ahelp the instigator to not do that without permission. If there is no reason then ill send a riot team and anote the instigator/leader.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Verbal warn the 9 with a ahelp, could be funny but not acceptable.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal injured and those killed and get a ban on the shooter, file for them to get a perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Anote, apply them for Larva/CB Ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Anote, RP expectation

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It is not LRP to call a dropship a dropship, xeno language is just the literal english translated thoughts of xenos.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Unless he states its XX-121, then i would ignore it,as it could be anything like a farwa infestation. I would anote if it is stated its Xenos.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If this was the last pod and xenos were encroaching, i could understand. If it was 8:58 and xenos havent crashlanded but evac has been ordered, thats just grief.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ive been a salty asshole a few times so I would just tell the player to calm down and leave it at that, shrimple as.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Mark as IC and explain that he could of told other marines he was going SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    MChat and explain how they messed up.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Im not a ruling authority on this and on the rules, they should resolve it with higher ups.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    More staff are needed and I wanna be a janitorial staff member to help reduce the workload

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Competience, Good Work Ethic, Unbiased

Anything else you want to add?
    hi!
    Last edited by XOSKELETION; 11-16-2022 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling errors and typos hopefully fixed (thank you schalk for pointing it out, you da goat)

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks hastily written and is riddled with typos. And there are concerns about your past notes and discord ban. So i'm afraid i'm going to be giving this a -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your opinion, I have just noticed the typos and will fix them now. :thumbs:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea who you are, as in I’ve never seen you before and I don’t think I’ve ever seen you talk in discord. Your account is also 2 months old, which tells me you’re pretty new to CM. I don’t think it’s wise to have new players be given moderation powers nor do I think this application is especially strong. Though, that being said, this is finally a mod app that isn’t literally just copied and pasted answers which is genuinely a good thing.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks c4xmaniac for your opinion fren!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could, could you please provide a picture or something of your in-game playtimes for human and xeno?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecharge123 View Post
    If you could, could you please provide a picture or something of your in-game playtimes for human and xeno?
    60H Human
    Rifleman:15.3
    SCT: 11.2
    CL: 8.5
    OT:4.4
    SWS:3.8
    MT:3.3
    SS:3.3
    PO:3
    VC:2.9
    MP:1.7
    Nuese: 1.5
    MP Cadet: 1

27.2 Xeno
    Queen: 9.5
    Bloody Larba,3.2
    Rounie:2.9
    Lurker:2
    Warrior:1.8
    Defender:1.8
    Sentinel: 1.6
    Spitter: 1.2
    Ravager:0.9
    Drone:0.6
    Hivelord:0.6
    Boiler:0.6
    Praetorian:0,4
    Crusher:0.2
    Facehugger:0.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XOSKELETION View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate what happened, check logs, unless someone attacked him first, would anote if new or ban if obvious smurf, aheal all those injured.
    Decent answer.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Im not a Predatie so send that stuff to Yautja Council or player report
    Decent answer.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Spawn in IC as a SEA if i can or get a mentor to help.
    Decent answer.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him that if he has a issue with how I moderate then to make a staff report and then apologize.
    Decent answer.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Open a ahelp thing for them and tell them they should change their name next round and ill do it for them this round.
    Decent answer.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Its not againist rules but is a SOP Violation. Unless the person is griefing, ill let it go.
    Decent answer.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If the survivor was CLF or other hostile survivor faction, they are fine with attacking the marines as long as they state their allegiance and intentions. If not thats griefing and ill aheal the marine killed and anote the killer.
    Decent answer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    If the MP did arrest the player for that then ill probably send a fax as Provost saying that the MP over stepped their boundaries within the law. I doubt it was just that though so I would check logs before hand.
    Decent answer.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Subtle Message marines about low enemy counts and QM the aliens to regroup and try to reestablish the hive for new spawns and to end this.
    Decent idea, bad in practice; you shouldn't use SM to talk about numbers. If you wanted to do that, you can just use an announcement.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Instantly asleep them, im not one to allow grief. Ask them why they are allowing them to die and preventing revives, will probably ban unless chemistry fucked up chem wise which ill deal with chem.
    Wrong.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORD does not apply to hostile factions.
    Decent answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Anote, RP Expectation violation.
    Bad answer.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Anote, RP Expectation, aheal the dead marine.
    Wrong.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If the mutiny is "Valid" (Has a good reason) ill allow it to continue (stuff like CO being a dumbass, XO causing a kamikaze push etc). I would just ahelp the instigator to not do that without permission. If there is no reason then ill send a riot team and anote the instigator/leader.
    Bad answer, but your intentions here are good.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Verbal warn the 9 with a ahelp, could be funny but not acceptable.
    Wrong. I believe you misinterpreted the question; the question is directed that around one person is making the comments and the rest are laughing. Your verdict here is not sufficient either.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal injured and those killed and get a ban on the shooter, file for them to get a perma.
    Decent answer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Anote, apply them for Larva/CB Ban.
    Wrong.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen
    Anote, RP expectation
    Bad answer.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It is not LRP to call a dropship a dropship, xeno language is just the literal english translated thoughts of xenos.
    Decent answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Unless he states its XX-121, then i would ignore it,as it could be anything like a farwa infestation. I would anote if it is stated its Xenos.
    Decent answer.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If this was the last pod and xenos were encroaching, i could understand. If it was 8:58 and xenos havent crashlanded but evac has been ordered, thats just grief.
    Decent answer.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ive been a salty asshole a few times so I would just tell the player to calm down and leave it at that, shrimple as.
    Decent answer.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Mark as IC and explain that he could of told other marines he was going SSD.
    Bad answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    MChat and explain how they messed up.
    Decent answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Im not a ruling authority on this and on the rules, they should resolve it with higher ups.
    Decent answer.

Overall, here's what I think:

Your application is lackluster. It doesn't show effort, personal understanding of our rules, nor how staff handle situations. It just seems to be that you did basic research into these questions and gave answers that were near sufficient. Along with those reasons and your behavior on the discord, you display that you have some knowledge that a staff member would need, but you have yet to prove that you are trustworthy for the role. I do not have faith you'd be good to bring onto the team. -1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for even taking the time to look, i approciate it greatly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall your answers are lacking. Your hours also seem to show you are still pretty new to the CM community and are not ready to step up and moderate. I do heavily suggest in taking time in getting more time in CM, however this is personal opinion. For now this is a -1. I look forwards in seeing any further applications in the future and seeing improvements