Date of Incident
    November 16, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Nasoki 'Coward' Chen
    Their BYOND Key
    Schalkguy
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    around 12:00 (unsure)
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I was frontline bravo SG fighting at a choke point with a few other marines. There was a delta SG next time me and I yelled at them to target walls with me due to the queens eye being active. They responded with "I'm not wasting my ammo on that shit" and I respond with (I may have said nigga here before) "you have 100 rounds (not even the correct amount they have much more). He tells me to shut up and calls me a rookie, I respond with the word "nigga". The round continues and about five minutes later reflective walls go up. The delta SG fired at one and I yelled at him not to. (I'm not sure if these are the exact events that lead up to him hitting me with the SG gun but logs will show it).

The Delta SG wordlessly starts hitting me with the SG gun which does about enough damage to break a limb after two hits (I tested this on my own after an argument with Schalkguy saying he posed no threat to me). I'm fighting xenos and taking damage from them, and he's hitting me with a weapon that can do enough damage to get me capped easily. I respond in opening fire on him with my own SG and kill him. I hit two bystanders in the process on accident, a few marines go "What the fuck dude" and the round goes on. I really believe this was proper escalation on my part as a SG gun can be counted as a knife even though it does a bit less damage, it definitely does more damage than a fist. I defended myself from someone who decided to hit me with it on the frontline and put me at risk.

I get a pm from Schalkguy later in the round and the pm turns into an argument. I'm pinned by using the word "Nigga" as an offensive term and that's the reason the fight started.

My three points to appealing this action are
    1. The word "Nigga" has been a delicate subject on CM, but it has never been ruled to be banned from the server unlike what Schalkguy is saying. He told me it's always been against server rules to use the word. He put the wording in my ban as bigotry. I've seen countless marines use this slang. I'd completely understand if I was using it in a negative cognition, but I was using it in the same context as "Bruh" or "Bro". The fight didn't start cause of the word, it started due to the Delta SG not agreeing with my playstyle of SG. If so I'd ask this to be updated and enforced equally across the entire server. This wasn't bigotry or racism, this was slang.

2. The IE was justified, a SG gun can break a weed in two hits and a limb as well. The Delta SG decided to attack me with it instead of properly escalating such as saying "stop". I could've said stop as well after he hit me, but I'm fighting at front against xenos taking burn damage and I'm not going to be capped by a SG player who believes they're entitled to how a SG can be used. This is proper IE as the SG is treated as a knife in ML, and thus should be treated so in escalation rules. After someone knife you, you are allowed to defend yourself, especially at the front line. I'm not sure how hitting two people on accident from an IE issue results in IE and they weren't critically hurt as Schalkguy puts, because they ran over to me and yelled "What the fuck". My intent was never to hit the two bystanders, they just got unlucky due to my terrible clicks.

3. Fix the note, it currently says "Called another player nigga multiple times until they hit with a rifle. Replied by opening fire, killing them and highly wounding two other players" This leaves out the SG gun, replaces it with a rifle, an argument happening, and paints me in an extremely poor light. To put it bluntly, it makes me look like a griefer. Notes affect many things on this server, and if this is going to stay I'd request more context be put in and the "Rifle" be changed to SG.

I'd also like to apologise to Schalkguy for my less-than-ideal behaviour in the admin pms, but being accused of racism is not something I take lightly, and I hope no one would. If I put anything wrong please feel free to correct me, and I'm sure the logs will shed light on what happened.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The IE was justified
    Meant to put was unjustified for the rueling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Involved:

Sandvich123 - Nasoki 'Coward' Chen (SG)
    Schalkguy (Admin)
    Second party (partially involved)
    Third party (other)

Initial altercation between the two SGs
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The fight that broke out
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Schalkguy confronts Sandvich123
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE][15:09:20]ADMIN: PM: Schalkguy->Sandvich123/(Nasoki 'Coward' Chen): You can't crit someone in 4 hits. And logs show he hit you once/[QUOTE]

I don't know if Schalkguy just didn't want to bother reading logs or what, but he bluntly lied or misread after I was positive he hit me more than once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After careful consideration this report is being denied.

There would be a case for this not being I.E. had you stabbed or struck the other player in a similar fashion before shooting them. You didn't do this.

Shooting someone who has stabbed you, without stabbing them back first, is still I.E.

As for the question, does a smartgun count as a knife in I.E... Probably. In most cases a smartgun and a knife will do around the same damage (20 force for an SG 25 for a knife). We will be providing future clarification on this.

As for your use of the n-word, while at first being used in a "bro context" turned into being used to insult or offend. Something that is explicitly banned.

With all of this in mind, Schalk handled the situation within the staff rules, and appropriately.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: