thespy24574

Discord ID?
    Space Waffle#8984

Marine Name
    Andy Marcotte

Other Whitelist Applications
    //showthrea...8065#post68065 - Denied due to poor story
    //showthrea...ic-Application - Denied to poor choice of personality
    //showthrea...1172#post61172 - Denied due to poor story that didn't explain or had shown quirk
    //showthrea...ic-Application - Withdrawn after seeing a few comments showing the errors and mistakes I made, mainly due to lacking of effort

*Most likely there are more but I am unable to find any others at this time*

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Andy

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Scientific to say the least, He likes wearing lab coats with latex gloves along with being excited but collected when talking about extraterrestrial life and the sorts that have been only documented on paper and never captured or experimented on, and he loves to play guess the injury game when talking to patients to attempt to lighten the mood and improve their mental condition during the stressful operation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I wanted to be a synthetic when I realized what they have to offer is much greater when compared to the other positions and jobs. And I do believe I have the necessary skills/knowledge required to become one.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    As I said in the previous application, I vaguely remember this interaction. But the interaction was about the xenos and their habits as a species (In lore). I am particularly fascinated by the concept of xenomorphs so it was particularly enjoyable for me to talk to someone about it. I unfortunately forgot the name of the synth and thus I can't make any verifications about this. (I don't have many RP interactions with synths, as they usually are working and I didnt want to bother them)

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The story was gonna be longer, but I cut it at the knees to keep it short and to the point.

Excerpt from the story:

"That's because they did. Several hundred years ago they attempted to do so. It wasn't successful though."

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar with engineering, I can make Pretty good FOBs along with shipside engineering projects and defense. The idea of a good FoB is subjective thus my claim for a good FOB has to be used in picture or image of how it should be.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very familiar with command, I know all the mechanical tid tads and whatnot that deals with command and, if a synth is ordered or chooses to do so, relay information and notify other SOs/XO/CO as well as notifying the status of other squads.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very familiar with medical, I know every chem recipe and surgery by heart. But, like all things, improvements can be made. And in my opinion, A well stocked medication fridge is really important. Should I be able to do so (with nothing being needed of me right away)fairly fast. I would very much just sit in med chem and produce pill bottle after pill bottle of medication.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very familiar, To name what I would usually send down in a req drop Metal (180 to 200 depending on how many req orders there is), plasteel (100 to 140), Ammo crates/boxes (if they weren't already sent down), any req ordered item if bought, and medical supplies (Again if they are requested as you don't really order them from req and more or less just grabbed from medbay).

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetic Andy can preform combat in a variety of situations. Such as retrieving a fallen Intelligence officer from a data center which had been taken over by a xenomorph infestation the specifics are as follows:

Andy would have (if possible at the time of course) several marines with him to help recover the Officer. Staying behind the pack or near the front to help lead should the marines not know where to go. And always moving away from where action or conflict would happen. Such as leaving with the Officer in question on a roller bed, if Andy or the wounded IO get slashed by a runner or some other xenomorph he will take a swing at it and continue on his path back to FOB. Never chasing the enemy down, only wounding it so it'd back off long enough. which is why he would prefer to have a small detachment of marines around him when recovering the fallen Officer.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Having made several other, lack luster applications. Either denied due to one reason or another. Any case after consulting with several councilors I believe my application is complete enough as it will ever be. I very much hope it gets accepted. Even if I am a nobody within this community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is always nice to see another person applying for synthetic, although - I do wish to ask you some questions about your application and other aspects, alongside to give you some advice for the future.

The personality certainly seems interesting, however, while I do not wish to insult or demean your story, I would have liked to see more parts of it in action - especially given he was aboard a hospital/relief ship, and you mentioned the treatment of gunshot wounds and similar. To that end, I would like to ask some questions about it, and pose some scenarios to you. I would also like to ask you about a few things from what I've seen of you as Corpsman, although I wish to frame it more as advice. During the most recent round where I watched you, I observed you treating a few patients - one with 400 burn and one with 500 burn or so respectively. As the queen had screeched within your view and you are treating the SG, you kitted him at first, then pilled him three times, gave him epinephrine, and THEN you started grafting him. You defibrillated him once once was not enough to revive him, then lined him again, and defibrillated him when he was already within the threshold to be revived, and took some shots at the queen.

Moving to the next patient, you dragged him in to the Normandy, leaving the smartgunner in critical condition outside of the dropship and unconscious (in paincrit specifically) - and your next patient, in the dropship, had 546 burn due to his armor being on and keeping his body temperature over 100 degrees (I would suggest you remove armor from people even if you cannot immediately defibrillate, at least in the cases of those with a high body temperature). You kitted him, and lined his groin, then started defibrillating him from 300 damage instead of just lining the rest of his body. The next defib failed and on the third one it succeeded.

On advice for this, I'd have to recommend that, for patients who you believe you can defibrillate quickly - such as a patient I did not name here but who you treated earlier, where two runners harassed you - that you begin defibrillating them, kit them, and pill them at the same time. You can swap hands or drop the defibrillator as it charges and it will still go off. Additionally, for the smartgunner, defibrillating him and pilling at the same time would enable you to get him up quicker. As a synthetic, your defib time is less, and it is harder to kit/pill as you are doing it, but a corpsman can match the speed of a synthetic in some cases simply by managing their kits and pills during the time when their defibrillator is charging.

Overall though, you did not get a large number of patients, so I do not have a large sample size to draw on for your capabilities. In terms of questions, though, I'd like to ask you about a few things, such as how you would fix a FOB design, what your synthetic would do in a situation with a marine, and some surgical/medical questions.

---

1. You have landed on Solaris Ridge, LZ1 and have roughly 150 metal on the FOB, with another 50 in your backpack that you have brought with you. Upon arrival, you see this at the south and north respectively. What do you do, if anything, to attempt to fix it?

https://imgur.com/a/lwtB099 <-- Images of the FOB design in question.

2. After assessing the FOB, also on Solaris Ridge at LZ1, you head to the Filtration area. The marine frontline is currently present and are holding strong, with neither side gaining ground or kills. You encounter 3 patients here who require your assistance - one, a marine who was infected an indeterminant time ago, and is occasionally coughing. It is unknown when exactly they were infected, however, nor are they telling you. They are, however, capable of walking and are listening to you when instructed to do something. The second, a marine who is overdosed on 47 units of oxycodone and 50 units of tramadol - currently dead of 196 toxin damage and 4 oxygen damage. The third marine is currently a corpse that is on fire - you do not have a fire extinguisher on you, however he currently only has 234 burn damage and has only just died. In what way do you treat them, and how, specifically, do you fix their problems?

3. After the previous events, you are performing surgery on another marine. They are growing increasingly agitated and insulting your synthetic - calling them a tin can and asking you to 'hurry up' consistently, and generally being rude. What would your synthetic say and how would they speak to the marine in this scenario? You may make up dialogue for the marine in this if you wish - imagine it as a small exchange during surgery.

---

I hope to see your answers - and hopefully Andy, depending on how your application goes - soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, Lagomorphica, lets begin to address the story, the rounds you seen me in and of course the questions.

while I do not wish to insult or demean your story, I would have liked to see more parts of it in action - especially given he was aboard a hospital/relief ship, and you mentioned the treatment of gunshot wounds and similar. To that end, I would like to ask some questions about it, and pose some scenarios to you.
    As mentioned in the character story box I had to cut the story down quite a bit, it was originally going to go into lore of Andy, how he came to the sister ship and eventually lead to the situation that was aboard the ship that they did the interview on, And during the mending of wounds Andy would have gave examples of similar wounds and situations he came across in previous fights and battles he was apart of. Unfortunately when I wrote this all, it became very long and, in my own opinion, boring to read. So I opted to cut the story off leaving the reader wanting more.

During the most recent round where I watched you, I observed you treating a few patients - one with 400 burn and one with 500 burn or so respectively. As the queen had screeched within your view and you are treating the SG, you kitted him at first, then pilled him three times, gave him epinephrine, and THEN you started grafting him. You defibrillated him once once was not enough to revive him, then lined him again, and defibrillated him when he was already within the threshold to be revived, and took some shots at the queen.
    Not much is needed to be said, seems you are questioning the order I did the healing in which is (To me at least) a minor thing.

Moving to the next patient, you dragged him in to the Normandy, leaving the smartgunner in critical condition outside of the dropship and unconscious (in paincrit specifically) - and your next patient, in the dropship, had 546 burn due to his armor being on and keeping his body temperature over 100 degrees (I would suggest you remove armor from people even if you cannot immediately defibrillate, at least in the cases of those with a high body temperature). You kitted him, and lined his groin, then started defibrillating him from 300 damage instead of just lining the rest of his body. The next defib failed and on the third one it succeeded.
    I left the smartgunner as I realize FOB was quickly falling, If I recalled correctly I *In that moment* injected him with oxy autoinjector (was working quickly and might've missed him entirely with the injector lol) so I assumed he was gonna stand up soon and so I started to work on the next patient next to me. I do believe this was an error on my part as I was working to quickly and had to worry bout FOB, the injuries and getting the marines up and alive, I wasnt double checking my work essentially.

On advice for this, I'd have to recommend that, for patients who you believe you can defibrillate quickly - such as a patient I did not name here but who you treated earlier, where two runners harassed you - that you begin defibrillating them, kit them, and pill them at the same time. You can swap hands or drop the defibrillator as it charges and it will still go off. Additionally, for the smartgunner, defibrillating him and pilling at the same time would enable you to get him up quicker. As a synthetic, your defib time is less, and it is harder to kit/pill as you are doing it, but a corpsman can match the speed of a synthetic in some cases simply by managing their kits and pills during the time when their defibrillator is charging.
    Honestly I dont exactly like dropping the defib as I use it but I will make sure to attempt to do so when its warranted. Thanks for the pointers all around though.

--------

now for the questions.

1. You have landed on Solaris Ridge, LZ1 and have roughly 150 metal on the FOB, with another 50 in your backpack that you have brought with you. Upon arrival, you see this at the south and north respectively. What do you do, if anything, to attempt to fix it?
    For the first image, south/southeast FOB it has a few mistakes i noticed. Firstly the plasteel cades are not pushed up a tile which allows xenos to slash it from the corners aswell as creating a choke point removing about 1-2 marines from PDing a xeno from hitting the cade line. Same story for the regular metal cade line to the right of the plasteel cades. Xenos can slash the corners easily so it all need to move upward *atleast* one tile. Aswell I would change the folding metal cades for regular non-folding metal cades, Perhaps leave one folding should a marine want to rush out and finish off a xeno who'd been critted. and extend the metal cade line to the walls beside it that are exposed to possible crusher attacks that might want to charge through the wall (same thing would happen to the plasteel's side of the wall, extend it so crushers have a more difficult time breaking through.(Aswell as the Moving further south to the exterior cade line, Its TOO far south and the corners allow for the xenos to slash it in cover not allowing for the full firepower of the marines to hit it. And (If marines dont collapse RIGHT AWAY and we have enough metal after setting up FOB) I would construct a secondary inner cade line on every side that would be exposed to attack. Allowing for more time for alamo (Because if you are using the inner most cade line its time to EVAC) to cool down and launch.

TL/DR: Move every cade line up a tile so corner slashing wouldnt happen, extend the inner cade line so crushers have more trouble breaking through. Also create a secondary cade line behind the first one given I have time to do so and nothing urgent comes up, such as revivable marines, or xenos rapidly knocking down the cade line.

For the second image, I would place an extra cade (if possible, cant remember if you can remove/place a cade on top of the borg charger) so that wall is covered. But overall the cade line isnt bad, no corners which the xenos can slash in relative safety from so yeah

For the third image, I would extend the cade line one tile to the right. Give room for SGs, medics and support to do their job plus extra room is always handy when its an option. Other than that its more or less fine by my standards. Not possible to corner slash from any position there which is my main issue with most cade lines.

For the fourth and final cade line, Obvious corner slash to the south east of the cade line. Simply move it back/forward one spot so the corner slash is nullified. All in all north east is pretty secure with 3 separate cadelines up there

All in all the cadeline is okay excusing the obvious mistakes, nothing was upgraded and I would prefer multiple fall back lines inside the walls of FOB to ensure the cade lines never truly fall during evac. And probably remove the folding metal cades with actual plasteel cades.

-----

2. After assessing the FOB, also on Solaris Ridge at LZ1, you head to the Filtration area. The marine frontline is currently present and are holding strong, with neither side gaining ground or kills. You encounter 3 patients here who require your assistance - one, a marine who was infected an indeterminant time ago, and is occasionally coughing. It is unknown when exactly they were infected, however, nor are they telling you. They are, however, capable of walking and are listening to you when instructed to do something. The second, a marine who is overdosed on 47 units of oxycodone and 50 units of tramadol - currently dead of 196 toxin damage and 4 oxygen damage. The third marine is currently a corpse that is on fire - you do not have a fire extinguisher on you, however he currently only has 234 burn damage and has only just died. In what way do you treat them, and how, specifically, do you fix their problems?
    So given the first marine is hugged with a xeno larva I would place him in a stasis bag to slow down the rate of it's growth and I would instruct him to jump out should we get attacked, otherwise to sit put while I fix the other marines, But his larval extraction surgery will be put on hold as the other patients are already dead and their timer for perma is already ticking down. At that point I would pat out the fire on the third marine's corpse to prevent further burn damages. I would then work on the second marine's toxin damage, Feed a ATD pill I made earlier for these situations of extreme toxin overdoses this should remove tons of toxin damage faster than he gains it. But that being said its likely his kidneys and liver are shot to high heaven and require surgery. Breaking out the portable surgery bed, I will cut into the groin to fix his kidneys and into the chest to fix his liver (Along any other organ that may be damaged). When all that is done I will revive him with help from epi to ENSURE he is revived. At this point I suspect the burn victim is nearing perma dead so wheel around to face him and I start treating him with burn kits, KD, and I start reviving him with epi injected and I will continue should he not be revived with one shock of a defib. Cycling back to the hugged marine I will right away start working on larva removal, injecting oxycodone so he remains awake should we need to retreat or defend ourselves, Hopefully removing the larva before he'd burst. And while I have him on the surgery bed I can fix any fractures or IB he may have.

-----

3. After the previous events, you are performing surgery on another marine. They are growing increasingly agitated and insulting your synthetic - calling them a tin can and asking you to 'hurry up' consistently, and generally being rude. What would your synthetic say and how would they speak to the marine in this scenario? You may make up dialogue for the marine in this if you wish - imagine it as a small exchange during surgery.
    Short answer to this question: I would attempt to calm him down, saying; him talking is only going to make the surgery take longer as responses take up time I can use for action. Of which I can use to finish up what I am doing.

Long answer: I would calm him down as mentioned in the previous answer, but I may use an aneth injector (Should I have it anyway) to stop him talking completely while I preform the surgery he needs ONLY IF he does not listen to reason while I am preforming the surgery. Otherwise the short answer is what will happen. Waking him up, I do see him getting angry should I choose the aneth him while preforming surgery. In this case I will attempt to use reason again saying "You wouldn't cease your aggression during the surgery, which would have prolonged said surgery, It was required should I wanted to finish the surgery in a timely manner."

Unfortunately, a situation such as this is nigh impossible to write an 'correct' story or dialogue from due to the nature of people and how they roleplay. And I wish it to be high quality and the most realistic, these are just examples of what I would have done should certain events meet their criteria's.

-----

That should be all answered, Apologies for not doing a dialogue for the 3rd question and apologies for not being able to provide any images for the 1st question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From watching both some medic and doctor gameplay, you're still very much too fresh.

Try to focus on learning to implement all of your tools. In particular things like grafts and lining, how to pre-pill a body so you can leave it after a defib, get familiar with the relatively rare surgeries like repairing eyes, brains, replacing hands and feet without amputating the entire limb. A skilled medic can keep up with a synthetic in everything but the lining and grafting, that's the goal you want to aim for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katskan View Post
    From watching both some medic and doctor gameplay, you're still very much too fresh.

Try to focus on learning to implement all of your tools. In particular things like grafts and lining, how to pre-pill a body so you can leave it after a defib, get familiar with the relatively rare surgeries like repairing eyes, brains, replacing hands and feet without amputating the entire limb. A skilled medic can keep up with a synthetic in everything but the lining and grafting, that's the goal you want to aim for.
    While I thank you for commenting, I have to say either you were looking at a different person or simply didn't catch me pre-pilling bodies and graft/lining. I been doing it all day infact.

The part about amputating the entire limb to fix it is untrue as well. The most recent round I had a marine came up to me asking for both legs to be amputated, I agreed since he had a wheelchair with him and he said he had lower body paralyses. And another thing, I Very much can hold my own when it comes to surgeries and general medic actions such as pilling, Reviving, and grafting/lining. I am more or less offended actually that you say this of me.

In fact, I was (as of writing this) one of the ONLY people (In previous round with a full medical staff) in chem making KD, MB, IS (even though its less potent now), IA and even ATD when a medic asked for it, And even LKD (KD with Lep in it for temperature damage). And I even kept the Medical fridge STOCKED with KD and MB (I was allowed to go groundside + I used all the juice in the chem dispensers so I wasnt able to keep the med fridge filled with IA and Dex + pills)

So saying it as a FACT I am incompetent with medications, surgeries and being a medic in general is bloody insulting to me.
    Last edited by thespy24574; 11-20-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right.

I have not seen you in recently in my timezone nor do I have your timezone to be able to watch you play.

I am, however, going to give my -1.

Your attitude in terms of what I, and Katskan, have told you, are to put it bluntly, not good.

So saying it as a FACT I am incompetent with medications, surgeries and being a medic in general is bloody insulting to me.
    This is feedback. They did not call you 'incompetent' with this. They called you fresh, and said that you still have to learn more - which will be true even if you get the synthetic whitelist. It is not a matter of simply being good, it is being able to learn and work out how to do things - and how to do them better if you see somebody else doing them better.

Additionally, when I gave you my own feedback, you said this.

Not much is needed to be said, seems you are questioning the order I did the healing in which is (To me at least) a minor thing.
    The issue was not simply that I disagree with the order you do things in. It is that the way you did it can be condensed heavily, and shows inefficiency. You left the smartgunner in critical condition during an active siege outside of a safe area, let somebody orange lining with high damage have to wait for you to pill them (when seconds count, the effects of a pill are a minute away), rather than condensing it in to the time it takes for you to defibrillate them. While it may be harder to almost impossible to do this as a synthetic, the other issue was also that you lined him, defibrillated him, then started lining him again rather than simply tapping him a second time with your defibrillator.

It would have been far more efficient - and effective - to kit first, or line first, then begin defibrillating him and either apply kits then or pill him. You spend less time on that one patient, you do not have as much of a risk of them permanently dying, and you also buy yourself more time with your other patients. All of medical is based around the most precious resource of all - time. While some of this may not be applicable as synthetic - I certainly struggle to pill people while attempting to defibrillate - it is generally expected that, even as a corpsman, you should be able to revive most patients as fast as a synthetic, barring the defibrillation time.

Ignoring the gameplay I've seen - which, while only one round, was not incredible, and your attitude here, I will also go over the answers to the questions and why I think they are lacklustre, starting from Engineering and moving on.

The Questions

For the third image, I would extend the cade line one tile to the right. Give room for SGs, medics and support to do their job plus extra room is always handy when its an option. Other than that its more or less fine by my standards. Not possible to corner slash from any position there which is my main issue with most cade lines.
    While this is fine and does achieve the same goal, I feel like pointing out that their is a superior barricade line option available here. You may either extend it out and push it further forward than it already is, and create a L-style cadeline just west of it - forcing the xenomorphs to walk up to the marines and enabling them to dump a massive amount of fire on to them, as it is effectively just an open area - or create ONLY the L-style cadeline with no forward cadeline, leaving only one line but still using the exact same amount of material while forcing the xenomorphs to walk in a massive open area. The issue here, however, is that their is only a single tile to stand in at the northern section - which is going to come up as a recurring theme for the next one, which I feel you have not answered acceptably.

Both of the solutions proposed here - both mine, and yours - are fine here, however, and context dependant.

For the fourth and final cade line, Obvious corner slash to the south east of the cade line. Simply move it back/forward one spot so the corner slash is nullified. All in all north east is pretty secure with 3 separate cadelines up there
    This one, however, is not. Moving it back one tile will simply exacerbate the issue of the M56D being present - that is, it renders the southeast section, where one can cornerslash, as almost impossible to hit. It would simply make it worse. Moving it forward one tile also has the same issue of leaving a one tile area where somebody can stand and become trapped easily, while also not actually strengthening the cadeline, trading one weakness for another. The main viable solution here is to pull the cadeline back and create an L-cade, even without the M56D. Pushing it forward also weakens the natural chokepoint that it forces the xenomorphs to walk through, as it results in them having less ground to traverse to be able to slash it.

https://imgur.com/a/CjbBgfg

I have attached an illustration of what your idea would appear like and a possible other solution, that while not perfect and open for a massive amount of improvement, is a far better solution than what you have proposed.

At that point I would pat out the fire on the third marine's corpse to prevent further burn damages.
    You should also remove his armour to prevent his high body temperature from causing him to gain more and more burn damage over time - which I outlined in the post I gave you here, as advice. While niche information, if you see a marine that has just been lit on fire and can check their body temperature, with the health scanner, it is generally advisable to remove their armour, both as a corpsman and a synthetic.

Feed a ATD pill I made earlier for these situations of extreme toxin overdoses this should remove tons of toxin damage faster than he gains it
    This is explicitly wrong. An ATD pill is not capable of offsetting an oxycodone overdose, even a non-critical one. Your patient is overdosed on both tramadol and oxycodone, with the oxycodone overdose being critical. He is going to take roughly 6.5 toxin damage a second, on top of massive liver and oxygen damage.

At this point I suspect the burn victim is nearing perma dead so wheel around to face him and I start treating him with burn kits, KD, and I start reviving him with epi injected and I will continue should he not be revived with one shock of a defib.
    If he is nearing permadeath, something has gone wrong. It was stated that he died only just as you came over and is still on green line - and additionally, he had 234 burn damage.

Cycling back to the hugged marine I will right away start working on larva removal, injecting oxycodone so he remains awake should we need to retreat or defend ourselves, Hopefully removing the larva before he'd burst. And while I have him on the surgery bed I can fix any fractures or IB he may have.
    How? Larva removal cannot be done outside of a proper operating theatre. You are not at the hospital and did not ever actually state going too it during this, however the hospital plays an important role in treating this issue.

I will admit that this question is an exceptionally difficult question - however, the goal was moreso to see your methodology of how you would treat it. I do not believe that methodology is accurate. My own opinion on how to treat it - although, some synthetics may do so differently - would be to focus on the burn patient first. By reviving him and getting him walking, which will take less time than the injected patient, you now have one extra body to assist you, or one less to deal with. In the event you have a stasis bag and roller bed, yes, I would recommend placing the infected patient in the roller bed, and then taking him - alongside the severely overdosed patient - to colony medical, if it is secure. Once there, establish if the power of Colony Medical is active, and if not see if it is fixable, and assess if it is secure.

Once you are in colony medical, and if power is active, you can use the dialysis machine to purge the oxycodone and tramadol from the overdose patient. If at any point they approach the point of an orange or red line, you can simply tap them with your defibrillator - while they will die, it is going to buy you more time to work. While this occurs, you can also use the surgical table present in either the morgue of the hospital or in the colony hospital itself to remove the larva.

If you had gotten this question wrong in some aspects, however, it alone would not have been enough for me to consider -1ing you; it is moreso, as I have said, a test of your methodology. Your methodology, and general answer.. was not very good, unfortunately, and it also highlighted you saying you would do larva removal on a portable surgical bed - which is, explicitly, not possible.

I would calm him down as mentioned in the previous answer, but I may use an aneth injector (Should I have it anyway) to stop him talking completely while I preform the surgery he needs ONLY IF he does not listen to reason while I am preforming the surgery. Otherwise the short answer is what will happen. Waking him up, I do see him getting angry should I choose the aneth him while preforming surgery. In this case I will attempt to use reason again saying "You wouldn't cease your aggression during the surgery, which would have prolonged said surgery, It was required should I wanted to finish the surgery in a timely manner."
    Why would him talking interfere with your surgery? Additionally, what kind of anaesthetic injector would you have on your person that would be safe to use in an active combat operation without endangering the marine? Knocking them out without a pressing need to do so both endangers you and him, alongside antagonizing him further. You do not have to respond to everything he says, or you can simply continue working as he insults you. If what they are doing is actively resisting surgery (and it is not larva removal or similar), then you would simply let them go. They are simply insulting you from an IC standpoint, and additionally -

he loves to play guess the injury game when talking to patients to attempt to lighten the mood and improve their mental condition during the stressful operation.
    This is one of the perfect times to try and use this part of your synthetics personality, even if only in a limited capacity, rather than instantly knocking them out for insulting you. While you could argue that this is included in the 'I would calm them down' part, an application is not supposed to be just something you do - it should be something that makes people WANT to give you their vouch, not something that simply exists.

My opinion may be changed by watching your gameplay, however I am still not impressed with your answers and attitude in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you for the response, even with the rather depressing but justified -1.

To respond to the things you brought up:

This is feedback. They did not call you 'incompetent' with this. They called you fresh, and said that you still have to learn more - which will be true even if you get the synthetic whitelist. It is not a matter of simply being good, it is being able to learn and work out how to do things - and how to do them better if you see somebody else doing them better.
    I would like to apologize for the statement that lead to this response. My mind were on a rather darker place (due to some irl things) when i wrote it and testosterone was rather high when I made the response, I had read it in a insulting manner. Apologies for that in a sincere as possible way.

I could give an excuse for everything I did but it never change what happened in the end. Including the downed SG you keep mentioning. I see this is a point of high interest to you. I don't remember much of the situation so I cant say more other than what I already said. The more you fail the more you will learn, seem to be the king of that statement as of late.

Anyway, responding to the question responses:

This one, however, is not. Moving it back one tile will simply exacerbate the issue of the M56D being present - that is, it renders the southeast section, where one can cornerslash, as almost impossible to hit. It would simply make it worse. Moving it forward one tile also has the same issue of leaving a one tile area where somebody can stand and become trapped easily, while also not actually strengthening the cadeline, trading one weakness for another. The main viable solution here is to pull the cadeline back and create an L-cade, even without the M56D. Pushing it forward also weakens the natural chokepoint that it forces the xenomorphs to walk through, as it results in
    When I first was thinking of this cadeline, and arguably all other cadelines, I wasn't considering mounted weapons. I see that as a flaw in my planning. I was too focused on the corner slashing/small movement of the cadeline rather than actual placement and shape the cadeline had taken. Considering i wasnt thinking all that much into these questions it can be construed that this was going to be the case. Which case I will attempt to improve on in the future.

This is explicitly wrong. An ATD pill is not capable of offsetting an oxycodone overdose, even a non-critical one. Your patient is overdosed on both tramadol and oxycodone, with the oxycodone overdose being critical. He is going to take roughly 6.5 toxin damage a second, on top of massive liver and oxygen damage.
    The main reason I said that most of the toxin damage should be negated an,d furthermore, reduce the amount of toxin in their body was because my brain didnt compute that it was an OXYCODONE overdose WITH a tram OD aswell. I simply computed the tram OD and not the OXYCODONE one. That is my error and I bear it fully. Though, I can do little to mend the situation other than Monitoring and fixing what I can (assuming i don't have portable dialysis machine with me and assuming colony medical facilities are unavailable). I would change little as most of the process would be the same. The slight change being i would monitor him and fixing organs when and where I can. Aka, giving Ina when I can that wont OD and etc.

Continuing on:

If he is nearing permadeath, something has gone wrong. It was stated that he died only just as you came over and is still on green line - and additionally, he had 234 burn damage
    I agree with you, should they get close to perma then something is wrong. When I was writing the answer to the question, I was under the assumption the time it took (Worse case of course, such as xenos being near us and pushing/marines interfering with me) and so it would have been safe to assume he was getting close to perma. Other than that I have nothing else to say to this response.

If you had gotten this question wrong in some aspects, however, it alone would not have been enough for me to consider -1ing you; it is moreso, as I have said, a test of your methodology. Your methodology, and general answer.. was not very good, unfortunately, and it also highlighted you saying you would do larva removal on a portable surgical bed - which is, explicitly, not possible.
    Tis opinionated but not false. I do agree that the answers were not the best I could have provided, perhaps should have expanded about what I was assuming/accounting for. About the larva extraction with a portable bed, yes I do remember that when I read it. I felt stupid as I had forgotten one of the most obvious things about surgery surface. I do feel stupid for that one.

Why would him talking interfere with your surgery? Additionally, what kind of anaesthetic injector would you have on your person that would be safe to use in an active combat operation without endangering the marine? Knocking them out without a pressing need to do so both endangers you and him, alongside antagonizing him further. You do not have to respond to everything he says, or you can simply continue working as he insults you. If what they are doing is actively resisting surgery (and it is not larva removal or similar), then you would simply let them go. They are simply insulting you from an IC standpoint, and additionally -
    I do want to respond to this before I get to the next half of this response:
    I take larval extraction as a top priority, and while I agree I also disagree. I don't think letting leave with the larva in him is a good idea. While yes its his own fate should he leave, I fear it is too much of a risk should it burst from his chest. Which comes with the responses I have said. My synth would normally play the guess the injury game to lighten the mood, but unfortunately larval extraction is no time to joke as it might kill the marine I am operating on. Thus the game will not be play if you are hugged as it might become a liability when time is of the essence in this situation. And the aneth is a last resort should the marine not listen. It only be a last resort as I know it will be dangerous plus antagonistic during and after he wakes. Which case, I will explain it as I explained it here. In an attempt to calm him down. Another thing, I don't think a marine who is angry and antagonistic would even listen to guess the injury game should it be played. It'd waste time on an already time restricted surgery and further endanger everyone as a whole. Anycase, I agree anething someone near the front/FoB/Colony medical is a bad idea, I also believe it should only be used when someone is just NOT cooperating with you. Normally I would take my time and explain everything in detail... But I just don't mess around with fools when someone is hugged. I do agree that this is bad but I also feel it needs to be done.

All in all. I thank you for your responses, comments and helpful details and advise. And I do invite you to watch me play medic and doctor (I seem to get these roles more than engi and CT it seems, I have them all set to medium so who knows). And once again I apologize for earlier. I will be considering withdrawal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this application dies due to lack of community support, I will say I am grateful for the comments/feedback/etc during this application. I will not withdraw this application until it fully dies (Incase another community member wishes to ask a question or comment on something). I only have one good question, How can I get recognized? The idea of being known within a community of this size is, for lacking of a better term, nigh impossible for the newer/not often online few who love to play the game in their free time and wish to play the WL'd roles. The idea of simply standing out does not appear to work in the way they are usually laid out, and you probably need to do something incredibly stupid (Such as OBing FOB while they haven't Evaced yet) or hover around already known people to have chances of being recognized. And about RP, front line combat doesn't have much in the way of RP. And CL and other shipside roles have trouble with RP as they usually don't interact often or simply not enough people online to hold a conversation with.

So I ask you, What's the best way to get noticed (excluding what I already mentioned)? As, for several months and to some extent, the past year I been attempting to get recognized and I barely am getting any.

And by high heaven I am doing my damn best (Excluding OBing FOB of course) to get recognized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

Honestly to get recognize is how you approach people. If you come up to someone, is your everlasting mark on that individual going to make them go "wow", is it going to leave negative remarks in the future or is it just simple exchange of hellos and move on with your lives?

For me, it's a simple breeze to go into the main discord server, blurt some random nonsense and leave. I know it's not the same for you but to make yourself noticeable, you gotta put in the work and push yourself out there, discord and in-game. Raise a ruckus within server rules, join in conversations you have no idea about, it's a public domain. For in-game, push yourself to get known, have silly gimmicks. You don't need a whitelist to have fun and do crazy stuff.

I may not have the best advice but this is my own opinion for you to fix your approach with people. I wish you the best of luck

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thespy24574 View Post
    While this application dies due to lack of community support, I will say I am grateful for the comments/feedback/etc during this application. I will not withdraw this application until it fully dies (Incase another community member wishes to ask a question or comment on something). I only have one good question, How can I get recognized? The idea of being known within a community of this size is, for lacking of a better term, nigh impossible for the newer/not often online few who love to play the game in their free time and wish to play the WL'd roles. The idea of simply standing out does not appear to work in the way they are usually laid out, and you probably need to do something incredibly stupid (Such as OBing FOB while they haven't Evaced yet) or hover around already known people to have chances of being recognized. And about RP, front line combat doesn't have much in the way of RP. And CL and other shipside roles have trouble with RP as they usually don't interact often or simply not enough people online to hold a conversation with.

So I ask you, What's the best way to get noticed (excluding what I already mentioned)? As, for several months and to some extent, the past year I been attempting to get recognized and I barely am getting any.

And by high heaven I am doing my damn best (Excluding OBing FOB of course) to get recognized.
    I think a fantastic way of getting recognized is by two ways(or both):
    1. Command and Medical Roles - Both of these will give you plenty of exposure, either by the people you treat as Medical personnel or those that you lead as Command personnel. They both have a high amount of player-player interaction, just like:
    2. Roleplaying - In whatever you do, keeping a character that adds to the atmosphere and interacting with those around you, even as simple as some smalltalk really livens up the world and makes people remember you.

A bit of consistency in these and people will start to remember you sooner than later! "Oh that's the guy that gave me splints three times." "I like that character." "They're super competent." "I always see them as doctor." etcetera. Things like that. Seeing you on the manifest, announcements, radio, or on the field. People will remember you!
    Last edited by QuickLoad; 12-05-2022 at 02:38 PM.