User Tag List

Thread: m11 - Developer Application (Mapper)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

m11 - Developer Application (Mapper)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    m11

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Mapper

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Yes, I worked with the SCP13 team as a mapper and also did some other minor jobs in open codebases.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Some of the work I did: https://imgur.com/a/U0DUgLD

How well do you know Git?
    I've been working with GitHub for about two years, so I know how to use it with no problems.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I can do some extra work such as spriting if needed, I also know minimal things about the code enough to help me work with the vars in maps if need be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi M11,
    I spoke with the others in the dev team about your application, and we have a few concerns I'd like to clear up before progressing this application any further.
    I want to start by saying that I looked at your portfolio and think it's very promising, however I've been informed of two things we need to clear up.
    Firstly, I've been told that you are potentially affiliated with the people involved with the original 2018 CM leak incident, if that is the case, can you maybe expand on this so that we're all out in the open with any potential skeletons in the closet?
    Secondly, I've been told you were a part of the Lebensraum team when that was a thing. If this is the case, what was your involvement in this? We have some worries about people from Lebensraum due to claims of some of the staff team openly supporting the nazi mindset/agenda/whatever you'd like to call it.
    Finally, could you please elaborate on why you're interested in mapping for CM?

I hope none of this comes off as offensive in anyway. Background checks are an important process for CM as we've got a lot to protect in terms of reputation and assets. I do believe you show potential in your portfolio to contribute to CM: We just need to clear up the rest before issuing you a mapping test.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Hi M11,
    I spoke with the others in the dev team about your application, and we have a few concerns I'd like to clear up before progressing this application any further.
    I want to start by saying that I looked at your portfolio and think it's very promising, however I've been informed of two things we need to clear up.
    Firstly, I've been told that you are potentially affiliated with the people involved with the original 2018 CM leak incident, if that is the case, can you maybe expand on this so that we're all out in the open with any potential skeletons in the closet?
    Secondly, I've been told you were a part of the Lebensraum team when that was a thing. If this is the case, what was your involvement in this? We have some worries about people from Lebensraum due to claims of some of the staff team openly supporting the nazi mindset/agenda/whatever you'd like to call it.
    Finally, could you please elaborate on why you're interested in mapping for CM?

I hope none of this comes off as offensive in anyway. Background checks are an important process for CM as we've got a lot to protect in terms of reputation and assets. I do believe you show potential in your portfolio to contribute to CM: We just need to clear up the rest before issuing you a mapping test.

Thanks!
    No problems.

1):

I do not know very well who leaked CM, I heard that it was a team leader, but I do not know if this holds any truth.

I only received the news that the CM codebase was leaked after it went out on reddit, I don�t think any of my closest friends could have done it because they never had any staff at CM nor did I meet anyone who had staff at that time, Of course, they could have done it, but they never talked to me about it so I do not know.

I myself did not help to leak CM, I only discovered that it had been leaked after everyone already knew about it.

I do not know about the lebensraum team, since we did not talk much about what others did off the server, nor did anyone want to talk about it and I left lebensraum before the leak, the most I ever did on the leak was download the codebase to see and work with it a bit, but just that.

2):

Yes, I worked for lebensraum as a developer and for some time as a Head Admin.

I did join lebensraum before all the drama and bad things, when I became head staff I did try to fix the community as well as I could but I never achieved anything, as a head staff at that time no one could control things very well and we had five �owners� so I could not do much about that.

It was hard enough to try to control the admin team for some reason, but going back to the main topic about the Nazi stuff.

As I was head admin for some time I can say that in my end and what could I see about the discord in general no one ever supported the Nazis, I can�t tell about PMs but I think no one did, we could be a �shit� server at that time but we had staff rules and discord rules.

So from what I could see no one ever supported the Nazis, the only few times I could see something about it would be in memes or role-play in the game, as the game is about WW2, it is hard to ban that sort of role-play, of course, I never did let it escalate too much in the game, but no one that I know especially me never supported the Nazis.

After some time working in lebensraum I did leave the staff, as I mentioned before I did not have any control anymore about things and every day more drama and the entire thing went downhill so I did leave, I did learn a lot about mapping, being that learning about maps designed for combat has what made me enter the lebensraum development team.

3):
    I played SS13 and CM for a long time, I always liked more of the combat part of the game itself, even though I find the stun based combat bad.

As I have played CM for a long time I have seen the progress over the years and I like what it has become in all these years, of course, I do not like everything about it, but everyone has one thing they do not like.

I started playing more heavy combat servers until I started doing mapping. I tried to apply to combat servers to learn more about that aspect. Of course, I would have applied for CM, but I did not have enough understanding about mapping to do it, so I worked on other servers to deepen my understanding until this year.

I like the mechanics of CM, the sprites and the feel, even with the unga dunga marines you can have a good round of roleplay, I like the community too, as I experienced what happened in Lebensraum I do not want to go into another descent. I want to learn more about mapping too, I will never say that I know about everything and CM has many mappers.

Sorry if my English is not the best I am not a native speaker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response M11.
    We'll be issuing you the mapping test; Hoping you can complete it within the next two weeks.
    Unfortunately because of our dev meeting schedule our next dev meeting is actually tomorrow, which is when we will be reviewing apps. The next one from then will be in two weeks time, and I would suggest you don't rush your test submission, but if you believe you can square out a detailed submission, I welcome it. Just don't rush!
    Here's your test.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Thanks for the response M11.
    We'll be issuing you the mapping test; Hoping you can complete it within the next two weeks.
    Unfortunately because of our dev meeting schedule our next dev meeting is actually tomorrow, which is when we will be reviewing apps. The next one from then will be in two weeks time, and I would suggest you don't rush your test submission, but if you believe you can square out a detailed submission, I welcome it. Just don't rush!
    Here's your test.

Good luck.
    Thank you.
    I'll start as soon as I can.

Head Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussion at the dev meeting today, the team has decided that your history with Lebensraum and multiple negative responses from other server staff and development teams makes us consider you to be too much of a liability for the foreseeable future.

The Team has elected to deny the opportunity to re-apply for at least six months' time.