User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mistfrag - Commanding Officer Application

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you handle the following situations? There are definitely wrong answers but there is no 100% correct answer so try not to overthink it.

Research has made greenos without authorization.
    An MP is threatening to shoot you in CIC.
    Bravo SL has ran off shirtless and confused leaving FOB unbuilt and undefended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morrow View Post
    How would you handle the following situations? There are definitely wrong answers but there is no 100% correct answer so try not to overthink it.

Research has made greenos without authorization.
    Marine Law

So, there's a lot of variables to consider within this one. At first, I'd like to ask myself some questions before I start digging into the ML aspect of it

- Are these researchers new?

- Do these researchers have a CMO whom to report with?

With that in mind, assuming we're answering yes to the second, I'd find and speak to the CMO. In my perspective, a lot of this hinges on the CMO who should be in charge of running his department and keeping something like this from happening. If the CMO "authorized" them (he can't do this, but this is for the researchers), then I'd have the CMO arrested and the researchers pardoned, because it's not their fault if the CMO duped them into breaking ML. [This is what I mean by spirit of the law type deals - They've technically broken ML here but there's good justification for it if they were deceived]

If they didn't ask the CMO, and simply went through with creating Greenos, I'd have them jailed - If they knew they had to ask for permission and didn't ask anyways, I would pursue sedition for the actual offense itself as they've risked the entire operation now.

Handling

For covering the actual handling of the situation therein after, I'd like to find out what they've done with the Greenos - Have they been spoken to at all? Have any deals been made? Do we have a translator [synthetic] who can easily ensure proper communication? Due to the massive inherent risk synthesized Xenomorphs pose, I'd either handle it myself, or have the XO handle negotiations depending on simply what is more practical at the time. Until I could handle them, I'd have all monkeys/monkey cubes taken away to ensure they don't grow into a problem that can't be solved.

An MP is threatening to shoot you in CiC.
    Military Law

Alright, this is a really fucky situation to be handled - However I've seen similar situations occur before. Usually it can just be played off as banter, but if it's not, then it's something to seriously be handled - If they're threatening to kill me with intent to commit, I'd contact the CMP to have them brigged and provost contact to handle them. If no CMP is able, then move onto the MW.

The other situation, which I could be seeing this in - If an M.P, or anyone, is actively threatening me on the bridge while wielding a firearm, then I'd execute them per the regulations set out to myself in my original answer pertaining to B.Es.

Bravo SL has run off shirtless and confused while leaving FOB unbuilt and undefended.
    Handling

Alright, this one is the easiest within my mind to handle. The first step to remedying this situation to me would be setting an acting squad leader, something quite easy to do, thankfully. Preferably, moving a ComTech to handle immediate oversight of the FOB with the lack of a proper squad leader now. Moving on, I'd like to see what options I have. As much as I want to trust a basic engineer to handle the FOB, my preferred next step would be to ask the C.E. to deploy and take charge of completing the FOB, while reminding them they have to leave if it's being attacked.

With a new squad leader set, and another figure to take control of overseeing the FOB, I'd move onto the original SL themselves - Simply put, this is an OOC issue and I'd ahelp it for a squad leader both not playing their role and obeying sensible orders.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hours are low but even when there was a real requirement we didn't care that much. I'd definitely want to see more of you as SL in the coming days as I don't think I ever have, but I'm definitely happy with your CIC performance and still feel fine throwing another +1 on the pile
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye ur good +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated 40 XO hours, 20 SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can personally vouch for Misty's ability to roleplay which in my opinion, is an important aspect of all whitelists. Their command experience is good. They understand the features of CIC and tasks such as req, handling OB and AA setup, SOP, and other important procedures that the CO needs to know.

I've been playing with them as their CO for a while and I believe that they can handle the whitelist. +1

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application is good, has the ability to roleplay good, everything is in order +1
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misty's a motivated member of this community, and I see they want CO to actually play it, not just become a neverplay. I've had them as XO under me and they're ready to become the big dawg on the ship. They know what marines like and their skills speak for themselves in game. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She can lead effectively and is excellent at communicating, thus her command function is fine. The XO position can be completed in 40 hours very easily. More time is needed, but I'm going to +1 because of her in-game expertise and CIC role.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 11-30-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Great individual who has passion for the game with great synthetic play, so can definitely adhere to RP rules that CO requires!