User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MISTFRAG, suprisedbaby - 3, 11; Malicious Compliance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I'm on my phone and on vacation. Even if you meant to push the sniper, you still did push myself and delay the briefing by 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As previously stated, I went for the highest ranking order in a confusing situation.

An officer ordered arrest is still an officer ordered arrest, besides the XO still needed to give briefing so I'm not wasting their time to hear out an explanation that would inevitably go back and forth.

At this point you had already resisted and shoved me, and the OOA was not rescinded

This argument is grasping at strings and makes 0 sense. ML clearly states "MPs MUST arrest that person". Not only does it state that, but it also says that the accused is meant to be brought to brig while I try and figure out what happened. As someone who has played MP you should know this, and should also know that I don't immediately have every single detail in my mind, once again, I am not a robot.

I don't get this argument at all. The arrest was clearly legal, even if you were innocent, because it was an OOA. What I had planned to do was follow the OOA procedure and collect my info in brig while you were there, however, you decided to resist and shove me while I was performing a legal arrest. That is not self defense, you were not in harms way, but trying to resist a legal arrest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact is that you imposed unnecessary time on me when I was acting in good faith.

Malicious Compliance does not apply in any case where IC or OOC provocation is present. (For example, following and taunting/threatening a player, engaging in mundane, but disruptive actions and continuing when asked or told to stop, etc)
    We can break down both of these clauses the rules give that you're using to defend yourself (?).

following and taunting/threatening a player
    Never once did I threaten you, or even anybody on the ship. Nor did I follow you around.

engaging in mundane, but disruptive actions and continuing when asked or told to stop
    Assuming this is what you're talking about for provocation, my accidental shove is (in my opinion), void here. You say I delayed briefing by 3 minutes - but are you including the time you took to get off the crane, knock me down and keep shoving me down with marines, then make a blurb about how I delayed it all?

All the while your staff officer and I were getting choked in front of you, you could care less.

I shoved you once, and even your staff officer made it clear to the situation that was in front of you, MISTFRAG, and you still pressed the highest charges you could.

[04:23:40]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: Was trying to save me (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [04:23:51]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: WSTOP (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [04:23:52]SAY: Jeramiah 'Butcher' Jenkins [1]: Fucksake (CKEY: SuprisedBaby_) (JOB: Military Police)
    [04:23:53]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: At once (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [04:23:56]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: The doctor (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [04:24:35]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: XO (JOB: Staff Officer)
    [04:24:38]SAY: Marcela De Silva [1]: Yes? (CKEY: MISTFRAG) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [04:24:46]SAY: Marcela De Silva [1]: I don't care. (CKEY: MISTFRAG) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    [04:24:48]SAY: Danny Sugar [1]: The spec was choking men (JOB: Staff Officer)
    For whatever reason - even after you were witness to the staff officer and I getting choked, me shoving him on the crane while you got off and had marines topple me, and while watching your staff officer start stabbing the sniper who uncloaked in front of you, on the crane, the exact place I kept shoving him at, ordered my arrest and kept it going while both of us had explained to you the situation at hand, how it was not in bad faith - yet you did not care, your only goal was to brig me, even though I was acting in good faith.

suprisedbaby was witness to all of this (and if he had just looked in his logs quick enough or listened to either of the explanations the SO or I gave and he would've seen/known everything), yet still carried through with the arrest although these actions were in good faith.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop with the memes, logs posted. Wait for management decision. Posts have been deleted and forum warnings issued.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Review of the logs show that the charges here were applied correctly, one disarm is indeed assault and the XO wanted charges pressed. The XO did not need to understand the context of the shoving, just that they were shoved and in the end that is what really mattered to them at that point. Resisting Arrest was applied correctly.

The logs do not reflect any rulebreak on the part of the XO player, MISTFRAG.

On the part of suprisedbaby, Using a player as a training dummy before their timer was set, delaying processing falls under Malicious Compliance "causing intentional delays in processing, release or appeal..." Misuse of Authority doesn't appear to apply here, as the MP does not appear to have used excessive force in the arrest or during confinement.

Training Cadets is important and good RP, but please don't extend another players time in custody unless they agree. Adding a note for the MP to reflect the delay. Please be mindful going forward.
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 11-28-2022 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Ugh. Typo.