User Tag List

Thread: aceroy - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aceroy - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    aceroy
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Fesstus Darngo
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    aceroy#2173
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A, it says I'm shor
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Moonshanks
    Total Ban Duration
    1 month, but it lists the expiration as March next year so I don't know
    Remaining Duration
    1 month?
    What other servers do you play on?
    none
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    no
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: Rule 10; Rule 1a. Said a vague statement in #deleted-channel potentially implying that “echo-chamber communities were spaces for groomers. DMs confirmed that they meant LGBTQ+ and Furry communities were spaces where grooming is more common than average, easier to do, and goes unpunished, because they believe these communities are inherently sexual. Escalated once due to multiple rulebreaks 1 month ban applied. Moonshanks - Expires March 18th 2023.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    I was completely mischaracterized as to being labeled a bigot.

In DMs with moonshanks they asked what I meant by grooming communities, with regards to twitter echo chambers. The echo chambers is very important. I tell them that communities can have people create echo chambers that turn into grooming circles. I personally have second hand accounts of this information.

"DMs confirmed that they meant LGBTQ+ and Furry communities were spaces where grooming is more common than average, easier to do, and goes unpunished, because they believe these communities are inherently sexual" This is a lie lumping multiple statements together in order to pain a specific picture of the situation. I said it is more common in these communities for grooming echo chambers to form because of the inherent sexual nature of the community. I did not say they go unpunished because of the sexual nature. That is putting words into my mouth, and I take extreme, and I mean very extreme, offense to assuming what I mean. This was all about echo chambers in these communities that are specifically on twitter, if moonshanks assumed it was about irl stuff, they should have informed me as much, I can't read their mind just as much as they can't read mine. On twitter, these communities that are expressly sexual, have a problem with people forming echo chambers that turn into grooming rings. They have trouble going unpunished BECAUSE the people on twitter form parasocial relationships with these people that form these echo chambers. This doesn't only happen in sexual communities either, it happens in communities that also have a lot to do with children, look at youtube and smash bros. If moonshanks bothered to ask me to elaborate on how I believe they go unpunished, I would have told them how it becomes hard to oust someone on twitter with a zealous following that live within that person's echo chamber, because that person will sick their following on these people, sending hate and death threats their way. I sympathize with not wanting to get hate and death threats, but I believe that it isn't an excuse.

I'll take a hit to rule 10 as talking about pedophilia might be an inappropriate topic. But I will not sit by and be called a bigot. Nor I will hold back my judgement of pedophiles to spare any community. If there are any pedophiles in your community. You should be doing EVERYTHING you can do get rid of them.

I give an ultimatum. Either remove my 1a violation, or openly state in your rules that levying pedophile accusations at any group of people is a rule violation. I am not going to hold any debate on this.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear, it's always the ones trying overly hard to protect groups of people who seem to believe this shit. I don't for a second think the trans community is any better or worse than the rest of the LGBT community when it come to child child grooming problems. The only sub community that doesn't seem to have as big a problem as the rest is the ace community, for rather self evident reasons. If you think the grooming problem lies more within the trans community than the rest. I don't care. Just don't force your bigoted beliefs on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for the previous person. They are not suited to handle the final verdict. As the current Discord Coordinator, I've taken a look at the evidence presented and discussed the situation with Moonshanks. Here's the verdict:

You were speaking about how communities and groups are harboring behavior for groomers. That alone is justification for intervention for how inappropriate the topic is. The conversation with you and Moonshanks in DMs lead him to his verdict to ban you for Rule 1a

Appeals aren't the place to fight a verdict, they are to recognize your mistakes and to appeal for them. The points you raised in this appeal do not address the rule break, nor do they absolve you of wrongdoing. This appeal is denied
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an image of the text before it was removed. I find it more insulting that you removed it. I have it uploaded to imgur.
    Attached Images Attached Images