Date of Incident
    November 16, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Wamakahana Windhealer

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Ahana

Accused Character Name
    Eleanor Tudor

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7:30 PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Mutiny. Roleplay Expectations

Description of the incident:
    Preface : Alright. I'm making this report on Ahana for their behaviour on a round a few days ago. I understand that this took place more than 48 hours ago, but given that their was already a report up (against me) about it, I didn't want their to be 2 reports up that would confuse staff. I did plan to make this report after the round, but was simply beat to it (you can even see in the discord LRC that I was planning to). This is also not a "salty counter report", while I do personally believe that Ahana's report was in bad faith against me and an utter waste of staff time, I am not making this report just to get back at them but rather to have everything on the table to ensure that my own grievences with them are atleast handled officially and not forgotten about so this can happen again.

Onto the report itself.

Ahana, while playing as XO broke the roleplay expectations of high ranking officers who are enforced to follow orders at all times. Just as an SL cannot run off and rambo without following his squads orders, an XO is not allowed to run off from their duties to engage in whatever they want.

Ahana's whole reason for this activity was "The CO is not giving CIC any autonomy". In their case this meant I was not allowing the XO to give squads orders, the reason for this is very simple, I am the CO and I am in charge of the marines. The XO had plenty of responsibility to do shipside, departments needed to be madesure they were running, logistics handled, overwatch, OB loading and firing, doing callouts, announcing tacmaps and reinforcing my own orders etc etc. After arguing with me for a good while on comms about me not letting them be in charge, they decided to mess with my round by recalling me to the ship. Their whole "IC reason" for being mad at me is completely bunk and shows a foul misunderstanding of how rank structure and RP works on CM, the CO is in charge of the marines whether they deploy or stay in CIC, the XO is subordinate to them, end of story.

Ahana forced me to undeploy groundside and return to the Almayer, which I did as fast as I could, when I reach CIC I ordered Ahana to stay in CIC and man an overwatch station. Instead Ahana left CIC against orders, and was reported to be organizing a mutiny against me. This mutiny I believe was both unauthorized by staff and a complete rejection of the RP guidelines expected of a role such as XO. I ordered them several times to return to CIC, they refused, it was not an accidental mishearing, they purposely forced me to come man CIC so they could abandon their own duties they signed up for when they rolled XO.

I did tell them to cryo, this may have come off as rude or mean, but I was under the impression that they didn't want to play XO under my leadership anymore (which is fine, you dont have to), and so asked them to go cryo so someone else could take the role as at that point they are just wasting it. Considering they were acting basically insubordinate and undermining me with announcements all round I think I was well within my rights to tell them to either "do their job or go cryo". I was particually angry when I found out they still wanted to stay on round as XO, and so they effectively messed with my round by forcing me from groundside for no good reason, knowing that they could do so by exploiting the rule on CO-XO deployment.

At the very end of the round, while Ahana was hiding shipside, someone ran up to me and grief OD'd me with injectors and I died, I did ahelp this but it was right before the round ended and dont think it got seen.

I believe they exploited the WL guidelines on CO deployment to get me removed from groundside, in an extremely bad faith manner. They did not need me in CIC to help them man CIC, they had the experience to do it and were fine with running CIC without me for the majority of the round.

While not my place to decide I do believe Ahana should face a full ban of leadership roles as they have proven they are incapable of understanding the very nature of playing as an officer, that being that you have to follow orders. They should not be taking important slots from more deserving players when they use it to act in bad faith, break guidelines and abuse privileges to mess with other players enjoyment of the game.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Alot of the evidence, and I assume the logs that were already gathered were from this report : //showthrea...COC-2-Roleplay

Hopefully staff don't have to waste time pulling logs again and they got saved somewhere.

If anyone needs it, I do have a FULL recording of my side of the round, but I would need to edit it down as their are alot of times I was alt tabbing to check social media.

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Grimreaper has told me to write on the report that he's approved it being slightly over 48 hours : https://gyazo.com/59babc7f1bec555c836b03e4ba49fcbf

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full disclosure: I had made the call to not delay the round end for an investigation, and instead recommend a player report on Dreven (from Ahana) because
    - I had no idea that Ahana had (allegedly) done anything wrong
    - It would have taken a very long time to properly investigate everything and hash things out, and the round had just ended by the time I had answered Ahana's ahelp about Dreven
    - Issues with the CO are best resolved with the CO whitelist council

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm aware of this report and I'll have a response shortly.

I would like to personally request some specific logs to be pulled:
    • Different CIC personnel asking for autonomy
    • Myself asking Dreven what I should be doing (and following through with his requested TacMaps/relays)
    • Repeatedly making attempts to contact the shipside engineering personnel to load the OB, then finally loading it myself as they were unresponsive.
    • Dreven trying to bully me into cryoing.
    • Dreven using multicomms and announcements to insult/harass me.
    • When I left CIC for a moment to speak with the heads of staff who approached me for a possible mutiny, when Dreven ordered marines shipside to protect him because with his reasoning "plotting against him" which essentially forced my hand to grasp for popular support before ahelping with it to begin the mutiny (which popular support wasn't given as the round ended, so the mutiny never went through).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMP this round and personally witnessed Tudor cause several arguments over comms with the actively deployed CO over their lack of autonomy, an obvious show of unreasonable insubordination as their XO.

This culminated in the XO declaring their intent to cryo, forcing Windhealer to return shipside, which would normally be fine except for the fact that they immediately went back on their word and continued to hinder the operation once he returned shipside, adversely affecting his round for no good reason and (in my opinion) actively breaking XO role expectations by committing gross insubordination, hindering the operation, and effectively going AWOL instead of just cryoing to let someone else take over or going along with the job they selected.

Not only this, but in the ladder half of the round Tudor actively abandoned their post against the orders of the CO and best efforts by my understaffed team to bring them back by the COs orders. Tudor actively ignored radio calls from myself and the CO attempting to bring them back to their post, at one point even actively obstructing myself from confronting and detaining them by moving crates to block my path as I attempted pursuit (this occurred in the OB room).

While Windhealers actions as CO might be considered distasteful by some, they are the result of an aggressive (yet effective) method of command, and definitely did not justify the actions of Tudor in any way past their initial comments of disagreement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull logs
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Logs

Key:
    Windhealer (Dreven)
    Eleanor Tudor (Ahana)
    __________________________________________________ ______________

CO and XO's introduction
    Spoiler Spoiler:

SO wants to deploy, XO refuses

Spoiler Spoiler:

Issue of autonomy
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO Conferring with the CMP

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO reports success & the XO is incredulous of success

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO eventually rejects the XO's request

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO attempts to take over CO's actions

Spoiler Spoiler:

Further friction between the two

Spoiler Spoiler:

Caldwell is deployed & XO effectively goes on strike

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mutiny planning

Spoiler Spoiler:

Windhealer arrives in CIC

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO deserts to organise mutiny

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO orders XO back

Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO is assassinated by OD Injection conspired by the XO

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin talks to Ahana

Spoiler Spoiler:

PS:

Sorry for the large manner I have compiled this and the lateness of it, I was unable to find time recently to go over it and also this is such a wide-encompassing accused rule-break I couldn't bring myself to exclude any (what I see as) crucial context. I am sure my log pulling will shorten with time,
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following the logs I have no doubt in my mind that Ahana deserves a full ban from leadership positions. In the past they have pushed FAR over the line several times, organising an illegal mutiny and then having someone grief me (even if it was a legal mutiny, you can't just run up to the CO and OD them to death without any talking). Someone like this should not be playing SO or XO, taking the role away from people who are responsible, understand chain of command and at the very least don't try to revolve the entire game around themselves. I'm also not entirely sure why the admin told them that "typically the highest rank aboard the ship is in command", this is not true, the CO can delegate command but you are more than capable of deploying while still commanding the round. Ahana claims that they "weren't checked if I was comfortable with windhealer deploying", which is an outright lie, I told them I was deploying and they were then had 20 minutes to tell me that they would be more comfortable with me staying in CIC, which I would have.

As my final statement I standby all my actions in this report and do not see how Ahana could be allowed to continue playing XO after several major rule breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently, I've reached out to the log puller to get some logs I believe are relevant to the situation, as well as some contextual logs for some of the things on my part. I feel these are absolutely necessary to the case (especially the part about conspiring to assassinate the CO, I was telling heads of staff to do something else entirely). They will hopefully be able to be retrieved shortly.

(I'd also like to point out my threat to murder the CO was not aimed at the CO and is missing the context of the SO asking for permission to PB me with his shotgun (that he had for some reason). It was not aimed at him. One of the examples why more context is needed for actions I took.)

As for you, Dreven.
    Someone like this should not be playing SO or XO, taking the role away from people who are responsible, understand chain of command and at the very least don't try to revolve the entire game around themselves.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I can only advise you to try and command holistically as a CO, instead of individually. CIC shouldn't be reduced (at least, in my opinion) to posting TacMaps and clicking OB screens. I can only imagine how the staff officers felt because they couldn't even manage their squads to try and send fireteams to objectives or reroute them for a more secure path, as you wanted everything to go through you. I did my job and what you requested of me the best I could. I find it really ironic that in this same report where you respond by telling me not to try and revolve the game around solely myself that you force all marine players to answer through you, then try to bully me into leaving the game outright. I don't know how trying to harass or bully someone into cryoing is not a breach of rule 3 as it was denied in my report against you, but nonetheless, the situation needs more logs to be resolved. I'll post my report as soon as I can once I get them up with the log puller.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Currently, I've reached out to the log puller to get some logs I believe are relevant to the situation, as well as some contextual logs for some of the things on my part. I feel these are absolutely necessary to the case (especially the part about conspiring to assassinate the CO, I was telling heads of staff to do something else entirely). They will hopefully be able to be retrieved shortly.

(I'd also like to point out my threat to murder the CO was not aimed at the CO and is missing the context of the SO asking for permission to PB me with his shotgun (that he had for some reason). It was not aimed at him. One of the examples why more context is needed for actions I took.)

As for you, Dreven.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can only advise you to try and command holistically as a CO, instead of individually. CIC shouldn't be reduced (at least, in my opinion) to posting TacMaps and clicking OB screens. I can only imagine how the staff officers felt because they couldn't even manage their squads to try and send fireteams to objectives or reroute them for a more secure path, as you wanted everything to go through you. I did my job and what you requested of me the best I could. I find it really ironic that in this same report where you respond by telling me not to try and revolve the game around solely myself that you force all marine players to answer through you, then try to bully me into leaving the game outright. I don't know how trying to harass or bully someone into cryoing is not a breach of rule 3 as it was denied in my report against you, but nonetheless, the situation needs more logs to be resolved. I'll post my report as soon as I can once I get them up with the log puller.

Again all of this is irrelevent, you already made a report over me "being too controlling as CO", you had your duties as XO, you don't get to throw a hissyfit over not being able to give random orders out when I already had a plan in motion. I had good reason to tell you to cryo, because you made it out that you were leaving the game so I had to undeploy, then you just go AWOL instead, effectively wasting the XO slot and abusing the rule to ruin my deployment. Then you hosted an illegal mutiny (I dont think you even had 5 people) and had me killed with zero escalation (against mutiny rules, even if it was a legal one). You should not be playing XO with this kind of behaviour.