Date of Incident
    November 24, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    CAM
    Their BYOND Key
    Moonshanks
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:47PM GMT+2
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    1. Abuse of moderator/admin powers
    Description of the incident
    During an LV-522 round, Moonshanks decided to give the marines a nuke to end the round. It was a three hours round full of fighting, where most of it the marines have been pushing the xenomorphs repeatedly and almost reached the hive multiple times. At some point thanks to the efforts of skirmishers getting caps, we've reached a steady amount of xenomorphs and even had caps to spare, and started to push them back, reaching their FOB. At the time, their numbers from the last QM announcement were 40, while ours at the time was around 17. Taking this into considering, the hive kept attacking the FOB however due to the immense amount of flamer weaponry they had, it was literally green flames in every direction, making it near impossible for anything other than ravs to try and attack the cades. So we've been waiting for caps to pop to get the numbers advantage to finally breach into the FOB (it had MANY layers and we were actually getting through already, but very slowly), when suddenly we were alerted that the enemy hive is deploying a hive killer.

I understand that the round has been long and other people want to play, when we finally made progress, why was the nuke given to the marines? Hell, I personally wouldn't have minded if we were given a warning about it beforehand, and it wasn't a surprise of "act now or die". Or at the very least make it a surprise and give us something in return to help with the sieging, ANYTHING AT ALL, which would've resulted in either we die, or the FOB is taken by the xenomorphs and you can end the round at "Marines evacced but no hijack". After the round ended, I've asked Moonshanks why the decision was made, and was told it was because it was a stalemate, even though we've started getting a numbers advantage and broke down their first line of defenses and were moving into the others.

In the end, what's happened has happened. I sure as hell am annoyed about it since I've spent most of the three hours on the xenomorph team, so obviously I was invested in that round only for it to be ended in such a way. I'm not asking for any serious action against Moonshanks since in the end, he did it to end a long round so others can join into the next one, however I believe in this situation, since we were about to break the stalemate, it was a hasty and ill-thought one. And through this report I'd like the staff to also seek other methods to end the round in a more fair way, as simply giving one side an advantage is brutally unfair to the opposing players.
    Evidence
    None, get logs if you think it's necessary.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, this was me, not Moonshanks. I told you this in the in-game ahelp.

Staff protocol was followed, the game was at a standstill and we were at 3 hours into the round.

It was unlikely things were moving one way or the other any time soon.

You were given a pre-warning via a QM announcement.

Have a good one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies, it was MorrowWolf, I somehow mistook him for Moonshanks which was a mistake I realized after issuing the report. (I contacted him to fix this as well if possible.)

Please explain how the game was at a standstill when we've finally started pushing into the marine cades and steadily making progress while having 7 caps waiting to be burst in the hive?

I'm not sure if that was the pre-warning or a pre-set thing for a nuke being deployed, since the time between the first and second announcement was so little, I barely had time to consider my options before being forced to de-ovi and start a siege immediately. If it was in fact a given warning, then the warning period was so extremely short, it didn't seem like it was a staff intervention.

And to iterate, I understand the nuke was to end a long round, and I was just informed that a manager approved it as well. If need be, simply deny this staff report but I believe the method to end this round is questionable seeing we actually made progress against the marines, and if possible maybe find solutions to ending future long rounds with something other than "give marines a nuke and force a siege".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a PSA to everyone

Stop making reports about the Nuke being used. That is literally it’s purpose to end 3 to 4 hour rounds.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids