User Tag List

Thread: Platoon Leader/Platoon Sergeant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Platoon Leader/Platoon Sergeant

Maybe this has been suggested before because it seems fairly obvious to me that it might have. As an actual Infantry officer in the U.S. National Guard, it pains me that I cannot RP as a butter bar in the field.

I know that the CO can take to the field but immersions sake it doesn't make any sense that a major is on the frontline of a battle. I know we have staff officers who can help direct, but nobody plays that role and if they do, they're barely any help.

Therefore, I suggest that they add these two roles to help coordinate ground forces in real-time. This will help alleviate pressure from squad leaders who can know focus more on fighting while a PL and PSG assess the current engagement and determine the next best course of action. Open for discussion or you can tell me why this hasn't worked.

I've been thestabman and thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be the change you want to see, nothing's stopping you or anyone else for that matter from going SO and convincing their CO to let them deploy, if you are really lucky you may even get a command APC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally just play SO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestabman View Post
    I know we have staff officers who can help direct, but nobody plays that role and if they do, they're barely any help.
    lol what

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is a funny meme. On the serious let squad leaders lead. Ninety nine point nine percent of any SO who goes down to lead the troops is just running down to Unga.

People take leadership roles for a reason. Let's not make things that micromanage squad leads with no real benefit. Like even in the rare instances that such a role would actually help with cohesion its because of the person not the rank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that's how tgmc does it. You have a shipside CO and a groundside CO, both roles are completely distinct. Regardless of how well it fits the game or not I do it's a better set up. At least you wouldn't get people joining to play XO and then wanting to deploy grounside but oh it's a meme CO who always leads their troops from the front so the XO has to cryo and sit out the round or stay in CIC and be miserable.

To me it's the exact same issue as the PO system where you'd get 4 POs to fly 2 dropships, and now they've broken that up into PO and Dropship Crew Chief which just works a lot better.