Date of Incident
    December 2, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Javier Handford
    Their BYOND Key
    Firecharge123
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 19:35pm to 20pm Central US Time
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I was chasing a warrior with another marine, we kill him and a alpha marine walked to us and flamed me, i return the fire with slug ( i know he is not gonna die, Also its personal defense) i walk out after slugging him and then he chases me and flamed me again... after that a bravo marine shoot once the alpha marine, the bravo say ''what the hell man'' and the alpha just kill him even when he could stop there.

I also mentioned to firecharge123 to get another admin so he could get another opinion and take better action/enforcement but he refused to take my advice.

After the ban i asked the opinion of frozen and he told me that was personal defense, and it was not improper escalation.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the sake of clarity and transparency, I was sent the above video minus context which appeared to show a case of grief/self defence. I instructed fuente to post this appeal so I (and the other handling staff) can get a better understanding into the context and investigation.
    Thanks! and have a CM Day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna just make it short and simple: Clarke accidentally ffed, he thought the flamer nozzle attachment could shoot over the guy because it shoots directly where you click. Handford pbed him before Clarke could even say sorry, Clarke even put away his flamer right after ffing him and was going to say sorry. Handford has multiple notes and bans for no hesitation killing people for accidental ff and IE. Clarke was being pinned as a griefer, followed proper escalation as best they could as they were being shot and shooting back at the people who shot them during the incident.

Honestly should've taken action to the guy who shot Clarke with the rifle too- but the round was delayed for 49 mins at this point so I wrapped it up faster than I should have. I was entirely alone as everyone logged off and wasn't coming to help, and was taking on multiple ahelps at the same time, so I just went with protocol and saving the rest of the rounds enjoyability. All 3 people were at fault for continued assaults, but Handford was banned justly off of player history and actions In the situation, the other two were fairly newer so I pinned this in baldiness (Clarke and rifle man.) I handled it the best I could on a time crunch and made the decisive decision to take the ban approach for the situation.
    Last edited by Firecharge123; 12-04-2022 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Clarke believed that the flamer nozzle attachment could shoot over people, why would he fire it IN the pathway of TWO marines walking towards him? If the fireball did pass me, it would've landed on the marine who was following behind me. In that situation, firing the flamer would hit any of us with that reasoning, there was no point to fire in the first place. He also did not put his flamer away, he is literally still holding it.

I also did not escalate the situation past the retaliation slug, and moved on and even put MY WEAPON away. He CHASED me down to flame me. The Bravo marine who stumbled upon the scene bursted him due to witnessing the murder, stopped shooting him and asked him "The hell man" and began to walk away.

Clarke literally responded to him "He shot me back" and proceeded to chase down the Bravo marine and flame him too AFTERWARDS. I do not believe the ban was justified at all, as I did not kill him nor did I continue to berate him after the slug. He chased me down to literally kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Karla, the one who sent the ahelp in the first place, I saw it happen, i feel there was no good will or mistake aside of the first instance, he flamed 2 marines to death for absolute no reason aside of not being able to take responsability for his action, which led to all 3 of them dying and going perma, i don't feel he wasn't playing on good faith at all, you don't just flame 2 people by accident.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuente1 - Guy first hit, and person making the report.

MrDuckyton 3rd guy who got involved in the shootout.

Nero3217 - Guy with the flamer that set OP on fire.

Firecharge123 - Staff handling the incident

Left out aghosts, jumps, msay, and distress beacons. They do not appear to have any meaningful impact on this report.
    Included anonymous ahelp logs form someone not named in this report, but who made a related ahelp.

Bulk of original incident, starts a bit earlier than the video. Some of it is in the later sections as it overlaps ahelps, thos that is mostly just discussions among the players by that point.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Start of ahelps chain, some more discussions is still going on among the people involved.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After careful review I will be Denying this report for a number of reasons.

I believe Firecharge's assesment of the situation was correct, in that Nero3217 shot at the warrior they thought was alive still, mistakenly flaming Fuente1 in the process. Fuente1 retaliated and as such committed I.E. While this would also mean MrDuckyton had comitted I.E. too I will not be overturning Firecharge's decision not to note them, as it doesn't seem as though they were involved in the initial conflict, and could have been confused due to lack of info. (It's reasonable to assume MrDuckyton believed they were acting in self defence/defence of Fuente1).

This situation was messy and is open to interpretation depending on who's version of events you believe. It should have been ahelped INSTEAD OF Fuente1 chosing to retaliate, doing so would have saved them from recieving a day ban.

With all of this in mind this appeal is denied, I strongly believe Firecharge's assesment of the events is accurate, and as such, the actions they took were appropriate.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: