Discord Username?
    Mr Moon#8844

CM Character?
    John Crimson and JO---Y

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Atleast a round every other day minimum, normally would be a couple rounds a day

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Ive done some staffing on some gmod servers and i have recently become a discord volunteer and wish to further myself

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Checked them out, decided they werent for me, CM is the only real one that has stuck

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    For simplicity sake i will retrieve the ones i have made in the last 3 months,
    //showthrea...er-Application - Volunteer app Accepted

//showthrea...ja-Application - Yautja app - pending

//showthrea...ic-Application - Synthetic app Withdrawn

//showthrea...ja-Application - Yautja app Denied

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    N/A

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Can do!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would investigate the situation to find out whether or whether not it was following escalation rules, if there was no build up to the fight then i would contact them, inform them they are being noted and follow escalation if they have any other notes along IE, afterwards I would allow the MPs to carry out the arrest

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform them that honor code is an issue that needs to be taken up in a player report on the forums to undergo a proper investigation with council members

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If there is a SEA online i would inform them of the player, if not then I would ask any mentors able to step in to help the player to do so, if there are no mentors on I would attempt to see if i could get one online

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would inform them how insulting staff members wont get them anywhere, assuming this namecalling came from a note being issued, I would include the player's verbal abuse in the note under a rule 3 violations

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would find the player in question and pm them informing them of our naming rules, I would then use the admin menu to change their name before informing them that i will be noting the incident under rule 9 to ensure its not a recurring theme

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This would be more an IC issue regarding SOP, if they are not breaking rules I personally see no issue with it, they may be preparing to deploy to assist with fob for example

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would inform them how hostile survivors are not a thing and it is explicitly stated in rule 2, if the survivor did not follow escalation i would note them with breaking rule 2 and rule 10

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    If this is true, then I would take 1 of 2 routes, either send in provost to resolve the situation, or I would contact the MP in question and inform them they are in violation of rule 11 as theft is not grounds for permanent confinement, if they have notes similar to the situation I would follow escalations

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a message to both sides from their respective leaders along the lines of "Get the courage to attack now, i will not allow cowardice" etc. If only 1 side takes the initiative and attacks then i will give that side some reinforcements to fund their attacks

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I am playing in character and directly involved with the situation I would contact any other staff members on the server to attempt to resolve the situation, if nothing is able to be done at the time then I feel the best way to get proper punishment would be to make a player report for griefing

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG does not apply to hostile factions, fighting may continue after round end as long as it isn't blue on blue

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This seems to be a case of either roundstart shenanigans or general griefing, both of which are rule breaks so i would contact the player to understand their intentions, if they fall under either catagory, which they most likely will, i would proceed with a note and follow escalation for previous notes

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would figure out whether this situation had followed escalation, if both players had enaged eachother with fists, then dangerous melee then firearms then it would not be a rulbreak and so would not be punished for it, if they did not follow escalation rules then i would note them for breaking rule 10

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would make an MOOC announcement stating the mutiny was not proper and any acts of mutiny will be in violation of rule 11 and will be noted as such

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Due to the fact of it being a larger group of players and the comments being minor I would announce in MOOC that bigotry falls under rule 3 and any continuation of such acts will result in proper punishment following escalation

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Due to this being a clear case of no intent to properly playing the game and clear griefing, I would ban the player for 30 days and file for a permanent ban, those affected would recieve an aheal to not ruin their experience because of 1 person

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would inform them that they are to remain in hive as per rule 2 and due to this clear ignorance of the rules and wasting larva i would issue a xenomorph ban along side a note

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would inform the player that the server's RP standards are at MRP, not LRP and that they would be getting noted of the incident

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xeno speak is a translation of what they are saying, people may immerse themselves into the role of a xenomorph but that does not mean you are to enforce it on other people

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would contact the command staff in question and inform them as per rule 2 that humans are not to know there are xenomorphs on the planet, I would check their note history whether or whether not they have any notes similar to the incident, if not I would leave it at a verbal warning since it is not that big of a deal

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    As per rule 10 IE exceptions, this falls under one of them, due to the evac pod being full including the player, it is reasonable for them to do this especially since it is explicitly said on the rule page, it would be a different story if there were other evac pods available nearby, if there were then I would note the player for IE and follow escalation if needed

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would contact them and inform them how their behaviour is unacceptable and in violation of rule 3 "dont be a dick" and so i would note them as such following escalation if needed

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform them how SSD cases are an issue outside of the jurisdiction of the staff team due to the case by case basis and being hard to enforce

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If I am aware of the wrong information or the rule they got wrong then i would correct them, if it was malicious though and they intentionally enforced a rule incorrectly or give wrong information then i would inform a manager of the situation

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would advise a higher ranking staff member to step in to have the final say if there is one available, otherwise if i am not of a higher ranking staff member then my contribution would not be of great value and so i would stay out of it and trust the staff members to keep it civil

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Because I have spent some time recently staffing on a gmod server and would like to recreate the experience in CM, I believe i am capable of doing so and would like to try

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Honesty, a liar in a position of power is bound to have things go wrong

Anything else you want to add?
    That's all
    Last edited by Mr Moon; 12-09-2022 at 07:10 AM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admin nerd here. I'm going to give you a big info dump non what I like/dislike and give a vote.

The purpose of these infodumps aren't to disswade you from applying but to provide very detailed feedback in the off chance you need to re-apply, or others see your app and want to apply themselves. It may look daunting and you DO NOT need to reply to all of it DW.

At a rough glance I can see that the intent behind your replies is all good, and having known you a bit in the community I'm happy to say I'm leaning toward a +1.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mister Moon has been a great volunteer on the team so far with absorbing information and following guidelines. I think they could easily make it with the staff team +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from a few minor issues in a couple of answers, you're pretty spot-on with how we do things. I can tell that your heart is in the right place and that you'll make a great moderator in time.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, good discord team member. Worthy of a +1

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are good and you are already a discord volunteer: +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Echoing what the team said above, this is a really good app, your answers show a good understanding of CM rules, and any issues can be sorted out during training. I'm happy to welcome you to the team!

Please make sure DMs are open, we'll be reaching out to you soon to get you set up!