DEADmetal03

Date of Incident
    December 9, 2022

Your Character Name?
    DMT

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    Dom 'Slayer' (Lolvax1), Forrest Pines (Medium Salad)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    around 8 AM UTC (not sure)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 6. No metacommunication

Description of the incident:
    Dom's path on the map is light grey, mine is red.

On Trijent Dam, Dom went up to near the southern podlock, where with another person he waited a little, they were deweeding the area iirc. After the other player went away, he peeked inside the podlock room alone, entering it one tile deep - as if trying to bait an attack from any possible stalking xenos - even though there were weeds and xeno defenses in there. Needless to say, this was not a good move if taken out of context - it in fact was a terrible move as by someone with as many play hours as Strobia has. I.e., from IC perspective, he had no situational awareness of that area, and being without company, he could have easily been capped or killed.

Meanwhile, I was waiting near the door and cloaked as soon as he headed in. Note, he could not have known my location by MD indication as I was not moving the whole time. So there was our first engagement. Soon after I chased him, as shown on the map, to the second engagement area. This time he was baiting me while laying prone there. Of course, this particular detail could be attributed to MD - although, given the next part of the context, explanation to all of his otherwise weird actions becomes evident.

I attemted to disengage and ran across the river to south, he followed and got me into crit before I reached the other side, I died just beside that pole. He came up to macro-laugh at my corpse and have at it as per usual, for several seconds before heading back north. Forrest Pines trash talked me immediately in the dchat.

So, events up to this point, even if mediated by Dom's weird behavior, are not strongly suggestive of metacomms - not given the benefit of the doubt at least. However, what happened later was not just suggestive of metacomms but it was a confirmation of metacomms, if one is to be realistic here.

After I replied to Forrests trashtalk and spent a few more minutes observing the round, I ghost jumped to Dom to observe him - after about 5 minutes of dying. I found him south east of the Hydro Dam, on the north side of the river. Forrest's ghost (and one other xeno ghost) was orbiting him. Few seconds later (so few seconds after I started observing him), he went out of his way (he was not going there prior) and started crossing the river again. He then went up to my corpse and did the same thing as he did before, but this time very excessively, for at least one minute if not two - trash talked to himself while punching my corpse.

Note, there were no marine forces or marine defenses on that side of the river, near the hospital. So just to underline: he was all alone there, taking a few minutes of his round, as well as of course taking a needless risk, to - what from IC perspective would be utterly pointless and from a players perspective would be borderline pointing to their insanity - continuously spam his laughing macro, trash talk and keep punching the same corpse for the second time, and this time for much longer than at first.

Evident conclusion here: he was informed by Forrest of the fact that I started observing him - so this would explain his later detour to where I died and his actions there. His metacommunication with Forrest would also explain his weird behavior prior to that point.

Also note, he and Forrest have a strong metagrudge on me.

I am not making this report for any action to be taken against these players for, obviously, in order for that to happen they would have to report themselves. I'm making it as a recent - and, honestly, probably the best I've encountered - example of metacomms in my would be suggestion for how to prevent it from being a highly viable means of gaining valuable OOC info.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 12-11-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Added accused ckeys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the marine forces were on the northern side of the river at that time, and further away from the river - around the Hydro Dam and pushing into Excavation through the western podlock.

Also, I didn't find a Trijent round with a matching run length as reported in the last round info discord channel. This one ran for well over an hour or two, and I think it had started later than one shown in the channel by which I approximated my time report. So I think there should have been one more Trijent round situated between this 30 minute one two days ago and the one yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so, he shooted a xeno that was walking in acid water and is (((very killable))) in a vulnerable position?

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medium Salad - accused ghost
    Lolvax1 - accused player
    DEADmetal03 - lurker

Msay logs were dmed to manager. Investigation in round appears to have been inconclusive.

Logs for the round. for the 3 players excluding tgi and a few other irrelevant stuff.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Tgui logs for mediumsalad in the relevant period. They largely appear to have been in the area. There is a bit more info in each entry but it is relatively hard to get. Use link to figure out where they were. Logs with 3 as the final triplet are planet side, in this section all but 1 instance.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very detailed logs and details in report considered properly. Thank you. I didn't see a line indicating that I've started observing Dom after 4 to 5 minutes from my death - after which he immediately went to my corpse again. The most telling detail in this report.

But again, I'm not expecting anything to be done here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! After reviewing the logs and information provided (thank you for being so thorough, Ito! Much appreciated) I did not find any actionable evidence of metacommunication.

I usually try to include a bit more information to explain why action on a report is or isn't taken, but in this case, since the information provided is inconclusive, I feel it would be inappropriate to all involved for me to speculate on why someone is or is not breaking rules.