Date of Incident
    December 13, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Discord ID: F.F#3060
    Their BYOND Key
    MrDadMan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:17
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I am writing to report a concerning issue with the way that the SS13CM Discord server is handling bans. I have been banned from the server multiple times, and I believe that these bans are not in accordance with the server's stated ban procedures. To get the entire context of the situation, it must be evaluated from the very start.

Firstly, I was given a verbal warning for "Spreading Misinformation and denying the Uyghur genocide" by Grimreaper. This is a difficult and complex topic, and I believe that it is important for admins to be more careful when it comes to the matter of geopolitical issues. Calling the events in Xinjiang a "genocide" is inaccurate, as sources overwhelmingly avoid using this term and there is heavy criticism of its use, because these events do not resemble any widely accepted example of a historical genocide (e.g., no allegations of mass killing) and because it undermines the severity of actual genocides (you can even see countless people pointing this out on the discussion page of its Wikipedia article). Furthermore, the situation in Xinjiang may be concerning and warrants further investigation, but calling it a genocide is not accurate and could only potentially harm efforts to address the issue.

But, if you don't see it like that. That's on you, nevertheless, fine. However - several days later I was given a recorded warning by Moonshanks for the very same "offense" just described, not another instance of me doing it, but literally the very same offense I was already verbally warned for. His warning stated that the next infraction would result in an immediate escalation to a perma ban. This is a clear violation of the server's ban guidelines, which state that bans should escalate as follows: verbal warning - recorded warning - 1 day - 3 days - 1 week - 1 month - Perma.

Weeks later, I was then banned for alleged "rape denial", which was a completely untrue allegation. I was unbanned shortly thereafter, when I confronted MrDadMan about this. He told me to "avoid other sensitive topics like this", but the they did not further elaborate on what might constitute as a sensitive topic.

Here is where my current ban comes in. I was initially banned for 30 days for posting a meme in #shitposting about social credit vs banking credit, and starting a discussion about the differences between the two, after having been confronted by another person about it. This discussion was neither long nor disrespectful, It lasted for about a couple messages and essentially amounted to me posting a few links to further material so people could read about it if they so choose.
    This is what ultimately resulted in my current ban, despite the fact that similar topics are discussed on the server on a daily basis, including by staff members. My ban was then arbitrarily changed to a perma ban upon confronting MrDadMan about this. MrDadMan used my previous ban for "rape denial" as evidence of my alleged constantl rule breaks, despite the fact that he himself had ruled that ban as being on invalid grounds.

I feel that I am being targeted for my beliefs on China, as they differ from the mainstream views on the server. This has resulted in my bans being disproportionately severe and not in accordance with the server's stated ban procedures. particularly Grimreaper, who in the past has openly called to ban me in the past for merely disagreeing with my opinions in #current-events (I don't have screenshots of this, unfortunately. I could find the message on the server, though, if I was on it), and Moonshanks. While I believe that Grimreaper has targeted me, I think that in Moonshanks' case it is less of a targeted bias against me and more just incompetence and misunderstandings.

MrDadMan told me to report specifically himself as he is ultimately responsible for my ban. (https://imgur.com/a/Kd8n6hB)
    However, if such a thing is possible, I'd like to also add Grimreaper and Moonshanks to the list of the accused, and would also like to add "1. Malicious intent" to the things I'm reporting, on top of "Enforcement taken."

I request that the situation be reviewed and that appropriate action be taken.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    Evidence
    Discord ban procedures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xSCZVT9_8/edit

My warns and bans: https://imgur.com/a/4oHiUSo

For more clear context, the image and message in question that resulted in my invalid ban about "rape denial"(Multiple images, scroll down): https://imgur.com/a/3CzMMOv

My discussion with Moonshanks about this: https://imgur.com/a/J7WzFCx

My discussion with MrDadMan following my invalid ban about "rape denial": https://imgur.com/a/5MS7b8M

My discussion with MrDadMan following the 30-Day ban: https://imgur.com/a/kIIIbBY

Additionally, I request for whomever is assigned to investigate this, that they post the full conversation in #shitposting that resulted in my ban, so that more clear context is established about the thing that ultimately got me banned.
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grimreaperx15 and Moonshanks have no obligation to share anyone else involved. I am the manager of the discord and was the one who made the final decision on your ban

What I gave you was a manager ban, which is something managers can do outside of escalation to give a ban that isn't necessarily covered through the rules or policy. It was also within policy that I decided to upgrade your punishment to a permanent ban. I reduced your previous infraction from a ban against my team's wishes because I saw misinterpretation in the topic you were discussing; that doesn't mean your discussions are appropriate regardless

I told you directly that the topics you address and discuss with others were sensitive and warned you that you could be banned if you continued. You agreed to avoid them, yet you go against my warning in a channel for shitposting not even a week after I gave you a warning and ban from the current-events channel. You didn't take my leniency seriously and received a permanent ban because of it, just as I addressed might happen if you didn't cool the topics down
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that the admins have the right to enforce their own rules on the server, but I also believe that it is important for admins to be fair and consistent in their enforcement of those rules. What I posted could barely constitute as a rule break. Similar topics are discussed on the server on a daily basis, including by staff members. If the moderation team is truly committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the community, I would expect them to take action against these types of comments as well.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Escalation as a Manager is within standing policy, and political debates are not what the server is for.

As for other things being discussed, we act on what gets reported to us, and what we see directly. The staff team is not omniscient. If you find things like that that you believe we should act on, report it.

No action taken, MrDadMan was within policy.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001