Date of Incident
    December 14, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Goddard 'Eagle' Pearsall

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Baldric Caine

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:30PM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    The long and short of it is the Normandy/Transport PO named here was operating the dropship in possibly the most abysmal way I've seen to the point where I can't come up with a way this wasn't grief. First, they launched at least a few minutes before brief was supposed to start with very few Marines, which forced the XO to not give briefing. Secondly, it took them about 10 minutes after this to complete a full cycle back up and down, resulting in more than half of Marine force not landing groundside before the fog dropped. This led to the Marines being completely unprepared when almost the entire hive pushed across the river, leading to an FOB siege at about the 38 minute mark. After that, in spite of the FOB being breached extremely quickly (and the fact that at least five minutes had passed) Normandy did not land groundside until essentially the entire groundside force was dead and the Normandy PO was ghosted/disconnected when the dropship landed. This is the big thing here: in a 40-ish minute ground round, the dropship only landed three times and the Marines were wiped out due to the extreme delays the PO forced on us. Marines were screaming and begging (myself included) for either the PO to launch or for CIC/an SL to launch instead both for second launch and evac, which as far as I know went unanswered.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    None, sadly. I believe the launches would be recorded in the logs though

Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So from discussions in discord it seems that, apparently, the Normandy PO was new and looking at the current timelocks it's actually possible to become PO without playing DCC first. Considering this may actually be a player's first time in the dropship's cockpit I'd like to retract this report before wasting staff time on it.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report is rescinded on filer's request.
    Closing out.