Date of Incident
    December 14, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Edwin "Xenomorph" Thomas / Camerona Stroble
    Their BYOND Key
    MrDadMan / TheSoldierLLJK
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7-8 PM GMT-3
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    Hello. I've never wrote a staff report in my several years of playing CM, but this is, in my honest opinion, too unreasonable to ignore.

Today, in LRC, there was some drama over Avalanche and Seo-Ha-Ra having swapped usernames. Moonshanks the discord manager wanted them to un-swap to clear up confusion, which caused LRC to get very riled up.

Seemingly, after the events, TheSoldierLLJK ordered MrDadMan to ban everyone inside the discussion who insulted Moonshanks, which is reasonable. However, in this ban, somehow Jinxed was caught in it, despite having, not once, said anything insulting towards the discord manager, as seen in the evidence. The worst they've done was be slightly aggressive, which is something all staff have done every so often - at worst this should be a warning, not a 7 day ban. Not in any of these messages was there a single insult, even a back-handed passive-aggressive one, only mildly aggresive wording, which is an absurd thing to 7 day ban someone over without escalation.

This is, honestly, completely ridiculous. I don't know who exactly is to blame here, DadMan for picking out Jinx to ban, or Soldier for ordering the bans, but either way this is way, way, waaaay too far and a VAST overreach and abuse of power.

There have been plenty of times in CM's history where the community goes apeshit over something completely justified. But this is not justified, it's insane. Someone was 7 day banned for something that didn't break the rules. This should never have happened and whoever is responsible should be suspended or demoted. Not a slap on the wrist.

Events like these are what disintegrate the community's trust in staff.

I am making this report on behalf of Stroble, who has told me in DMs (as seen below, and can be confirmed by DMing them) that they would make the staff report but they do not want to spend time out of their day to get their blood boiling on CM. This *may* technically be against the preexisting rules, but as we've seen before with Scarlet not being allowed to handle Dreven's reports, these rulings can and should be made null preemptively when unapplicable.

I saw that Soldier closed a staff report made on him in under 20 minutes. Please don't do this, as this is not just a report against you, it's against someone else, and closing a report made on yourself is blatant abuse of power anyways - just ask Frozen or Forest to close it if it's ridiculous. Because even if it's obviously too far, protocols exist for a reason, to prevent abuse, it's the same reasoning behind moderators not being able to handle an adminhelp that includes them.
    Evidence
    Reasoning for why Jinxed was banned:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7610/image.png

Jinxed allowing me to make this report:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...4073/image.png
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's come to my attention that Jinxed got unbanned. This is great! However, I don't think the ban should have happened to begin with, and simply letting whoever is responsible get off scot free because it was nullified post-facto is bad as it encourages misuse of power, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrDadMan did what I ordered him to do, I ordered him to go through everyone insulting moonshanks for trying to do his job. He should not be the subject of this report. Also carlac we don’t have a procedure but you are an uninvolved party, and had no action taken against you, and discord reports are supposed to be handled by the report function via discord.

I won’t close this, but I’m gonna say something that’s unpopular and this is a tough shit moment for anyone reading (not you)

I pay for the server costs, I am the host. I have every right to say who can be in this community and who can not. I literally posted the other day that an attack against our staff is an attack against me. What people did against moonshanks was not right. You might think “he can’t do that” yes I can carlac, if you pay for something and have ownership of something, you have every right to refuse service to whoever you want for whatever reason.

If I own a bar and a patron comes in that I have a bad vibe about, I can tell them to leave. If I own a store and a customer looks shady I can tell them to leave.

Previous hosts have community banned people for stuff with very limited evidence, there is no precedent nor a policy. If the man who pays for the server bans someone they ban someone. However, I will admit when dadman sent me the screenshots, jinxed comments were mixed in while I was reading chainsaws comments. I looked over it and had him unbanned and his warning removed.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 12-15-2022 at 02:08 AM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I would like to formally address this; it's been sitting for a while

While Thesoldier did order me to do this, I am ultimately responsible for the decisions made on the discord and accept this as a misuse of my authority

Jinxed did nothing here that should have resulted in a ban. They confronted properly asking for an explanation to why the person in question was being corrected, and I added them to the mix. This was a mistake and I informally apologized in dms about the situation and hope that matters could remain the same after. I truly do apologize for getting Jinxed mixed up in the situation; they did nothing that could be listed as an infraction and did not deserve this. Whatever I can do to prevent mistakes like this happening in the future, I will do my best to ensure it doesn't
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologized to the player as well a couple days afterwards cause I found out while others broke rules we determined what the player said wasn’t a rule break.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies were made, and on further review it is clear that the ban was misplaced.
    MrDadMan was following the instructions of the then Host and therefore is not directly at fault, however has recognised they should not have complied with the instructions. No further action will be taken against them.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001